• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy |OT| Rip your PS3 a new one

Atolm

Bought my copy today, and a A crack in time is on the way as well. It's my first time with the series and so far I'm loving it.

balddemon

Banned
I will be extremely disappointed if we can't get deadlocked somehow. I also hope they added strafing and/or strafe-lock to the first 2 games. I know GC had strafing but you couldn't lock it

Yaska

Haven't really noticed how to do strafing in the first game. Also anyone know any good place to farm bolts for RYNO? Also biggest glitch I've noticed is the graphical glitch if you switch weapons fast in the gadgetron shop while playing in 3D. Whole screen becomes corrupted for few seconds. Usually SCEE QA is more accurate :p

balddemon

Banned
Haven't really noticed how to do strafing in the first game. Also anyone know any good place to farm bolts for RYNO? Also biggest glitch I've noticed is the graphical glitch if you switch weapons fast in the gadgetron shop while playing in 3D. Whole screen becomes corrupted for few seconds. Usually SCEE QA is more accurate :p
All you could do in the first game was hold R1 to crouch and turn in place.

As for bolts, iirc there is a trick you can do with he taunt gun and some boxes on the hover board track. I'm not positive that it's in he first game tho

NBtoaster

Finished the first game (about 15 hours). Still got a lot of stuff to do for Platinum.

Some thoughts:

-The bolt glitch on the Rilgar racetrack doesn't work. This was already fixed on some versions of the PS2 release anyway. Good luck with the 1,000,000 bolt trophy!

-You get a few hundred thousand bolts per playthrough, and you will need to spend most of that on the first 2 playthroughs on weapons and upgrades to get the other trophies :p

edit: theres another trick that still works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq0DbANdq4&feature=relmfu

-Some major slowdown on Gaspar and some places in the final level (actual slowdown, not frame skips).

-The final boss music didn't work for me, but I've seen it work in videos.

My meters don't stay on screen???

Your TV might have overscan covering it, it's only a small slice of it that stays on screen.

Overall I'm satisifed by the port so far, but some things could be better. It really looks fantastic in HD, and they've reworked some of the textures; there's almost no pixelation. It's very clear and sharp.

Goldrusher

wtf Amazon UK ?!

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy: Classics HD (PS3)"
Estimated arrival date: July 17 2012 - August 01 2012

Some thoughts:

-The bolt glitch on the Rilgar racetrack doesn't work. This was already fixed on some versions of the PS2 release anyway. Good luck with the 1,000,000 bolt trophy!

-You get a few hundred thousand bolts per playthrough, and you will need to spend most of that on the first 2 playthroughs on weapons and upgrades to get the other trophies :p.

Well shit.

Footos22

Finished the first game (about 15 hours). Still got a lot of stuff to do for Platinum.

Some thoughts:

-You get a few hundred thousand bolts per playthrough, and you will need to spend most of that on the first 2 playthroughs on weapons and upgrades to get the other trophies :p

edit: theres another trick that still works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq0DbANdq4&feature=relmfu

-Some major slowdown on Gaspar and some places in the final level (actual slowdown, not frame skips).

-The final boss music didn't work for me, but I've seen it work in videos.

Your TV might have overscan covering it, it's only a small slice of it that stays on screen.

Overall I'm satisifed by the port so far, but some things could be better. It really looks fantastic in HD, and they've reworked some of the textures; there's almost no pixelation. It's very clear and sharp.

Nope no overscan on my telly i turned that off the day i got my tv. No meter on screen at all.

Carl

Still waiting for the post here....won't be pleased if it doesn't turn up, especially since some of the £21 orders have arrived.

I'm not too pleased. If i had known it wouldn't turn up, i would have been prepared to pay the extra £7 for it to turn up on time

I'm not too pleased. If i had known it wouldn't turn up, i would have been prepared to pay the extra £7 for it to turn up on time

The only thing that is stopping me from being very annoyed if it doesn't turn up is that I have no intentions of playing it for a while.

Toppot

Add me to the ASDA people that haven't got their copy yet today =/ on the site my order still says On Backorder.

Downloading it off PSN just now. I'm surprised that downloading it is cheaper than buying the disc. Normally when I look at PSN prices they are a rip off. £24 is not too bad!

Zoibie

Mine's not here from Asda either, and not even a hint as to when it would be despatched. I guess they got more orders for the £15 deal than they thought they would.

jamie2497

Neo Member
Phoned Asda, apparently theres a message from head office about some sort of delay and that they are aiming to get all orders to us by next friday. They've also been authorised to give out a £5 e voucher so anyone who hasn't yet give them a ring.

kiyomi

No word from ASDA on my half-price copy either :(

Would be really weird if they used a courier and it arrived in the last two hours before evening.

Not too troubled by it though, if it arrives next week then it's cool, I saved money buying it that way and it's not like I don't have other stuff to play.

