• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Wii U to be the most expensive version?

majik13

is it not because wii u version will have more content, mainly the touch screen gameplay and levels. The vita version is also more expensive and has a touch screen.

Not to say that I agree with the hike.

That is insane...

Even if the Wii-U version is superior and worth it..

Most parents will just buy the cheaper version. >.>

Good thing I'm not most parents.

JDSN

Banned
Well, this one kinda has a chance to outsell the other versions, so they gotta level the playfield.

Seriously, maybe its only for that place?

From exclusive to being the most expensive version. Who the hell is gonna buy it at that price when they can get it cheaper on the other consoles.

evangd007

If you're gonna pull that kind of shit why didn't you just release it in February? Then when you release it for the other guys in October the Wii U version would have already been discounted.

#stupidpublishers

Economies of scale.

They're gonna sell way more of the 360/PS3 versions, so they should be cheaper since average production cost should be lower.

Delay the game from original launch window just to port it to other platforms, price at almost double the price of almost identical products, cite bad sales as a reason to drop support for the console. Terrible move if true, Legends was/is going to bomb regardless, so I don't see why they wouldn't price it competitively on all platforms to begin with.

Into

what.gif

What? Why are they different at all, should they not be the same price bar maybe the handheld version?

Amir0x

Banned
ok now this is seriously fucked up holy damn lol

have some goddamn self-respect, devs/pubs. Goddamn. And these clowns wonder why the industry has so many closures. Sorry I mean BLAME THE CONSUMERS!

Certinty

Also why the hell is the Vita version more expensive than the PS3 and 360? What the hell, portable games are usually cheaper?!

antonz

Economies of scale.

They're gonna sell way more of the 360/PS3 versions, so they should be cheaper since average production cost should be lower.

That is a pretty big assumption considering the first game was bomba until they reduced it to like 10 bucks

Oersted

There are no fixed prices in European retailer market. You will get it cheaper. Ubistore means jackshit in that regard.

Maybe it just takes more effort to develop on the Wii U? Gotta work in those gamepad premium features that other consoles don't have.

SilentFlyer

it seems third parties are deliberately trying to screw WiiU. It shouldn't be this expensive despite knowing it was exclusive and may be more resources being used for WiiU version before going multiplatform.

PetrCobra

That is a pretty big assumption considering the first game was bomba until they reduced it to like 10 bucks

I hope that you just take the recent games as a new series and don't really think Origins was the first Rayman game...

Anyway, WTF Ubisoft, I hope those prices are not real

Wii U is next gen.
lol

Therefore game costs have to reflect that.
LOL

You wouldn't want to play the undoubtably inferior LAST gen/handheld versions, would you?
LOOOOOOOOOL

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
£34 on Amazon while the PS3 version is £39! Lets not look for other enraged WiiU owner reasons.

Calamari41

41 > 38
If true and not a mistake, this is pretty fucked. I was on the fence but planning on buying all of Ubi's games this year to show support, but fuck this shit now. I'll buy this shit used next year.

-Horizon-

So they delayed the Wii U version so that they can make it multiplatform and release it in a month with other big releases.
Now the Wii U version is the more expensive one.

Ubisoft, what are you doing?

Acerac

Banned
Good lord I'm glad I didn't have any hype for this game. It would have been annoying as hell instead of utterly hilarious.

Now I'm not saying devs are trying to kill off the WiiU... but if they were trying to make sure it failed they'd sure be taking the right steps.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So they delayed the Wii U version so that they can make it multiplatform and release it in a month with other big releases.
Now the Wii U version is the more expensive one.

Ubisoft, what are you doing?

They are supporting Nintendo and the WiiU platform.

Top Bottom