• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Forkball

B92BmWNIgAAkAZv.jpg

Seiniyta

Better than Tropical Freeze?

Nonononononononononono.

Granted, I haven't played Legends, but the vibe I've gotten is that Origins is the better game of the two.

I like Legends more because it doesn't have the annoying music every time you grab a pink lum. Also, Legends has a crazy amount of origin levels in there for good meassure.

Both games are really superb 2D platformers. But honestly, it's not even worth comparing them to mario or Donkey kong. All three play very differently despite the same genre. It's comparing apples with oranges imo.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The thing that excites me about this is that I could see Nintendo buying Rayman, I always wished that would happen. Ubisoft isn't doing much with him, and Rayman Legends is one of the best Wii U games, plus imo the Wii U version is the best one as I love the clever Murphy levels.

Even Rayman agrees:

rayman-legends-mario-luigi-outfits-skins3.png

Piers

So..... It's real?

Well then.. I'm Actually Excited to see Rayman In this Yay!!!

We've had elaborate hoaxes such as the Old Lady 'easter egg' in Modern Warfare 2. It's not hard to believe that someone could simply record a composited video off a TV with Potato Cam™
Plus, Sakurai's final Miiverse post mentioned that the staff "promised to create Mewtwo as a playable character" — suggesting that the DLC's only agenda is to squeeze him out post-release.
No fun. Pessimism only.

The thing that excites me about this is that I could see Nintendo buying Rayman, I always wished that would happen. Ubisoft isn't doing much with him, and Rayman Legends is one of the best Wii U games, plus imo the Wii U version is the best one, I love the Murphy levels.

Yeah I thought it was weird at first when Nintendo bought Metal Gear but it's turned out ok.

I'm just going to throw out two salient points that I think a lot of people are forgetting:

• Rayman Origins and Legends are both by far better than any 2D platformer Nintendo has released in the last 10 years.
  • Fucking Mega Man got in.

good one. hahahahahaahaha

also MM >>>>>> Rayman

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The thing that excites me about this is that I could see Nintendo buying Rayman, I always wished that would happen. Ubisoft isn't doing much with him, and Rayman Legends is one of the best Wii U games, plus imo the Wii U version is the best one as I love the clever Murphy levels.

Even Rayman agrees:

I'd love it if Nintendo bought Rayman. Would mean games on a more regular basis. They should buy Sonic too.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The employee literally showed the material to a random guy in the plane

Yeah, it probably went like this.

Ubisoft employer: Pss, pss, ehi, g'man!
Leaker: Mmh? What's up, dude? I was sleepin' here
U: You promise you won't tell this to anyone? I just need to tell to someone, anyone
L: What, exactly?
U: Nothing earth-shattering, don't worry, but it's cool. You wanna see it? Highly confidential, no one knows it. Wanna be one of the few who knows that now?
L: Sounds exciting. Let's go
U: *fires up the video* The brand new, next-gen only, Assassin's Creed! Look at how good it looks, at how smoothly the game runs. So ambitious, so amazing. Reinassance Paris is beautiful, man!
L: *blatantly hiding his Super Mario cap and lying* Not a great fan of videogames but...woah
U: This is yet-to-be-announced, we'll do it soon enough. You're one of the first ones to know about it, outside our company, Ubisoft. Don't tell anyone, ok^
L: *even more blatantly lying* Of course I won't do that

U comes home, fires up the PC, reads all the news about the leak

U: WHAT THE- *cries* WHYYYYYYYYYY!!! I thought that only on the Internet people would lie. They do that even in REAL LIFE?!?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH, SUCH A CRUEL WORLD.

So Ubisoft pretty much dumps developing on the WiiU because they couldn't sell enough games... but then approaches Nintendo to have a rep in Smash Bros?

edit- also that video... I mean you take a video of only the select screen without actually showing the character in game? It's FAKE

MrBadger

Even Rayman agrees:

I can't see that happening. Besides, Ubi's Rayman games are still good. Nintendo has other callings, like their own franchises. And Sonic maybe. But I don't see that happening either

Majukun

The model used points me toward the whole thing being fake, those eyebrows are kinda off... But i thought the same at the duck hunt leak so...

Top Bottom