• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Leaked Wii-U Trailer

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
hnngrghnhrgggh Origins is $20 now and I'm losing my resolve to wait for the Vita version (waiting till I buy a Vita, that is).

Quick, someone convince me the Vita version is bad.

Its framerate is slightly unstable and it has no multiplayer, whereas console versions have multiplayer. Content-wise it's the worst version.

Back to the Future is the best trilogy of anything, anywhere, ever.

frodo.jpg

LukeSkywalkerNooooo.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So since this is a leaked E3 trailer,this mean Nintendo didn't changed anything at all on the Wii U controller design ( I was just hoping for better/real triggers) and they are going with Wii U so the "Wii Entertainment System" rumor is false too.

So since this is a leaked E3 trailer,this mean Nintendo didn't changed anything at all on the Wii U controller design ( I was just hoping for better/real triggers) and they are going with Wii U so the "Wii Entertainment System" rumor is false too.

It's not a leaked E3 trailer. They wouldn't show a dev kit controller if it was for E3.

And Wii ES "rumor" was created by someone on GAF.

Who thought Wii Entertainment System would be a better idea!?

I don't think this is better than what 360/PS3 can do it. It will probably look the same on all platforms.

If anything that's more to do with Ubisoft's desire to have it on all platforms rather than a hint of the WiiU's power.

a frighteningly large contingent of people, believe it or not.

My god. What morons.

The "Wii U" sounds too similar, but "Wii Entertainment System" is far less ambiguous. Right.

Medalion

Banned
If anything that's more to do with Ubisoft's desire to have it on all platforms rather than a hint of the WiiU's power.

My god. What morons.

The "Wii U" sounds too similar, but "Wii Entertainment System" is far less ambiguous. Right.
The reason for the name is partly because we are 99.99999999% certain Nintendo insists on keeping the Wii name somewhere in the sequel

StuBurns

Banned
The Three Colors is the best film trilogy gentlemen.

The idea this is intended for internal viewings is surprising to me, cool too. I'd love to see more internal-only stuff, the LMNO team remade the jeep crash scene from Uncharted 1 in multiple game engines to see which they preferred. There must be so much interesting content we were never meant to see. In this case, I imagine they planned for the reveal trailer to be similar to this one though.

Terrell

Here's a refresher of what an Ubisoft E3 trailer looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWNt0eiMygQ

I remember loving that trailer because it meant I didn't have to wear a headset for online voice chat on a console. Finally.

Considering that we didn't see the triggers being USED, I think it's a bit premature to say whether they've been changed from digital to analog.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I've skimmed much of the thread, and I'm surprised to see no one's talking about this mysterious, black, IR camera-looking thingy on the controllers.

1335521890Wii%20U2.jpg

GameXplain's got a speculative article about it here. Not sure what to make of it myself, though I suppose it could just be some electrical tape, or a sticker or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
See, I told you there's a need to update the thread title, otherwise we'll have posts like this.

BY2K

Membero Americo

The WES rumour was a fake made by a GAFer. He got perma'd for it.

trinest

So this game is on my top list for Wii U at this stage. Does that say much about the Wii U's quality of announced titles or in fact the quality of the original Rayman Origins game? (also all the games I'm hyped for so far on the Wii U are Ubisoft games. Wii U = Wii Ubisoft?)

As for Wii U names I'd rather something more like Nintendo Entertainment System U or something. NESU sounds awesome.

Yeah, HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE?!

Neither have I.

I too wouldn't never have seen them if it wasn't for one of my friends back in the day been seriously into them.

Also 1 = 3 > 2. (I also hate the series eww).

Pinzer

Unconfirmed Member
This was mentioned earlier but I couldn't respond at the time. The Vita version of Origins is not substantially inferior to the other versions. The framerate hit is not significant and is very infrequent. While the multiplayer aspect is missing, the ability to play it on-the-go is perfect for this type of game. Additionally, there are collectables on most levels that are unique to the Vita version and are gathered through touch controls.

I really like the Ubisoft has distributed this game on virtually every platform.

Top Bottom