• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R2-D2 or BB-8?

What is best in life?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

BB8. Amazing character, personality, and humor. I love R2 but damn, BB8 is the GOAT.

I of course still love R2 and he played a huge part in the OT... but I'm caught up in the new hotness.

Dicer

Banned
R2's head stays where it belongs, BB8 is like a crack-headed hoe giving a BJ for a fix, head movin all over...

R2 is the GOAT

Quick

Banned
76962-25814.jpg

No love for R4?

I see how it is.

Africanus

When we see R2 using his jetpacks in the next movie and BB8 is left rolling around at the speed of sound
then we shall know who is superior.

Tobor

BB-8 never had to deal with the racism that C3PO and R2D2 faced.

BB-8 strolled right into Maz's place like he owned the joint.

30 years earlier...

images-1_zps2e49b54c.jpeg

images-2_zps3cc21ca9.jpeg

R2 because he gets shit done.

BB-8 wins the cute/adorable department and that's it.

Chopper is a close second in the usefulness department. Don't know who's the bigger asshole between it and R2 though.

Chopper easily. R2 is a verbal jerk while Chopper is often physically abusive to his friends on top of being a verbal jerk. Again:

BL4ItTz.gif

R2 would have never pulled something like that lol. That's why I love Chopper though.

Sayers

Yeah, I'm probably misremembering that. Regardless, she's not the first character in canon that understands the bleep-bloop droids (new official term). Ezra on Rebels legit understands Chopper for instance.

Anakin and Ahsoka could both understand R2 as well.

The order is: R2-D2 > Chopper > BB-8.

All three are great though.

I would be more pissed about this than
Han dying.

There would be more salt on that wound if Luke
ignored C3PO like Leia forgetting about Chewie.

My morbid side kinda wants the next movie to be a salty spree of OT characters getting slain...I don't know why at all lol. I see myself doing the jacknickelsonyes.gif face throughout it all.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
we only had one movie with bb8 so far, so lets see how he developes in 8 and 9, but so far i still prefer r2

This thread is pretty disrespectful.. BB-8 might be cute but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with R2.. R2's resume is just too good at this point.
BB-8 has a long way to go

R2 has nearly 40 years of history and pop culture significance, I don't think this is a fair comparison. That said, BB8 is a great character and seems to have a little more personality than R2, especially how its movements portray its 'emotions' without any sort of beeps. The thumbs up scene got the theater erupting into laughter at both of my viewings. Honestly the character is enough comic relief for the entire film.

R2 is badass cute, like a grown up Siberian Husky.
BB-8 is like a Siberian Husky puppy. Just cute all around.

The real answer is C-3PO.

I like R2's interactions with C3PO. I imagine if he could speak he would be very coarse and have a Yorkshire accent. BB8 is definitely cute but he's no-one's foil. Maybe BB8 and R2 can team up on C3PO and do some kind of hi-5 when they troll him. I think that would work.

Shaanyboi

Banned
And that's saying something, because everything about that show is so enjoyable.
... not... really...

I mean it has some strong moments, but it doesn't know what to do with almost half of its recurring cast, Ezra is often insufferable, its comedic beats rarely really land, they endlessly repeat old Star Wars lines, and I mean half of the current season has been boring filler.

When it's good, it's good, but there's a lot of clunkiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom