• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE7 Not a Hero Gameplay Trailer

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Fairly standard RE fare

The US government repurposed Umbrella's assets into a new Umbrella with a blue logo to signify their departure from creating bioweapons, and instead fighting against them/containing outbreaks. They ask the BSAA to send Chris to lead one of their ground teams, to prove that they are really not evil and shit.
I like how something so stupid is standard RE. Like imagine the board meeting for this scenario.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Can we stop this "It's not Chris" bullshit now?

]Breathing a sigh of relief, Chris Redfield leaned forward and watched from the helicopter in the sky, the body glistening with a “blue Umbrella logo.” He was staring at Ethan who’d successfully “lived”, as if reflecting his own younger days. July 1998. If that damned “Mansion Incident” hadn’t occurred, what would my life be like now? Would I still be with Alpha Team of Raccoon City’s specialized division S.T.A.R.S., perhaps earnestly protecting Raccoon City day and night? Perhaps there would’ve been a future where I died when seriously injured in the Republic of Edonia… Or worse, might I have lived the life of an amnesiac alcoholic if I hadn’t met the late Piers? He was possessed by sentiment in a silence lasting only a few seconds. Only someone involved could understand the pain and sorrow. He cut off such sentiments and accomplished his mission again. In his hands is his steel buddy, the “Samurai Edge”…

Straight from an official booklet.

Edit. Added spoiler tag

That new enemy just looks like an even bigger bloater.

Game play looks all right. Mine Setting is pretty boring and not a big fan of more of Lucas' "Wanna play a game" bullshit.

mine setting is terribly boring, actually :) ...

were this not free, i'm not so sure i'd even be interested. & i love re7!...

Fairly standard RE fare

The US government repurposed Umbrella's assets into a new Umbrella with a blue logo to signify their departure from creating bioweapons, and instead fighting against them/containing outbreaks. They ask the BSAA to send Chris to lead one of their ground teams, to prove that they are really not evil and shit.

That isn't that bad.

And hey, maybe there's still corruption or something. Who knows.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
.....He's literally storming the molded infested area of RE7 immediately after the events of the game. Why is anybody surprised that the enemies are molded? Why would you even think it would be something else? That wouldn't even make sense. It's like having a new RE game take place during the Raccoon City outbreak and being disappointed that there are zombies.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
For those of you confused about why his running speed is so slow I will help illustrate it for you. Remember the running speed of Resident Evil 1? Now, place the camera in Chris' eyes. There you go. It's the exact same running speed. They used the same running speed in RE4 too, but I guess the camera being third person didn't make it seem as sluggish. It's the one consistent thing throughout the series.

For those of you confused about why his running speed is so slow I will help illustrate it for you. Remember the running speed of Resident Evil 1? Now, place the camera in Chris' eyes. There you go. It's the exact same running speed. They used the same running speed in RE4 too, but I guess the camera being third person didn't make it seem as sluggish. It's the one consistent thing throughout the series.

I wanted to say this was wrong but you may be correct

IbkW6H.gif

A third person mod (don't mind the headless Ethan)

That is a pretty similar speed. Well I learned something today

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to say this was wrong but you may be correct

IbkW6H.gif

A third person mod (don't mind the headless Ethan)

That is a pretty similar speed. Well I learned something today

That's not the best gif to showcase it but it's true, even in RE4 it's damn near the same running animation as REmake. It's just that the camera is now behind his back which can fool people into thinking it's vastly different. The real difference lies in the contextual animations. They are way better than REmake's.

That isn't that bad.

And hey, maybe there's still corruption or something. Who knows.

Chris doesn't trust this new team supposedly, so hopefully they delve into that a bit. Then again, maybe not as RE7 dropped the ball in exploring any depth or what was occurring behind the scenes with its characters for the most part.

.....He's literally storming the molded infested area of RE7 immediately after the events of the game. Why is anybody surprised that the enemies are molded? Why would you even think it would be something else? That wouldn't even make sense. It's like having a new RE game take place during the Raccoon City outbreak and being disappointed that there are zombies.

I actually like the look of the molded, but it's disappointing that both in RE7 and here that the enemy variety is abysmal. They are in the bayou,and can't come up with an excuse to use alligators, snakes, spiders (actual enemies), or anything else? Where's the creativity in the form and function?

The fat molded may be new to Chris and the team (not in the dossiers or encountered in the initial sweep), but it'll be a bit of a slap in the face if that turns out to be the new enemy.

That's not the best gif to showcase it but it's true, even in RE4 it's damn near the same running animation as REmake. It's just that the camera is now behind his back which can fool people into thinking it's vastly different. The real difference lies in the contextual animations. They are way better than REmake's.

I know it was really hard to find a plain running gif of RE4

And yeah REmake's backflip was kinda trash
:p

Unai

I'm ok with the molded enemies, but this is a poor excuse. Chris is not a real person doing real things. If the devs wanted they could easily put him a non explored area in that region so new enemies wouldn't be weird.

That looked horrible. The shooter gameplay just isn't captivating enough in re7 to support that style of play. I loved the game but nothing about this actiony add-on is grabbing me

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I'm ok with the molded enemies, but this is a poor excuse. Chris is not a real person doing real things. If the devs wanted they could easily put him a non explored area in that region so new enemies wouldn't be weird.

Well, yeah. New varieties of molded would be cool. Like mutated alligators and snakes or something like someone above said would work great. The whole basis of the RE7 outbreak is the mold though. There's no basis for anything like, a Tyrant or any other monsters that come from other sources.

MechaX

Fairly standard RE fare

But... isn't Neo Umbrella still a thing?

JayEH

We have a game series with companies called Umbrella, Neo Umbrella, and New Umbrella. This is amazing.

rtcn63

I know, right? Doom and Wolfenstein are two of the best single player shooters of this gen.

Both have lacking sound design, and Doom becomes pretty boring once you realize that the only enemies worth worrying about are the imps (since they're both mobile and throw projectiles). After a certain point, all I was doing was standing in front of enemies and not giving a shit (second from the hardest difficulty). Fighting wave after wave every 30 seconds near the end was just... not good. The pacing and the progression of the campaign is not good.

Doom was an interesting, if seemingly unfinished game that I personally believe got as much praise as it did because it was called Doom.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Both have lacking sound design, and Doom becomes pretty boring once you realize that the only enemies worth worrying about are the imps (since they're both mobile and throw projectiles). After a certain point, all I was doing was standing in front of enemies and not giving a shit (second from the hardest difficulty). Fighting wave after wave every 30 seconds near the end was just... not good. The pacing and the progression of the campaign is not good.

I cannot disagree harder, with all of this. Easily the best FPS campaign ever. And the guns were damn perfect.

Grisby

Might not be too bad for being free. Run speed looks all sorts of weird though and the mines area? Eehhhhhhhh.

Maybe you'll move to other places though.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
We have a game series with companies called Umbrella, Neo Umbrella, and New Umbrella. This is amazing.

Don't forget there's also A.I.M.brella in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Lunafreya

It’s actually just two Umbrellas and one of them was a crappy terrorist organization, not a corporation. “New” Umbrella is the old Umbrella reconstructed with new management and is purposed to combat the legacy its original founders started aka Biohazard virus researches.

They're reusing the absolute worst area in the game. I guess since it's generic enough to cut n paste into a new-ish level. =/

Oh well, free and in VR. Prob be fun.

It looks like a water-down version of RE5 in first person view?

Why capcom?

They should have sticked with horror not action, I mean the whole time you got an operator talking to you, it just takes away the horror factor.

That one scene where the big zombie is attacking you looks janky and frustrating.

Ugh, I just... no.

They're reusing the absolute worst area in the game. I guess since it's generic enough to cut n paste into a new-ish level. =/

Oh well, free and in VR. Prob be fun.
Maybe they took the 11 months to expand on it and make the area better. 🤔

It looks like a water-down version of RE5 in first person view?

Why capcom?

They should have sticked with horror not action, I mean the whole time you got an operator talking to you, it just takes away the horror factor.

That one scene where the big zombie is attacking you looks janky and frustrating.

Ugh, I just... no.
This was always meant to be action oriented. The Zoe dlc is where you'll find your horror.

Top Bottom