• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: PS4 Pro Update details

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Update6: SSD installed, game patched and crash shortly after starting new game. :(

I disabled 'Connect to the Internet' in Settings > Network, didn't help. Triple checked the Blu-ray, looks great and the game ran fine in base PS4 mode.
Your console is almost for sure defective. You'll have to replace it.

Hwoar

I'm on a 65KS8000 and PS4 Pro and the game looks splendid in the 4K resolution, so much details.

However, I might have an issue in HDR. I started playing in HDR and thought it looked pretty good, but my friend suggested we looked without HDR, so we turned it off in the PS4 system menu. With HDR off, it looked so much more vibrant, all the colors were much more brighter and impressive, we were blown away at how pretty/vibrant it looked.

Also The default menu PS4 menu looked also much more "blue"/bright with HDR turned off.

So I come here to ask, has anyone experienced this? Is it a problem with the automatic setting/full/auto/something else? Is it intended that it is less vibrant so actual flashes of light/real vibrant color can shine more?

I know exactly what you mean because the first time I took HDR off I also thought hey wow that's so much more colourfull etc. But now I realise that it isn't better at all. Evertime I switch back now to test a certain image I realise how much better the HDR image is. I play with dynamic contrast off. But if you want that more vibrant img you can experiment with turning that on. Oh the ps4 menu just looks different because you are in a HDR game.

Shin-Ra

The Witness was crashing nearly as frequently as R&C in the 1440p60 mode so I got a replacement Pro and no more crashing after a few hours playing both.

One issue I think is game-specific is the squashed subtitles during realtime cutscenes.
31214082052_b7bb0ca3a8_o.png
I don't normally play with subtitles but starting a new game they defaulted on.

Hostile_18

Banned
Why did no one tell me how good this game actually is!?

Had this on my PS4 since the Pro came out and honestly this is the most fun I've had in a third person platformer game since Mario 64. Takes about half an hour to get into but once you do it's so worth it.

I think this is going to be a fun Plat!

Top Bottom