• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Review Thread

Animator

Just how fucking bad is microsoft with PC gaming?

Game is releasing today and I can't find an answer anywhere on what time it will be up on store, the download size, any pc impressions, nothing.

You don't need to reinvent the wheel, just look at every digital store that came out in the last 10 years, goddamn.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Game is releasing today and I can't find an answer anywhere on what time it will be up on store, the download size, any pc impressions, nothing.

You don't need to reinvent the wheel, just look at every digital store that came out in the last 10 years, goddamn.

I assume it was a pretty last second decision to bring this to PC. It's probably coming in hot.

Vamphuntr

I was wondering the same thing. They don't even have preloads on their store. I'm hoping it's a good port but the Win 10 train so far has been disappointing.

Doffen

Russian store purchase has now unlocked, playing now :)

Pfww706.jpg

singhr1

Windows 10 store preloading/pre-ordering isn't available until the Anniversary Update hits this summer.

Stop getting so riled up about these small things man, even though this shit has been done before it takes time. It's not just a copy-and-paste job... that's not how software development works. W10 hasn't had the time to mature like steam or xbox has.

There were some PC impressions at the MS event but since no reviewers got PC codes, no final PC impressions. Not that hard to figure out.

I am concerned about this as well. I have it preordered on my One, but I only preordered it so I can get the PC version. I am not too thrilled about the lack of information pertaining to PC version. I hope it's stable, if not, I'll just play it on Xbox.

Theorry

Windows 10 store preloading/pre-ordering isn't available until the Anniversary Update hits this summer.

Stop getting so riled up about these small things man, even though this shit has been done before it takes time. It's not just a copy-and-paste job... that's not how software development works.

There were some PC impressions at the MS event but since no reviewers got PC codes, no final PC impressions. Not that hard to figure out.

Look at the bright side. Couple of months ago there wasnt even a PC version coming haha.
But i understand some of the frustration. I mean if you are used to some things its quite annoying. But like you said give them some time imo.

Ricker

Look at the bright side. Couple of months ago there wasnt even a PC version coming haha.
But i understand some of the frustration. I mean if you are used to some things its quite annoying. But like you said give them some time imo.

Specially since it's free if you pre-ordered on the X1... ;)...but I agree they could do better in the future...

prag16

Banned
Every gaffer has to go through that moment when they realize what they're actually looking at. It's followed by a cringe, and then some sympathetic embarrassment.
Wtf is this garbage. The dude's having a little fun. And they're reasonable well done. I like it.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Store I'm buying it from opens in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Then I have to stare at the cover while I'm at work for the subsequent 5 hours after that. Ugh.

Kookos

Downloading the 45gb update right now. As if the 121gb I had pre-loaded wasn't enough...

Guess I'll start playing in the morning.

SilentRob

At work so can't search...anyone know what the update does? Just curious if and what improvements are being made.

It's the Day 1 patch. It eliminates a few weird 2-second-loading times in the middle of cutscenes, bugs, glitches and other technical hiccups. Typical optimisation stuff. It also implemented the option to download the series from the main menu with our pre-release codes, but I'm not sure if there's another way to do that without the Day 1 patch. Because of the technical fixes you should absolutely download it before playing.

Please tell me this is a joke, it will take me days to download that!!!!

Its 4.5, not 45 ;)

Certinty

Finished the first act, absolutely loved it. Only issue is playing on hard the enemies seem like bullet sponges?

Also enjoyed the live episode, way more than I actually expected to.

EvB

Where's the OT?

I've just started playing it and holy moly does it look good. The whole 720p fiasco is so far off the mark it is unreal.

Also

Thread title needs to tb

Quantum Break OT : The time egg is fucked

Ricker

Where's the OT?

I've just started playing it and holy moly does it look good. The whole 720p fiasco is so far off the mark it is unreal.

Also

Thread title needs to tb

Quantum Break OT : The time egg is fucked

I was coming to ask about the OT also...

freefornow

September in Australia is the only month I use my local towns public transport! I cycle through rain, hail, 47C temps and eye blinding sand storms in summer. But I wont ride my bike in September thanks to the above!

Some time manipulation would be damn handy to deal with these effers!

Well, this definitely isn't a 4.5gb patch. It's been almost an hour since I started the download and I'm only at 15%.

Maybe my XOne is just downloading the main game again? I mean, I did pre-load the game and the TV episodes but maybe something's gone wrong. I don't know, it's just a hunch.

How long ago did you preorder? Any preorders before March 2nd contained a 100MB placeholder file that falsely showed up as 45GB and had to be redownloaded to preload the full game.

What is up with the Quantum Break experience page on Xbox? It has a timer that ends in 1hr:41 minutes with "TIME BREAKS DOWN" under it. I assume the game isn't unlocking at 8 EST?

Zedox

How long ago did you preorder? Any preorders before March 2nd contained a 100MB placeholder file that falsely showed up as 45GB and had to be redownloaded to preload the full game.

Welp, I definitely preordered before then. Repreloading now. Hopefully 5.5 hours is enough time to download everything. Granted I may not be able to play tonight...or prolly won't be able to stream. We shall see.

Kookos

I preordered on February 21.

Allright, I'm off to bed. The wait is almost over... :)

icespide

Banned
xbox one still has that issue where if you preload too early you get boned and have to download the whole game again when it unlocks?

Genio88

Just finished the first episode, so far game is great now i have to make a choice and then i'll watch the first episode of the show I guess...late night here so i'm going to sleep hoping that tomorrow the Windows 10 code will be sent, game runs pretty well on Xbox One resolution is good too though it must be awesome on PC

Top Bottom