• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready @ Dawn: "Graphic fidelity of The Order 1886 definitely exceeds the trailer"

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
[...]
As a semi-Londoner myself (home away from home), this just calls out to me.
Well, there are lots of bad games with great concept art. Not that this game will be bad, but the quality of concept art and the final game has only the loosest correlation, if any.

nib95

Banned
Well, there are lots of bad games with great concept art. Not that this game will be bad, but the quality of concept art and the final game has only the loosest correlation, if any.

Depends on the developer. Some get closer than others.

uncharted-2_01.jpg

uncharted_2.jpg

What is there to indicate that the world, lore or characters are dull? From what we've seen, it seems to be quite the opposite. Now if people don't like linear 3rd party shooters then perhaps they should approach this cautiously but seriously how can every game that is 3rd person and provide some sort of cover based mechanic get called out to be generic (ahhhh) just because of this? See Quantum Break thread... it's just... I don't know

we've seen far too little. a 2-min trailer and some featurette from gameinformer than didn't show the game. any game can look interesting in those circumstances. watch_dogs, remember me, a lot of games were "interesting" when they were first teased/shown. we need much more info, and we have none.

None of that seems to be remotely the case though, from everything we've seen, heard and read thus far. Quite the contrary in-fact. The lore, characters, weapons, setting etc, everything looks super enticing and well executed. Even their damn names and outfits for heaven's sake. And this…

again, we've seen far too little. everything can sound good on paper, and look good on concept art.

then again, this is my most anticipated ps4 game. okay, it's under uncharted but i'm more excited about rad's game than infamous.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
None of that seems to be remotely the case though, from everything we've seen, heard and read thus far. Quite the contrary in-fact. The lore, characters, weapons, setting etc, everything looks super enticing and well executed. Even their damn names and outfits for heaven's sake. And this…

The_Order_1886_Concept_Art_01.jpg

1378194_753076391385025_1226198963_n.jpg

the_order_b.jpg

104549_610-cropped_thumb.jpg

Except that the first looks like Paris and the third looks like New York.

I really don't think they've nailed London in this art, unfortunately.

I want this image to be representative of the actual game playing experience, and not just some ambitious piece of concept art. Wandering around in an environment like that, with all the hustle and bustle that comes with it, would be a dream.

I just don't want it all to be shooting at lycanthropes in empty streets.

RyudBoy

This is not a troll post and it's very cool if they can get the graphics to look even better than the trailer (which blew me the fuck away), but I already know that the black bars are gonna annoy the shit out of me. It'll be viewed as a disappointment no matter what the reason is given for it being there. I hope that it's only 1920x800 for the cinematics and not the actual gameplay.

Besides that, If the game turns out to be good then it might just be the reason for me to get a PS4 now rather than later (waiting for Uncharted). It has that system selling potential like Bioshock did for me with XBOX 360.

Very hyped, indeed.

TyrantII

They are working with the Sony ICE team and Sonys best of best studios. There's no question the game is going to be graphically amazing.

The question is will it be a Ryse.

I hope if the reports are true of this PS February event deal happening that one of the first things they plan for it is to show us the gameplay for this game.

Its long overdue for a preview.

This is not a troll post and it's very cool if they can get the graphics to look even better than the trailer (which blew me the fuck away), but I already know that the black bars are gonna annoy the shit out of me. It'll be viewed as a disappointment no matter what the reason is given for it being there. I hope that it's only 1920x800 for the cinematics and not the actual gameplay.

Besides that, If the game turns out to be good then it might just be the reason for me to get a PS4 now rather than later (waiting for Uncharted). It has that system selling potential like Bioshock did for me with XBOX 360.

Very hyped, indeed.

The bold is exactly how I feel. It has that first time wonder that Bio1 did for me and if it can live up to what theyve showed and told us so far ill be an incredibly happy man.

the reveal trailer for The Order was honestly the best trailer this year. Dat music, dat dialogue, dat graphics, everything!

jaded_up_

Banned
This is going to be my first Sony console so I don't these things; what has this team done in the past, what's their track record?

