• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randy Pitchford shares video of animal abuse on Twitter

I mean honestly, how can anyone like this man? Even Twitter deemed the video as inappropriate and removed it. Of course he had to give a BS lie to justify his actions.

aBpo1cq.png

MC Safety

The social experiment excuse is ridiculous. Anyone who may be considering suggesting their boorish actions are a social experiment, heed this cautionary tale.

You're better off admitting you were an oversized asshat and saying you are sorry.

Last edited:

Petrae

If Gearbox was publicly traded, that assclown Pitchford would have been ejected a long time ago. As it stands, it’s sad that the leader of the company is an embarrassment to his entire team and genuinely makes it difficult to support and/or root for any product that Gearbox has a hand in.

Stuart360

If Gearbox was publicly traded, that assclown Pitchford would have been ejected a long time ago. As it stands, it’s sad that the leader of the company is an embarrassment to his entire team and genuinely makes it difficult to support and/or root for any product that Gearbox has a hand in.
Like i said in another thread, thankfully i'm one of the few people who could never really get into Borderlands, so skipping Borderlands 3 is a given for me.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Ya id punch that guy. Sick a flerken on that motherfucker.

Dude thought it was funny, we know what type of guy that is.

Honestly id be fine if it was human vs crab. But not domesticated household cat.

For all he knows it could cause some serious issues with that cat. Cats are sensitive and I'm sure they have can have extreme ptsd that affects their personalities for the rest of their life.

Its like that gif out there, where people have put a cat on a trampoline and humans are jumping on the trampoline. People think “its funny”, ya look at that cats face... Pisses me off so much.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Can someone summarize the content of the video please?

Here, its not nice at all dude. Basically crab pinches cat paw and does NoT let go until after kitty goes full crazy. Sad.

Not something you post to twitter for fun as the CEO of a major company (or a moderately decent human being)

Last edited:
Some of you guys are acting like he recorded the video.
But then again he's clearly a dumbass to think that posting a video like that would elicit any other reaction in today's outrage-happy climate. Not surprised to see Jim Sterling already on it and fanning the flames lol

Edit: Disclaimer for special folk: I'm not defending the idiot.

Last edited:

Stuart360

But then again he's clearly a dumbass to think that posting a video like that would elicit any other reaction in today's outrage-happy climate. Not surprised to see Jim Sterling already on it and fanning the flames lol
Dont defend him ffs.

So you think it’s funny to see animals put in a position to fight each other ??

So you think it’s funny to see animals put in a position to fight each other ??
I don't know how you could have possibly come to that conclusion from what I wrote. But I now understand why you watch Jim Sterling videos to formulate your opinions.
Your full quote -

'he's clearly a dumbass to think that posting a video like that would elicit any other reaction in today's outrage-happy climate'.

Nice try though.
The second part of that sentence doesn't negate the first part.
I'm starting to think this website is skewing.. younger (to put it nicely), because I'm finding myself having to explain obvious conclusions too often lately. Like in this case, I apparently needed to preface my post with a disclaimer that I'm not defending the idiot (despite the fact that I insult him in the very same sentence).
I'm just trying to point out that you guys should probably think twice about dancing to the tune of outrage influencers like Sterling. If you want to boycott Gearbox games then by all means do so, but leave the pathetic posturing for Resetera.

I don't know how you could have possibly come to that conclusion from what I wrote. But I now understand why you watch Jim Sterling videos to formulate your opinions.

I'm starting to think this website is skewing.. younger (to put it nicely), because I'm finding myself having to explain obvious conclusions too often lately. Like in this case, I apparently needed to preface my post with a disclaimer that I'm not defending the idiot (despite the fact that I insult him in the very same sentence).
I'm just trying to point out that you guys should probably think twice about dancing to the tune of outrage influencers like Sterling. If you want to boycott Gearbox games then by all means do so, but leave the pathetic posturing for Resetera.
I Ask a legit question. Then you avoid said question and deflect it with “lol you are a Jim Sterling watcher” Very classy, I never accused you of anything I merely asked you a question based on “In today’s outrage culture” posssibly implying you don’t think it was a bad thing.

Last edited:

Stuart360

You can try and weazel out of it but your post is there in black and white.
Oh and being against animal cruelty has nothing to do with 'outrage culture' or PC shite, or SJW shite, especially when its that sleazeball Pitchford who posted the vid.

Last edited:

LMJ

Me thinks some of you are over reacting, it's a sad video (never like to see animals in pain) but some of you are acting like this is an animal torture/snuff vid...

Pitchers reasoning is stupid, (as is he lol) but this is up there with the dog getting bit on his boys by the turtle vid...very light stuff people

lifa-cobex

Is he starting to crack?

Lies and absolutely defends Alien Colonial Marines.
48 year old starts moaning like a fucking teenager on twitter.
Now posting shit that wouldn't exactly be good PR when you've got a high profile game coming around the corner.

This isn't normal behavior.

Stafford

I met the dude once years ago when Gamescom was still called Games Convention. It was during a press meeting for Brothers in arms HH. Back then he seemed like a real cool down to earth dude, but man, the guy he seems to be based on all his online stuff is just off man.

Top Bottom