• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break is $10 on Steam. Is it worth it?

I just finished the first chapter and its pretty impressive. however lack of FOV, motion blur and and other essential options makes it only OK.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It sure looks better than Control.
It does, but it has some flaws too, mainly bad shadow quality of self shadows on character's faces and pixelated volumetric lighting even on max settings.

I can't even finish it, it's so boring - Control I mean.
I think the main problem of this game for me personaly is piss poor level navigation + really bad map, very long and boring coridors and just levels in general, not a lot of interesting stuff to do and I don't mean some bog-standard POS open world stuff. Story, while yes intriguing at first, falls apart and not very interesting or unique at the end and I could not care less about any of the characters on emotional level in this game, which I can't say about Quantum Break.

I mean, the game sure has very interesting X-Files x Twin Peaks-like lore, mood, atmosphere and even one interesting (in game, not in FMVs which as always just amazing all around) character (Ahti), really cool combat with all the destruction you can do but beyond that... I think this game could've been much better if they've made it like their other and more traditional narrative focused games like Quantum Break for example. Just this concept of exploring really big and boring coridor / semi-open levels in a huge building is just not interesting to me in any way shape or form and if you'll also condider other flaws.... yeah, this game is definitely and unfortunately not Remedy's best.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I liked it a lot, less frustrating boss fights than Control, great plot and cool actors. I would recommend.

GymWolf

control is a far superior game to me.

quantum protagonist has a wood stick in his anus when he move, the serial is trash, you have very little combat compared to control and literally 50% of the plot is written in documents that you have to find.

but i liked the graphics and set piece more in quantum, also the time power are neat, but i'm a sucker for telekinetic stuff so control take the lead in term of power.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Tried it didn't like it, also doesn't help the game runs absolutely terrible, i could get barely 60 fps at ultra settings at 1080p on a 1080ti.

GymWolf

Tried it didn't like it, also doesn't help the game runs absolutely terrible, i could get barely 60 fps at ultra settings at 1080p on a 1080ti.
one of the most broken game at launch of this gen.
probably the only game i played at 30 fps on pc in the last 5+ years.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I think it is. It's a solid 7.5/10 game.

quantum_break_shoulder_bash_by_digi_matrix-d9rfq8e.gif

I have the Timeless Collector's Edition of the physical release for PC. It's one of the most fun games that I've ever played; its gameplay is a solid 10/10, and its story is a solid 7.5/10. Where it faulters is the length and linearity of its campaign; I beat it in only 6 hours on the hardest difficultly available on my first playthrough and I found that there was literally only one route for every map and that every map was structured like a corridor (a narrow path closed off on bith sides).

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
At that price is just under a dollar an hour for your time. I’d say it’s worth a go.

Not much else you can get lately.

Sacred

It is fantastic and I personally loved seeing how my choices affected the TV show, one of the most underrated games this gen for sure.

Last edited:

mrMUR_96

Did you run the dx11 or dx12 version? it's a botched port that only runs fine if you have dx11 on nvidia or dx12 on amd.

Kenpachii

Did you run the dx11 or dx12 version? it's a botched port that only runs fine if you have dx11 on nvidia or dx12 on amd.

Dunno here u see performance of what i got, didn't saw a dx11/dx12 option in the game.

It drops to low 60's all day long and that's on a oecd 1080 ti which is leagues above the GPU's that were out in that time period.

ZywyPL

Banned
It drops to low 60's all day long and that's on a oecd 1080 ti which is leagues above the GPU's that were out in that time period.

Don't know why but Steam version performs noticeably worse than Windows Store one, I can get 75-85FPS with the latter one, whereas Steam version can't even hit consistent 60 on the exact same settings.

mrMUR_96

Dunno here u see performance of what i got, didn't saw a dx11/dx12 option in the game.

The windows store version is dx12 and the steam is dx11.

Dynomite

So I bought it and played through the game in two days. I did enjoy it. The live action scenes were interesting, but I was let down by the obscure ending.

$10 well spent. Solid 7/10 game.

Perrott

The unique concept of the game makes it worth it, pretty much like with The Order (both games are great tho).

The unique concept of the game makes it worth it, pretty much like with The Order (both games are great tho).

Im close to the end and its simple reminder game play will always be sacrificed for better graphics now because of the worthless sheep. The world is amazing in QB, as it was TO, but they are absolutely lifeless and empty. These were released 4 yrs ago and nothing has changed. the mo cap in these titles are amazing, nothing i repeat nothing is going to be different going forward.

Top Bottom