• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break PC and Xbox One Patch in the Works

gossi

Just got a update notification in the store for the PC Version. It's only a 27GB Patch.

That patch was 2gb on Xbox One. And the code base is almost the same, given UWA.

What a disaster - the patch is almost 20 times bigger on PC because, er?

gossi

How about we finish downloading and see whats up before we jump to conclusions?

I'm not, I'm just pointing out the size difference. Just looking at the install logs - it appears Windows Store does not yet support deltas. So any file they change has to redownload entirely.

UWP for gaming:
c4jt321.png

Because so far it's definitely made sure devs release unbroken, well optimized products. And apparently timely, reasonable patches!

Dsyndrome

I once again am amazed at how slow Windows store is to download things, slower than PSN is a feet not shared by many.

Im not completely sure but it looks like some of the low res textures were improved and was the option to turn off film grain in the previous builds?

I can safely say that the PC version still needs improvements.

K' Dash

Great, I'm about to finish this and The patch goes live.

I guess I can replay The Game if this is a real improvement.

GHG

Im not completely sure but it looks like some of the low res textures were improved and was the option to turn off film grain in the previous builds?

I can safely say that the PC version still needs improvements.

Did you get any patch notes pop up at all?

dr_rus

Guys, the patch seems to well worth the 27GB download:

rLOb.jpg

I'll check further but it looks like the game can be run in a native res now.

Other options added are the film grain toggle and the exit option in the main menu.

Edit: Yep, the game can run in native res now:

Upscaling on:
tLOb.jpg

Upscaling off:
uLOb.jpg

rLOb.jpg

Other options added are the film grain toggle and the exit option in the main menu.

YESSSSSS~!!!!

Dsyndrome

To be expected, performance tanks with upscaling off. Definitely looks better. It's easy to see when you're aiming from behind the shoulder.

dr_rus

How's the frame rate now? Is it possible to check in an UWP game?

All max (meaning above the Ultra preset) in 2560x1600 on my 980Ti is a slideshow in native res - 10-15 fps if not less - hard to tell as there is no way of measuring them at the moment.

Ultra preset in 1080p seems rather playable although I don't think that I'm hitting 60 in this mode, looks more like somewhere between 40 and 50.

GHG

rLOb.jpg

Praise the sun. Great news.

Corpekata

Banned
Turning upscaling off @ 1440p on a 980ti is about a 20 FPS loss. Scenes that hovered in the 55-60 range are now in the 38-40. Haven't checked the FPS lock and frame pacing, might be worth it for those that lock it at 30.

All max (meaning above the Ultra preset) in 2560x1600 on my 980Ti is a slideshow in native res - 10-15 fps if not less - hard to tell as there is no way of measuring them at the moment.

Ultra preset in 1080p seems rather playable although I don't think that I'm hitting 60 in this mode, looks more like somewhere between 40 and 50.

I'd be interested to know if performance is the same at 1440p upscaled and 1080p native. Or hell even 1080p upscaled and 720p native for that matter. The patch is downloading for me at the moment and I guess if no one else does it I'll know soon enough.

CHC

Holy jesus upscaling is optional now!? That's amazing.

And by amazing, I mean "the way it should have been because that's what every other game on Earth does."

shandy706

I'm honestly not sure our GPUs can handle all the freaking reflections and environmental effects at "native res" in this game even if they "optimize" till the end of time. (on ultra/very high, and resolutions above 1440p that is)

Edit* ...and by "handle" I mean a locked 60.

Downloading update myself now. I'll update with my performance when the Windows Store finishes downloading it next year....sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

mjp2417

Banned
I'm still downloading the game and patch, but has anyone with a 980ti been able to get a solid 60 fps at 1080 native?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Windows store says I have no room for the update, even though I've got like 60 gigs left on my SSD and the game is already installed. Hmm.

nynt9

I'm presuming it still doesn't support widescreen? When I asked them on twitter about it they dodged the question in their response.

It looks like a totally different game with upscaling and film grain turned off

yj3sQY7.jpg

Still have the ridiculous reflection artifact though...

PIqeBUt.jpg

And it's still doing some temporal reconstruction, as you can see from the artifacts around his face

ldVumCS.jpg

Peterthumpa

I'm presuming it still doesn't support widescreen? When I asked them on twitter about it they dodged the question in their response.

It looks like a totally different game with upscaling and film grain turned off
Congrats for the NeoGAF's hyperbole of the day prize.

Top Bottom