• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel FM - 09/25/09 - DJ Hero, Dead Space: Extraction, ODST

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've been enjoying their Half-Life 2 backlog, although I fiercely (fiercely!) disagree with some of the things Arthur is saying about the occasional "poor" level design.

Having to actively scan the environment and follow power cords, or look for little sections of light, are old school logic puzzles, and they're some of my favourite parts of HL2. It makes me feel like I'm searching and finding stuff for myself, rather than being led down a path (even though I effectively am), and games just don't do that anymore. It's not like it's nostalgia talking either, as I p0layed the game for the first time in 2007 on my 360, and it was what catalysed me to finally get a decent gaming PC (which I now, coincidentally, do most of my gaming on).

I totally agree with Matt on the whole "man, what a journey!" feeling the game gives. HL2 is, in my opinion, the game that does it best. Some of my favourite games usually have an element of this, like Resident Evil 4 and God of War.

Oh, and about the HL2 update, I'd imagine Valve are waiting for the HL2: Episode 3 engine to be 'finalised' before pulling the trigger. At this point, it's probably worth just waiting and updating it in one neat little swoop.

I enjoyed the two episodes I listened to, though. Even if occasionally you got onto little tangents that made me want to yell at things (is HL2 a good shooter? should some of the fat have been trimmed? Ravenholm is the worst part of HL2?). :)

Top Bottom