Still, I want to play R&C for the first time..

iratA

I'm just so impressed with how sharp this remaster is. All things considered its probably the best looking PS2 - PS3 upscales I've seen. The art designs chosen by IG back in the day have translated to modern day really nicely. Just a great looking set of games. Where its let down a little graphics wise is; in close ups of character models such as cutscenes(they just don't hold up well by todays standards), slightly blurry text in menus, and a pretty ordinary looking title/main menu screen (where you select which of the three games you want to play). Again this is picking, because from minute-to-minute its a very beautiful remaster and looks a treat compared to the 6 other HD re-releases I have.

fokkusu

Bought from PSN, can't wait to play! Extra slow download speed as usual.

Finally get to play these because I bought PS2 copies but those didn't work so good with the BC PS3 / PCSX2.

Koralsky

Bought the game. I love PS3 titles (without the last) and I never played original PS2 games.

Should I start with the first one?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Why the crap is this coming out months later here? There isn't anything good to play on ps3 now.

various reasons (having a BRD Sku of Q-Force/FFA in Europe being one --- needed to space those out over here [in Italy right now]). hoping a certain bonus will get done (and in time) to include with it, hence the delay in announcing the date as we want it all hand-in-hand. it will be out later this summer though in US

SykoTech

Bought the game. I love PS3 titles (without the last) and I never played original PS2 games.

Should I start with the first one?

I'd say yes. It lacks things the sequel has like proper strafing or leveling weapons, but it's still a great game. It's the best to start with if you're planning on playing all the PS2 games back to back.

Bought this off the PSN store for £23.99, which is pretty good considering that it was £29.99 in Game. Only played the first game so far, but it looks really crisp and moves silkily in 1080p; it sort of throws the less refined aspects of the package into stark contrast, the upscaled font and menus look ugly, and, damn, the vendor interface looks completely borked with how the vendor guy and weapons look, not to mention the ugly fonts.

the 3D is ok, but much like the Jak and Daxter games it's somewhat inessential. I prefer playing at 60fps rather than trade off against the 30fps that the somewhat unspectacular 3D offers. It's also really odd to hear someone doing the Ratchet voice after all this time of using the same actor after the first game.

Toppot

Phoned Asda, apparently theres a message from head office about some sort of delay and that they are aiming to get all orders to us by next friday. They've also been authorised to give out a £5 e voucher so anyone who hasn't yet give them a ring.
Thanks for the advice. They said the same to me, there's been a delay, will get to me by Friday 6th July and I have received a £5 e-voucher.

Not happy about the delay since I've had it preordered for months but I'm one of the lucky people that got it for £13.49 so I can't grumble too much, got plenty of other games to keep me busy.

Carl

I'd ring them for the voucher, but i won't order any games from them ever again, so it would make no difference :p

TripOpt55

Doesn't glitching kind of defeat the purpose of getting a trophy? I've never understood this. Say you didn't get the bolt trophy. Then you'd have all of them but the bolt trophy because you didn't feel like grinding for that big a total. Anyone who looked at your trophies will probably think the same right?

The problem with trophies such as that is that there is little to no skill involved. It's a time sink, and if there's a glitch that reduces the amount of time you have to spend to get the trophy, then I'm ok with that. It just feels so arbitrary to decide that you need X amount of bolts to earn the trophy.

NBtoaster

First game is almost done..only need the RYNO and the million bolts for the Platinum. Thus begins the grind...I'll try to refrain from glitching!

Some of the skill points were actually challenging, and the secret areas/gold bolts seem bigger/better than the newer games. Some still stumped me in spite of getting them all before on PS2.

Doesn't glitching kind of defeat the purpose of getting a trophy? I've never understood this. Say you didn't get the bolt trophy. Then you'd have all of them but the bolt trophy because you didn't feel like grinding for that big a total. Anyone who looked at your trophies will probably think the same right?

You'd be suprised at what people would do for a platinum.

Himself

These people are addicts who longer enjoy playing video games.

Harlowlad

Just got my £5 e-voucher so thanks for that !

Koralsky

I'd say yes. It lacks things the sequel has like proper strafing or leveling weapons, but it's still a great game. It's the best to start with if you're planning on playing all the PS2 games back to back.

Thanks, I've already spend a couple of hours with the first r&C. The game visuals are hold very well and the gameplay it's good enough for me. Also, from what I know, 2 and 3 are far better games.

Footos22

Jstevenson. Get that bolt collector trophy patched! playing a game 10x or glitching is not fun. Do you really want people to hate insomniac. Because I think it will happen. I just tried glitching it. Daughter moved analogue stick and now the boxes are forever gone. So *@"! It.

V_Ben

Banned
I had forgotten just how entertaining the first game is, looking forward to the next 2 even more now. Crikey.

Top Bottom