• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randy Pitchford shares video of animal abuse on Twitter

Someone should share a video on Twitter with Randy Pitchford getting abused. See how fucking funny that is.
dckw6rzvwaequv6-jpg.637208

Traianvs

Well, I hate being the "boycott guy" but fuck him. I can't tolerate violence against animals, more if it's a kitten (I love cats), so I guess no more Gearbox related products for me.
This is a boycott I can stand for

FranXico

You guys are such fucking losers

Fucking sheep,

Bigger issues in the world other than some dude posting a video of a cat getting pinched by a crab

People trying to beat each other on how outraged they are lol

It’s comical
And you are trying to display your superiority over the "losers"... on a gaming forum.

It's comical, alright...

Thanks for bringing some much needed perspective, Night Ninja! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Acidizer

Banned
"Animal abuse" seems way hyperbolic... curious cat gets nipped in the paw by a crab, obv filmed/staged on purpose. But abuse?

Video is sort of the equivalent of a human getting stung with a bee for laughs.

This Randy guy though... why the fuck would a boss of a company post this? Seems like some sort of trolling/attention seeking behaviour that this guy revels in.

Last edited:

Hudo

Fucking sheep,

Bigger issues in the world other than some dude posting a video of a cat getting pinched by a crab

It’s comical
Hey man, this is expert-level losing we're talking about! It requires a degree of misery, self-loathing and suffering that you can only achieve here on GAF. I love this place.

Acidizer

Banned
Naw, this is the thread about assholes who enjoy watching a kitten get hurt.

Pretty sure being a sociapath or being on Resetera aren't the only two options.

I suppose you've never laughed at an unsuspecting person getting pranked, even if it induced pain for them? I know, I know... poor innocent helpless kitten etc.

The cat got a shock and that's it, it looks much worse than it is, I've seen them go berserk like that over a laser pen.

The video isn't funny, it's more just "meh". But I don't think it amounts to cruelty either. Stupidity about covers it.

Lanrutcon

I suppose you've never laughed at an unsuspecting person getting pranked, even if it induced pain for them? I know, I know... poor innocent helpless kitten etc.

The cat got a shock and that's it, it looks much worse than it is, I've seen them go berserk like that over a laser pen.

The video isn't funny, it's more just "meh". But I don't think it amounts to cruelty either. Stupidity about covers it.

Oh, I've laughed at babies hit by those giant excercise balls. That shit's hilarious!

...kittens though. I'm a cat owner. You take a swing at a kitten and I'll murder your mom.

So I'll settle for irrationally calling it animal cruelty, but rationally it's just Randy being a dumbass. I still get to dislike him for other stuff though.

nikolino840

The social experiment excuse is ridiculous. Anyone who may be considering suggesting their boorish actions are a social experiment, heed this cautionary tale.

You're better off admitting you were an oversized asshat and saying you are sorry.
If he was not Randy now we are talking about censorship and jsw and vegans and leftists on Twitter

mortal

Gold Member
lol considering all the fucked up shit people continue to share on twitter at this very moment, how is this worth the outrage, I mean honestly?
I don't care for him, but this seems slightly overblown.

Airola

"Glad them idiots all went to Resetera."
"What, they banned the video of a guy on a shooting spree in a mosque and they made it illegal to share it, GOD DAMN SJW PIECES OF SHIT!"
"What, Randy Pitchford shared an 8 second video of a cat touching a crab and the crab taking a hold of the cat's paw and the cat couldn't get away for a couple of seconds, RANDY IS EVIL PIECE OF SHIT!!!"

MC Safety

There's a lack of compassion here and a real misunderstanding as to what cruelty entails. It's cruel to make two animals fight for your amusement. The expectation is something is going to happen, most likely one of the two creatures is going to get hurt.

Imagine if the aliens came down and forced you to fight a bear for their amusement. Would that be "meh"? Would it be cruel?

Acidizer

Banned
Cruelty is kicking a cat every time you are pissed off, or even just not feeding it and letting it wallow in its own piss.

But this isn't that. Nor was it an "animal fight". Some idiot put the crab and cat in close proximity to each other and filmed it.

Lanrutcon

Cruelty is kicking a cat every time you are pissed off, or even just not feeding it and letting it wallow in its own piss.

But this isn't that. Nor was it an "animal fight". Some idiot put the crab and cat in close proximity to each other and filmed it.

"No, officer. I didn't shoot that guy. I just rapidly put my bullets in close proximity to him."

I'd hire you as my attorney any day. PM me some details.

Lanrutcon

So you're saying a boxing promoter should be prosecuted if a fighter dies?

In your scenario...is the guy who put the animals together the promotor? and the fighers the crab and the kitten? In which case, the dude did so with the intention that the animals fight. So it's an animal fight. So it's a form of animal cruelty. Or maybe he expected the animals to hug. When you put two animals that don't know each other together in close proximity: what's the usual intention? what's the logical outcome?

Maybe don't compare the scenario to an organised fight after stating that it's not an organised fight.

nowhat

lol considering all the fucked up shit people continue to share on twitter at this very moment, how is this worth the outrage, I mean honestly?
I don't care for him, but this seems slightly overblown.
In and of itself, it's not that awful. But if you're the CEO of a company, you should put some effort into your social media presence or there can be consequences, both for you and your company. See: Elon Musk.

Airola

In which case, the dude did so with the intention that the animals fight. So it's an animal fight. So it's a form of animal cruelty. Or maybe he expected the animals to hug. When you put two animals that don't know each other together in close proximity: what's the usual intention? what's the logical outcome?

Is this 100% certain it happened like this? Is it certain the guy placed them together?

Airola

He may have mistaken the crab for an open can of tuna, in which case he was being a humanitarian and I apologize for slandering him.

I mean, is it sure someone brought them together instead of them seeing a crab, then a cat and then filming it?

Lanrutcon

I mean, is it sure someone brought them together instead of them seeing a crab, then a cat and then filming it?

No, I got what you meant. I was just bring snarky. It may legitimately just be a video of another clash in the never ending war between felines and crustaceans.

Xenon

Fucking sheep,

It’s comical

While i don't agree with the delivery, I agree with your point. People throw around words like abuse for dramatic effect. This is not animal abuse unless it's shown that this is something these people do regularly. Is it mean, yeah. But abuse is far too strong of a word. If they were starving these cats are putting them in the crabs in a much smaller area where they are forced to fight each other then maybe. But as it stands really they're letting the nature of the cat be the aggressor. And it's more about their curiosity and their inclination to fuck with things. Because if you were smaller than a cat Not only would it kill you but it would play with you for an hour before it finished you off.

Also this is standard internet pile on bullshit. Not a fan of Randy Pitchford but trying to make it seem like he's some kind of sadistic prick for posting this video is kind of ridiculous. Especially in a world where we we pay to watch people fight and brutalize each other all the time. And yes I get pitting up animals against each other is different since they don't have free will but really in this instance they did. The cats were interested in the crab and were perfectly free to walk away. Also this was barely even a fight, it's more cats messing with crabs.

Of course Mr Sterling is in rare form with a pro wrestling level of hyperbole, razor sharp claws indeed. His account is about a accurate as a historic Sony E3 presentation. It's sad because when he does serious stuff, it's great. But all too often, as is here, he appeals to the darker nature of the internet and fuels hate and mobs. But it's ok because he is one of the good guys.

Last edited:

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about. It's an animal, not like he posted a video of someone abusing a human child.

In the psychological profiles of serial killers, all had escalated upward from abusing animals.

Animals - once you connect with one - are living, emotional, soulful beings. To harm one is no different to harming a human. I hope you get to befriend an animal one day. They're great fun and can teach you a lot.

Thabass

I don't know if this constitute an animal abuse video. It's shitty for sure. I never like to see an animal get hurt and would never share one either.

They are plenty of things that Randy has done that could get you to boycott / be unsupportive of his games, but I don't think is top among them. This is more of an aside to further the point of him being an ass.

That said, I'm finding more and more reasons to not buy Borderlands 3. It's getting harder and harder to support him now. But at the same time, there are others who work on the game who aren't this dude. I want to support them.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Naw, this is the thread about assholes who enjoy watching a kitten get hurt.

Pretty sure being a sociopath or being on Resetera aren't the only two options.
Im not sure where you live but we had tv shows in germany that showed animals doing stupid shit etc even shit like in this video...
Again i dont get the issue here? People always laugh about cats doing stupid shit..

Last edited:
In the psychological profiles of serial killers, all had escalated upward from abusing animals.

Animals - once you connect with one - are living, emotional, soulful beings. To harm one is no different to harming a human. I hope you get to befriend an animal one day. They're great fun and can teach you a lot.
I know to pull assumptions out of one's ass and getting triggered like every typical millennial is cool but I got pets. Always had them since a little kid. I took care of a paralyzed rabbit and was giving it food and water because he couldn't move to eat or drink, I mean most people would have put it to sleep, but I think that's animal abuse. I don't kill insects unless they get on me or near my food, because killing them is wrong to me. However, I don't think they should be placed above human lives or are something to get triggered over. Kind of like people that think animals should be neutered and that's somehow not animal abuse lol.

Then again, I'm not a vegan warrior receiving PETA newsletters. We might just be viewing things differently. Also, not every serial killer is an animal abuser. I mean if we want to go that route, every person that thinks animals are better and humans are worse because we're horrible and nature is so much better and whatnot, is also likely to be a serial killer.

I hope you don't take this personal brother; I don't want to seem like I'm schooling you or anything, I see a lot of millennials take a Psychology 101 class and think they know psychology all of a sudden and are experts in the field.

May you have a blessed day and may all the glad tidings come to you my brother.

Airola

1742.jpg

Cat, we know what you are up to...

Last edited:

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I know to pull assumptions out of one's ass and getting triggered like every typical millennial is cool but I got pets. Always had them since a little kid. I took care of a paralyzed rabbit and was giving it food and water because he couldn't move to eat or drink, I mean most people would have put it to sleep, but I think that's animal abuse. I don't kill insects unless they get on me or near my food, because killing them is wrong to me. However, I don't think they should be placed above human lives or are something to get triggered over. Kind of like people that think animals should be neutered and that's somehow not animal abuse lol.

Then again, I'm not a vegan warrior receiving PETA newsletters. We might just be viewing things differently. Also, not every serial killer is an animal abuser. I mean if we want to go that route, every person that thinks animals are better and humans are worse because we're horrible and nature is so much better and whatnot, is also likely to be a serial killer.

I hope you don't take this personal brother; I don't want to seem like I'm schooling you or anything, I see a lot of millennials take a Psychology 101 class and think they know psychology all of a sudden and are experts in the field.

May you have a blessed day and may all the glad tidings come to you my brother.

I dig the irony that you assume I'm a millennial (I'm 40) ;)

Don't post when high. <--- My life lesson for today.

You are correct that I assumed on you as well. It's surprising to see how many varied belief systems are out there. You clearly do love animals but have a different value structure that I did not expect, nor have met prior.

I don't feel triggered by what you wrote. I just felt to share what I did, as the way your sentence was worded - I don't remember how you worded it, but I believe I posted this after a smoke and have memory of this feeling - left room for my assumption to be made, per what I read in to your statement. I believed as such, as the sentence written reminded me of when I still believed I didn't like cats (the one in my profile pic was my main dude, and passed away a few years back).

I'm definitely someone who places them as equal importance to protect and care for as humans. I appreciate the well wishes. Same to you. Regarding the serial killer comment, I was being lazy and realized I was generalizing based on the classic assumption made that those who abuse animals are high odds going to be serial killers.

Fascinating...

Top Bottom