• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel FM 14-1-09 feat. Shane (and his new job) and Skip

Oni Jazar

From the Ignition Entertainment wikipedia entry:

4ke4hk.jpg

sikkinixx

More Wikiness

"The game will be a Playstation 3 exclusive and feature downloadable content covering Bettenhausen's later years at 1up.com, a major gaming website, and the downfall of the website as we know it after it's acquisition by the evil UGO corporation."

Shane is really informative in this one. Especially the part where he talks about past experiences with layoffs and stuff.

Money hats for the Shane exclusive well deserved.

Now I feel like I should buy Mercury off the PSP store...

Hopefully his position at ignition allows plenty of guest podcasting

Its not like ignition's lineup would overlap so much with "whatever yours" (if it still exists) that it would be awkward... until the great turn around!

andycapps said:
Ok GAF, fess up!

And Nick, Anthony, someone spill the beans on who Shane's been for the past few years on here. I have 2-3 guesses but need confirmation! :D

Podcast is great so far btw, I got the pre-volume fixed version that downloaded about 15 minutes before the new one was posted. Oh well. It's tolerable.

Yeah, who gets this exclusive? We demand answers!

Farewell 1up Yours Special? Maybe a PAX show with both Luke and Shane with Skip on the boards.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Had to stop it 20 minutes in. This is really not interesting in the least for me.

Good luck in your new job, Shane!

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Congrats Shane.

I think its a great opportunity for him but hopefully this doesn't mean he will lose his public persona.

At SONY he could have built up his fame. Perhaps joining the QORE team and briefing the media on new releases. He could have also been involved in producing PSN games. His job title at ignition may be better to acchieve his dreams I guess.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Congratulations indeed! The job title suggests that he will have some real influence in the company, it will be interesting to see what they can do. It would probably have been easy for him to take a PR or Community Manager role at a larger company (that wanted to benefit from his 1up 'fame') but it seems that he has taken a role that will genuinely give him some direct influence on games being made, fair play!

Haunted

jett said:
Ignition? Aren't those the WarDevil people?

Too bad he didn't go to Sony or some other place, Shane's just gonna disappear from the media within that company. Good luck 'n all.
Yeah. :(

dfyb

Banned
it's annoying listening to L4D talk in the context of the 360 port. shooting mechanic is fine on PC. there's no reason to play a valve game on consoles.

Haha, I just remembered that there was a pseudo-feud between Cake and Pie back on 1UP FM, hence the cake- or pie- line in the opening bit, which I must say, is quite awesome. I wonder if you guys will be keeping it.

gkryhewy

dfyb said:
it's annoying listening to L4D talk in the context of the 360 port. shooting mechanic is fine on PC. there's no reason to play a valve game on consoles.

Unless, like a great many people, you do not have a gaming PC.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Madvillain said:
The Ignition wikipedia is hilarious.

Congrats Shane.
KOF XII isn't going to go PS3 exclusive because of this, right? My preorder for the X360 Street Fighter IV TE stick cries...

For those commenting about the Sony PR job, he said he was offered it awhile ago when 1upYours was really taking off I believe. And then they all made a joke about it how it would be a bigger deal than his current job. :lol

Ha, that was a really great podcast. Nice to hear without the usual "Hey, you remember the time when....oh, can't say that publicly" *conversation trails off* stuff that always tends to happen when people can't say whatever the heck they want.

I hope you guys can keep up the same tone.

And Shane, best of luck with the new gig, but keep coming back for more plz. The gaming podcast scene won't be the same without you.

But damn you guys for putting it up so late at night, I stayed up and listened to the whole thing while playing Ridge Racer 7 and got 3 hours of sleep. Now my brain is completely fried today. (At least I cleared every grand prix in class 2)

Kittonwy

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Sounds like he is moving down here to Southern California. At least that is what I thought I heard him say in the Podcast.

It does seem like a good move. There is going to be plenty of big opportunities for these smaller companies to have substantial growth and innovation since the big corporations seem to missing the boat by placing all their eggs into the big HD basket.

I've only got a few Ignition games and they are all quality but they do fall into the budget label...perhaps they have grander ambitions and Shane can help take them there.

Sounds like it is coming together. Don't listen to the naysayers about the donations. I don't think folks realize that studio equipment does not come cheaply. The Canon camera that Ryan and Matt used for the 1up show was not cheap and all of that stuff is now gone. Hoping you guys get some type of sponsorship.

Bottom line: everybody who donated something is tremendously grateful for all the work you guys did in the last few years so it is nice to finally give something back.

For a small company it might be best to stay small in terms of the scope of the games instead of biting off more than one can chew. There is nothing wrong with budget-type games as long as they are profitable.

kuYuri

I hope an RSS feed gets created for a subscription. I neither use iTunes nor Zune marketplace to get this.

Shane's story about his trip to Japan and getting to interview Iga, Yamane, and Kojima made me smile.

YYZ

I had no idea KOFXII was announced a PS3 exclusive for NA (at least that's what it says in the Ignition wiki page). Shane works fast :lol

I'm j/k, srsly

shpankey

not an idiot
Great show. Congrats to Shane. I don't know what I'd do without these to listen to at work. :) Hope everyone else lands ok soon.

ferricide

this is why ignition is more interesting than it sounds (SNK aside) --

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=13622

Ignition's founder and CEO Vijay Chadha adds that the share acquisition “marks the beginning of an aggressive plan for Ignition Entertainment’s future,” and that the company “will soon be announcing new products for the upcoming year,” along with more details concerning its upcoming PlayStation 3 title Wardevil.

in essence, ignition got $$$ and is going to expand its operations. shane will have teh powerz.

Rlan said:
I hope you guys start picking a different date for podcast releases. Wednesday night (right now for me) is Bombcast territory!
lol, yeah, wednesday is usually bombcast. LANparty used to be Thursday for me. Friday is always scoop and Podcast Beyond. Weekend is usually NintendoWorldReport, PlayerOnePodcast, and sometimes talk radar. I hope they move it back to mondays or tuesdays!

LiK

great intro. another excellent show fellas. Shane's story about Milky and Miyamoto was pretty cool.

Yes Boss!

Kittonwy said:
For a small company it might be best to stay small in terms of the scope of the games instead of biting off more than one can chew. There is nothing wrong with budget-type games as long as they are profitable.

Agree, I mainly meant going beyond the SNK compilations and perhaps offering more original content.

I was hoping to come here and see the Matrix .GIF's but no luck :D

Great episode, it's already replacing 1up FM by a long shot. Remember, NO MAILBAG!!!!

Top Bottom