• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psych Season 8 |OT| Wait for Eiiight - Wednesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Lassie having a baby? This really is the last season :(

ib0EsBWPTRwX3z.gif

i1Z0cSFKPlLXW.gif

Trout's mother was hilarious.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 8: episode 3 "Remake A.K.A. Cloudy... With a Chance of Improvement"

During Sandra Panitch's trial, Gus and Shawn investigate the murder she allegedly committed.

I'm behind two episodes, but the first one was great. My fiance and I are going to catch up this evening. I've been watching since it originally aired, and it pains me when I acknowledge that this is the last season. Will be back when I'm all caught up. #WWGD

Love the little details like the Tube TV rather than a flat screen. Though I would've liked to see a child actor again rather than a baby.

TheOddOne

Shawn: It is infuriating, Gus. You don’t remake the Dukes of Hazzard. The whole point of a remake is to chose something that showed serious promise but failed to live up to expectations. I mean, that is the magic of movies.
Gus: No, I feel you. They add all those new characters that were super broad, the whole sub-plot with the racecar driver, he was terrible.
Shawn: Cartoonish.

Roday was the racecar driver in The Dukes remake.

005TDH_James_Roday_006.jpg

:lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Shawn: It is infuriating, Gus. You don’t remake the Dukes of Hazzard. The whole point of a remake is to chose something that showed serious promise but failed to live up to expectations. I mean, that is the magic of movies.
Gus: No, I feel you. They add all those new characters that were super broad, the whole sub-plot with the racecar driver, he was terrible.
Shawn: Cartoonish.

Roday was the racecar drives in The Dukes remake.

005TDH_James_Roday_006.jpg

:lol

wow

So any idea why they casted already existing characters as others, is it like a alternate dimension thing?

Also the original episode was better.

TheOddOne

So any idea why they casted already existing characters as others, is it like a alternate dimension thing?

Also the original episode was better.
They wanted to bring back some actors from older episodes.

*Incoming Psych nerdness*

Lindsay Sloane as Sandra Panitch: she was in season 6’s Shawn and the Real Girl.

jfmPbGIUeSktS.png

Janet Varney as Connie Camp: she was in season 3’s Murder? … Anyone? … Anyone? … Bueller?
Carlos Jacott as Morty Camp: he was in season 6’s The Tao of Gus.

j1jNBMPOCYS9O.png

Ray Wise as Judge Horace Leland: better known as Father Westley from season 4’s The Devil's in the Details... and the Upstairs Bedroom and season 5’s Dual Spires.

jwquybx7r6wvo.png

Ralph Macchio as Nick Conforth: he was in season 5’s We'd Like to Thank the Academy—his characters name was Nick Conforth in that episode too.

jbeoMmSZFRnssr.png

Allie Bertram as juror #5: she was in season 7’s Office Space.

jKzn8FMo10RiM.png

Katharine Isabelle as Priscilla Morgenstern: she was in season 2’s Black and Tan: A Crime of Fashion.

j6QJf1smKegjo.png

Alan Ruck as Ruben Leonard: he was in season 3’s Gus Walks Into a Bank.

jb2tDmVzudsyLh.png

Ed Lover as the bailiff: he was in season 6’s Last Night Gus—C’mon son.

jZGpMaiWKBX4k.png

Bound to be more.

The Dukes Of Hazzard remake was directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, who also directed the Psych episodes Let's Doo-Wop It Again, Chivalry Is Not Dead... But Someone Is, Bollywood Homicide and The Greatest Adventure in the History of Basic Cable.

Ralph is called Phelps just like in the original episode.

Dana Brooks who played Bob Barker in the Dual Spires(Twin Peaks homage) episode is now the murder victim Jackson Hale.

Batigol

Banned
I don't know about that remake episode. What was the point? It wasn't better than the original episode. Just seemed pointless. Total filler episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom