• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready @ Dawn: "Graphic fidelity of The Order 1886 definitely exceeds the trailer"

Amauri14

None of that seems to be remotely the case though, from everything we've seen, heard and read thus far. Quite the contrary in-fact. The lore, characters, weapons, setting etc, everything looks super enticing and well executed. Even their damn names and outfits for heaven's sake. And this…

The_Order_1886_Concept_Art_01.jpg

1378194_753076391385025_1226198963_n.jpg

the_order_b.jpg

104549_610-cropped_thumb.jpg

As a semi-Londoner myself (home away from home), this just calls out to me.
Wow, that's a fantastic concept art.

ButchCat

Graphics this and graphics that, we focus too much on graphics while ignoring the things that matter, look how awesome KZ:SF turned out to be.

delta25

Banned
Holy fuck I'm drowning in the pessimism from this thread. The game is going to be amazing. AMAZING!!!!

edit:

Fucking beautiful
image_the_order_1886-23530-2752_0007.jpg

am I the only one who wasn't super impressed with the trailer?

the animation/models looked so janky/unnatural - of course they'd be better by now

Deadbeat

Banned
I havent been following this game at all, but if it played like a new Dead Space id be in. That said, what is the game going to be like?

Jigolo

Read some of the other tweets he replied to. Some guy was impressed with what they accomplished on PSP graphically with the GOW games. Having only played the remastered HD ps3 version, can anyone comment on how impressive the graphics really were relative to other PSP games? (Never owned a PSP)

Amir0x

Banned
It looks unbelievable.

What I am really impressed with from this obviously early build is that the cloth the character wears folds realistically at her feet instead of clipping through the ground, and that there seems to be a rather substantial level of destruction.

Read some of the other tweets he replied to. Some guy was impressed with what they accomplished on PSP graphically with the GOW games. Having only played the remastered HD ps3 version, can anyone comment on how impressive the graphics really were relative to other PSP games? (Never owned a PSP)
Ghost of Sparta was arguably the best looking game on the PSP.

CR0

Neo Member
I wonder how she got those scars on her neck.

Thanks for spoiling that for me with your attention to detail.

she's obviously been scratched by a werewolf who ate her parents when she was a child and had to join The Order to seek vengeance

I havent been following this game at all, but if it played like a new Dead Space id be in. That said, what is the game going to be like?
Think The Last of Us mixed with Gears of War with crazy levels of destruction and physics in the world with crazy ass unique weapons+hub areas, lots of NPCs in town areas, and sections of investigating crime scenes.

Amir0x

Banned
Ghost of Sparta was arguably the best looking game on the PSP.

probably only Kingdom Hearts is close... and that other Square PSP game, starring Zack *ugh*

RIdge Racer still looks pretty rad though sans the dithering and of course Gran Turismo looks pretty swell for a PSP game, despite being a content deprived rehash mess.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
One of the main things I expect/look forward to from Ready @ Dawn with this game are the little details and simulations. Seems a like a decent amount of development time is being spent on those which makes me happy. Can anyone who has seen recent gameplay footage of the game confirm this please?

One of the main things I expect/look forward to from Ready @ Dawn with this game are the little details and simulations. Seems a like a decent amount of development time is being spent on those which makes me happy. Can anyone who has seen recent gameplay footage of the game confirm this please?
"Details and simulations"? Well, it sounds like you're wondering about physics in the world or something to that effect. You can read more here. Some details from the GI issue:

• Everything in the world is rendered with soft body physics
  • Metal beams react for example to magnetic forces, bending and shifting in real time
  • Incredible attention to detail: Lens flare catches light as you rotate the camera, oil lamps flash independently in an underground scene, light bouncing off every object provides uncanny realism, insane attention to material detail like wood, leather and cloth.
  • Clouds and particles of dust float around lamp flames, subtely settling down on the camera lens

What I am really impressed with from this obviously early build is that the cloth the character wears folds realistically at her feet instead of clipping through the ground, and that there seems to be a rather substantial level of destruction.

Think The Last of Us mixed with Gears of War with crazy levels of destruction and physics in the world with crazy ass unique weapons+hub areas, lots of NPCs in town areas, and sections of investigating crime scenes.

Does the Game Informer article talk about the destructibility? Because this is the first time I'm reading about this. Is it like Red Faction?

Amir0x

Banned
Does the Game Informer article talk about the destructibility? Because this is the first time I'm reading about this. Is it like Red Faction?

A bit, but I don't think it's quite like Red Faction in that you probably can't go as "deep" with the destruction. However, I do believe what destruction and physics calculations that are going on for said destruction is significantly more complex and accurate looking than Red Faction. I am sure someone can provide a better list of the destruction available, but it sounded quite fascinating.

Top Bottom