• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel FM 14-1-09 feat. Shane (and his new job) and Skip

Puck

Banned
Rebel FM - Episode 2 - 01/14/09
Episode two finds us feelin' fine, as special guests Shane Bettenhausen (who tells us where the hell he's headed to work next) and Andrew "Skip" Pfister (King of All 'Casts) join us to reminisce about our best/worst 1UP/EGM memories, and chat about our favorite games of last year. Infinite thanks for all the support, and thanks Karen for the logo!
http://media.libsyn.com/media/rebelfm/Rebel_FM_-_Episode_2_-_01_14_09.mp3

http://www.eat-sleep-game.com/news/2009/01/14/rebel-fm-episode-2-011309/

zune://subscribe/?Rebel%20FM=http://rebelfm.libsyn.com/rss
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=301774100

Rlan

I hope you guys start picking a different date for podcast releases. Wednesday night (right now for me) is Bombcast territory!

Dante

Wonder where he'll be based out of? Florida? England, or Tokyo? Oh well I hope he shows up on these podcasts from time to time.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Linkzg said:
oh shit! Shane had a PR job offer from Sony and turned it down :lol

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

I wanted shane to be the Sony version of Major Nelson :-(.

Schrade

Oh shit! Shane was an Extra in The Matrix Reloaded! He was a background driver and also a crash survivor. GAF detectives, GO!

I have to say, I am really enjoying hearing stories about Shane's experiences and his mentors/people he looked up to.

alba

Little is the new Big
Trax416 said:
Audio volume sounds like it goes up, then down, then up etc..

Yes, it's really annoying but they'll get there for the next one I'm sure!
Keep it up guys.

Schrade

Yeah.. I was getting ready to go to bed, finishing up my reading on GAF and saw that the new podcast was being released any minute. My sleep now is 1 hour 34 minutes and 25 minutes delayed.

Chufmoney

Neo Member
We unfortunately havent purchased all the equipment we need. For next week we should have the full set up, including a whole new set of non-crap microphones and awesome compressors and the like. Bear with us, we couldnt get everythign we needed in time for this one!

Schrade

Chufmoney said:
We unfortunately havent purchased all the equipment we need. For next week we should have the full set up, including a whole new set of non-crap microphones and awesome compressors and the like. Bear with us, we couldnt get everythign we needed in time for this one!
We're surviving. Thanks for all your work, guys. I'm blaming you when I wake up late for work tomorrow :p

Tieno

lowrider007 said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

I wanted shane to be the Sony version of Major Nelson :-(.
Probably wanted to keep some of his dignity.

aegies

Chufmoney said:

Also, keeping a handle on Shane's levels is like trying to wrestle with a force of nature. It was run through two compressor cycles and 2 rounds of NR.

3195650841_0e0e53c960.jpg

voltron

Wasnt expecting this until tomorrow.

So Im expected to listen to RebelFM, Giant Bombcast and GWJ in one Australian Wednesday night?

I can do that.

border

The levels really are all over the place......yikes. Last week's show was a lot more tolerable just because the volume was more consistent. And I wasn't getting my ears blown out by every other "P", "T", or "S".

farnham

Banned
i think its better for shane to go to a rather small company then to a giant like sony...

to be honest what can shane possibly do at sony... probably do some damage controlling for the mistakes hirai and co made... (which he is good at..) but he probably wont even be able to talk to those guys and make any suggestions.. (maybe to jack tretton.. but i doubt he has a lot of power internally)

at ignition he can make suggestions what kind of japanese games does he think are going to sell etc.. i think that will be much better for him and the industry as a whole since his experience will have a lot more fruition

Chufmoney

Neo Member
Again, we're buying new mics, getting a macbook, and finally getting some pop shields. We'll have it all set up for next week's show.

Yes Boss!

Kuroyume said:
Shane is going to Europe?

Sounds like he is moving down here to Southern California. At least that is what I thought I heard him say in the Podcast.

It does seem like a good move. There is going to be plenty of big opportunities for these smaller companies to have substantial growth and innovation since the big corporations seem to missing the boat by placing all their eggs into the big HD basket.

I've only got a few Ignition games and they are all quality but they do fall into the budget label...perhaps they have grander ambitions and Shane can help take them there.

Chufmoney said:
Again, we're buying new mics, getting a macbook, and finally getting some pop shields. We'll have it all set up for next week's show.

Sounds like it is coming together. Don't listen to the naysayers about the donations. I don't think folks realize that studio equipment does not come cheaply. The Canon camera that Ryan and Matt used for the 1up show was not cheap and all of that stuff is now gone. Hoping you guys get some type of sponsorship.

Bottom line: everybody who donated something is tremendously grateful for all the work you guys did in the last few years so it is nice to finally give something back.

farnham said:
i think its better for shane to go to a rather small company then to a giant like sony...

to be honest what can shane possibly do at sony... probably do some damage controlling for the mistakes hirai and co made... (which he is good at..) but he probably wont even be able to talk to those guys and make any suggestions.. (maybe to jack tretton.. but i doubt he has a lot of power internally)

at ignition he can make suggestions what kind of japanese games does he think are going to sell etc.. i think that will be much better for him and the industry as a whole since his experience will have a lot more fruition
couldn't have said it better myself.

I hope that he gets a lot of new fighting games made.

Also, the sound quality isn't perfect yet because we were too busy booking our vacations to go out and buy $30 mics. You know how we do.

Chris_C

Is there an RSS link? I'd like to add this to my Sony Media Manager (daft name) subscriptions but all I see is a Zune link and an iTunes link.

Top Bottom