• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy |OT| Rip your PS3 a new one

Looking forward to play those jewels!

RFrnx.jpg

So excited for this. The Ratchet series was one of the primary highlights of the sixth generation in my opinion. Though I do agree the PS3 games are superior in most ways.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm importing from thehut.com, *crosses finger*

First European title to import, if smoothing sailing... will be doing more soon!

Himself

Ok so I just watched the hd trailer on the Vita and it looked glorious. Any rumors out there about a possible Vita release?

I almost cried when I didn't see Deadlocked on there...then I saw this
Rumor: A PSN-activation code to download a PSN-only HD Remake of Deadlocked will be included in the NA Ratchet and Clank Collection.

Oh god please be true.

Katzii

True to form, I got my ASDA order this morning (followed by an email five minutes after from ASDA saying I would be getting my order today!). Not played yet, but very much looking forward to it.

paischtu

Neo Member
Went to the store yesterday.. They didn't have it. Gonna grab it tomorrow! As someone who never played PS2 games and has recently played Sly Cooper Collection I'm hyped..

Footos22

True to form, I got my ASDA order this morning (followed by an email five minutes after from ASDA saying I would be getting my order today!). Not played yet, but very much looking forward to it.

Hmm what was your last tracking status

27/06/2012 09:50 Courier Received
27/06/2012 04:37 Out For Delivery
26/06/2012 22:37 Processed at Depot
26/06/2012 21:19 Receipt at Depot
26/06/2012 09:08 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
25/06/2012 21:16 Order Generated

cant tell whether its actually out for delivery or the courier just has it.
Did you have to sign for it?
Hope not or ill never get it

elfinke

Very good chance that this will be the first (and necessarily, the only), HD re-release I'll buy. PS2 R&C were far and away my favourite and biggest non-sporting/racing time spent with the console. Amazing games. 1080p/60fps sounds wonderful too.

Derrick01

Banned
I preordered this for 30 on Amazon so I hope whatever these preorder bonuses are that Insomniac's been hyping for months works retroactively, since the special price will likely be gone if I have to cancel then reorder.

Number45

I can't track my Asda order :(
No sign of it today though.
I had a mail shortly after ordering saying that it wouldn't track due to a technical problem, but promising it would be delivered for release. Fingers crossed, really looking forward to revisiting these (when Diablo lets go).

Jaxter09

Will be getting this as R&C is one of my favourite series. Love the first 3, but Ratchet Gladiator has not aged well at all.

LosDaddie

Banned
UYA was easily the best of the trilogy, and I never finished it. I might consider picking this up, but I haven't played CiT yet.

Cannot wait for this!

I played through and 100% Tools of Destruction and beat Quest for Booty.

Now just have to play through A Crack in Time before this is released!

I had a mail shortly after ordering saying that it wouldn't track due to a technical problem, but promising it would be delivered for release. Fingers crossed, really looking forward to revisiting these (when Diablo lets go).

Yeah I saw the email a few weeks back. I think its because the listing for the game was pulled from the website once ASDA realised how many people were buying it for £13.50. Everyone who purchased the game once it was relisted seem to be able to track it.

Yaska

Glad I postponed preordering, since that 30€ pricetag on psn is pretty sweet.

Also I've been waiting for these so long.

Fongul

Amazon UK told me they wouldn't ship to me.

Amazon Italy ships to the US. You can find the game here.

With 5-10 day shipping, it will run €40.70 ($50.78). 1-5 day shipping will run an extra $10 on top.

It's about $5 more than ordering from zavvi.com but the shipping speed is way better to the US...

Yaska

Loving playing the first one so far. Music is so awesome, graphics look really good. Also for those who want to use 3D, you need to enable it ingame in camera settings (3D level). The effect won't apply to cutscenes.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well my order from The Hut shipped

Being processed and all that

Excited to see when I will get it

NBtoaster

This really does look great in HD. And the first games controls aren't as hard to get used to as I thought.

Two minor annoyances: the breath meter never completely goes off screen and the gadgetron vendor guy looks really bad.

NBtoaster

Played a bit more, and while it looks and runs great I have some nitpicks:

-Ratchets helmet floats a little above his head in cutscenes in the second and third games (very noticable)
-some stuttering in the pre rendered, 4:3 cutscenes
-All the games are fairly bright (especially menus), with no option to change brightness
-Double jumping in UYA takes Ratchet off the screen (might be cropped 4:3)
-Mismatched ship sounds in UYA load screens

Playing multiplayer seems simple, you just create a profile (choose your name and skin) and you go to play. I couldn't find any games though :(

Hanmik

Our little site just posted a review..

http://joypad.dk/index.php/anmeldelser/1-spil/128-the-ratchet-and-clank-trilogy

75/100

Plus:
- The way the games evolve from Ratchet & Clank 1 through 2 till 3.
- The weapons.
- Cheap price for lots of content.

Minus:
- The platforming in Ratchet 1 is bad.
- The camera in 3 is bad in some places.
- Some of the minigames seems really out of place.
- The humor sometimes is to childish.

the review was written by a guy who has never played a Ratchet & Clank game before.. thought it would be nice to have a newcomers view on the games.!

Mush

Brief impressions (OG R&C):

-Total nostalgia overload. I grew up with Ratchet and Clank. It was my first game for the first console I ever owned. Today was my 20th birthday, and yet I feel like I'm 11 again.

-Graphics are sharp. Art still holds up till this day. Controls are fine, although I do miss strafe an awful lot.

-As mentioned, the Gadgetron vender looks abysmal and the Oxygen meter doesn't go away (however I have found that opening the vender gets rid of it).

-THE MUSIC. oh god hearing that record scratch on Novalis was like an epiphany.

Top Bottom