Daxter PlayStation Portable 85/100 (metacritic)
God of War: Chains of Olympus PlayStation Portable 91/100
Ōkami Wii 90/100
God of War: Ghost of Sparta PlayStation Portable 86/100
God of War: Origins Collection PlayStation 3 84/100

burgerdog

Still nothing on frame rate. If they're cutting part of the screen with black bars theeast you can do is have 60 fps. This pissed me off so much in Dragons Dogma that they cut the picture and had poor frame rate.

DD couldn't even keep a solid framerate with the lower res, shit was cray. Yep.

I hope if the reports are true of this PS February event deal happening that one of the first things they plan for it is to show us the gameplay for this game.

Which reports are those? Are they having another Playstation event this coming February?

If so I'd say that pretty much guarantees we won't see anything on games like The Order and Uncharted for at least another 2 months.

Can someone enlighten me on what "graphic fidelity" exactly means? I've seen it thrown around many times but can't wrap my head around the precise meaning of it.

Graphical QUALITY. That's really all it means. CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME. To think about how many exclusives are coming next year for Playstation..... :O

nib95

Banned

Nah, looks pretty accurate to me. It's not supposed to be exacting, it's supposed to be Sherlock Holmes era esque, only slightly Steam Punk or with just a touch of modernism infused.

Top one absolutely looks like an olden day Oxford Circus style setting, bottom one Westminster, St Pauls etc, only if they'd had more modern technology and advancements available to them at the time than they did in real life. They just need a more layered and developed version of this.

RyuHei

Didn't one of RAD guy said the Order 1886 is using a forward renderer with proper msaa? (4x maybe?) Would love to see their tech.

Chumpion

If you want to know the equivalent number of peas being rendered - it's 929p. That's how many there are when the number of pixels is converted to 16:9.

Even waiting until late Feb. is kind of absurd. Game was revealed at E3 and shown behind close doors with the press bragging about it. We get a few pics and info from Gameinformer with them bragging about seeing footage and claiming it's the most next-gen thing ever. We were supposedly going to get footage at VGX but somehow footage wasn't ready.... Now they are cock teasing about the game looking better than the reveal and the only glimmer of hope we have of seeing the first gameplay footage is late Feb at Destination Playstation.

That will have been 8 and a half months since it's reveal. Really sick of these trends. Stop announcing games you have no intention of showing to the public so damn early.

Jtrizzy

hyped for the game, I like the setting. I don't think I'll mind the black bars since I'm on a big screen and sit pretty close, but 30 fps and black bars isn't very impressive. This shit better be like Mario 3d world where the frame rate never drops below 60, or in this case 30.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Nah, looks pretty accurate to me. It's not supposed to be exacting, it's supposed to be Sherlock Holmes era esque, only slightly Steam Punk or with just a touch of modernism infused.

Top one absolutely looks like an olden day Oxford Circus style setting, bottom one Westminster, St Pauls etc, only if they'd had more modern technology and advancements available to them at the time than they did in real life. They just need a more layered and developed version of this.

Even not exact, the art should still be evocative of the setting. I don't really get that from a lot of this. The first shot screams 'Parisian' to me (although this is possibly just because London is very changed), but the overhead rail lines and street signs of the third are conspicuously American (New York or Chicago) looking. London is also famously low-rise; so the skyscrapers are hugely out of place.

If I didn't know this game was set in London, I wouldn't guess it from some of this art. One of them has St Pauls in; that's a bit of a cheat. The docklands one is cool though.

Alternate history with different technology. So for example the whole theme seems to be about some vampire/werewolves, which is why the trains are built above ground instead of the London Underground

jaded_up_

Banned
Even not exact, the art should still be evocative of the setting. I don't really get that from a lot of this. The first shot screams 'Parisian' to me (although this is possibly just because London is very changed), but the overhead rail lines and street signs of the third are conspicuously American (New York or Chicago) looking. London is also famously low-rise; so the skyscrapers are hugely out of place.

If I didn't know this game was set in London, I wouldn't guess it from some of this art. One of them has St Pauls in; that's a bit of a cheat. The docklands one is cool though.

Your interchange of Victorian London and Modern London as the one and the same is troubling. We have advanced in the last 200 years, you know.

Top Bottom