• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radio silence since April for Rocksteady's Suicide Squad

The theme of the game just doesn't match what they are trying to do. Having characters who don't use guns using guns is just a little weird. Plus why release almost the same game in comparison to Gotham knights?
I don't know if they have enough time to change anything drastic than what we have seen.

hyperbertha

Yup! To go from Rise of the Tomb Raider to that, was just such a waste of that studio. Huge missed opportunity
Rise of tomb raider? The Deus ex studio was wasted for Avengers which is what made it so outrageous. If it were rotr it wouldn't have been much of a waste imo. Those new tr games are really mediocre.

Stafford

Ideally we get a new trailer at VGA. It's just damn sad to see what's going on with this studio. They really should have just stuck to what they do best, singleplayer games. Those rumors about a Damian Wayne game sounded great.

So far Suicide Squad isn't looking too hot. Unfortunately.

The theme of the game just doesn't match what they are trying to do. Having characters who don't use guns using guns is just a little weird. Plus why release almost the same game in comparison to Gotham knights?
I don't know if they have enough time to change anything drastic than what we have seen.

Which characters don't use guns? I'm not well versed in comics, but I've watched more Comics Explained than I probably should admit and it doesn't seem so far out of reach for those characters to use guns.

PeteBull

how've we ended up getting bombarded this gen by games we never asked for?...
Ppl at the head/who decide about things arent gamers, those fucks just look at excel, not at how fun game will be, so most games dont even have any chance to be fun, despite lower lvl devs doing their best.
Many games suffer from that and it will only gonna get worse before it gets better, they simply gotta go bankrupt, all those pubs/devs who dont take game being fun/high quality as the top priority, ofc devs working there gonna get fired/studios gonna get closed, but what can u do, its a price we(them) gotta pay for actually making sure talent wins, like always.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Ideally we get a new trailer at VGA. It's just damn sad to see what's going on with this studio. They really should have just stuck to what they do best, singleplayer games. Those rumors about a Damian Wayne game sounded great.

Long before that the rumor was they were doing another Batman but based on the Silver Age (1956-1970).

That always sounded fucking amazing to me.

DanielG165

I don’t have a lot of hope for this game, but I would Rocksteady keep their heads down and work than constantly having someone post on social media. More studios should do this, regardless of the end product.

Bkdk

No one knows what really happens to them, seems like this could very well be their last game, after release, likely flop both sales and reception and this studio will be done for. I totally expect both them and bioware would be gone within a year making some pretty juicy drama in the gaming industry.

Zuzu

I watched the gameplay reveal trailer of this again the other day and man it looks dull. The characters and story could be alright but the actual gameplay just looks like a total failure.

If they don’t do something drastic then it could be another Anthem or Marvel’s Avengers.

Last edited:

SyberWolf

they should just scrap the game and start fresh with something else.
this game gave me avengers vibes.

Last edited:
I can't believe these 2 trash games are what became of the Arkham legacy.

We went from brilliantly atmospheric & rich solo experiences to wannabe-marvel superfriends junk, with a sassy crew of heroes and obligatory, nauseating attempts at humor.

Who wants any of this?
I believe the game fell victim of long development times....They tried to chase GaaS and marvel frenzy, but games took too long to develop. And was there any talent exodus?

Last edited:

tkscz

After the death of The Avengers, the failure of Gotham Knights and the HUGE success of Hogwarts Legacy, I would assume they are re-working the shit out of the game to forgo the "looter shooter, games as a service" model they had going for it and making it into an enjoyable single player game. At least I hope that's the case.

The Stig

Gotham knights is actually not that bad when taken in isolation (not viewed as a sequel to the Arkham games).
This looks way worse.
fair enough. if suicide squad comes out in the state it was in that earlier video I think youre right, it'll be a disaster.

After the death of The Avengers, the failure of Gotham Knights and the HUGE success of Hogwarts Legacy, I would assume they are re-working the shit out of the game to forgo the "looter shooter, games as a service" model they had going for it and making it into an enjoyable single player game. At least I hope that's the case.
It's too late. Far too late.

They're just gonna go back to Arkham after this.

xrnzaaas

The time to cancel this has passed considering how much money was invested. I'm even less excited than for Gotham Knights and that's really sad since I absolutely loved Arkham games and I still enjoyed replaying some of them recently.

They should let Rocksteady make another Arkham game. It's been so long since Arkham Knight and it could feel fresh even without revolutionary changes to the formula.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The time to cancel this has passed considering how much money was invested. I'm even less excited than for Gotham Knights and that's really sad since I absolutely loved Arkham games and I still enjoyed replaying some of them recently.

They should let Rocksteady make another Arkham game. It's been so long since Arkham Knight and it could feel fresh even without revolutionary changes to the formula.

When was the last time you played Arkham Knight? It holds up wonderfully I think. Though Im also in the minority that loved the Batmobile stuff.

Nothing can save Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League. The fundamentals of the game are wrong. 10 months will not let them go back to the drawing board.

This live service will be lucky to live for 18 months post-release. It's servers will be dead and all but empty by May next year with the current February release date

Last edited:
The amount of people here that forgot this game was a thing 😂 Incredible
I forgot about its existence and I was happier because of that 😞
don-draper-madmen.gif

Top Bottom