• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend some anime for my GF and I

Fou-Lu

I have been introducing my GF to anime, so far she has watched and enjoyed Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, FMA Brotherhood, Psycho Pass, Cowboy Bebop, Hunter X Hunter, and Haikyu. She also really likes Avatar and Over the Garden Wall on the western side of animation. She couldn't get into Samurai Champloo or Durarara.

Recommendations on what to watch next? I have watched to anime to list what I have watched, but rewatching things isn't at all off the table.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Having just watched it during the Twitch Marathon and surprisingly enjoying it quite a bit, I'd say give Yuri on Ice a shot.

Nikodemos

Kuzu No Honkai

Hahaha no.

Valkyrie Drive

LOLNOPE.

The English dubs of Black Lagoon and Baccano! and maybe Tatami Galaxy.

Linkark07

Banned
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, since you finished Zero.

Remember though, while the premise is almost the same, it is developed completely different than Zero.

And since you watched Zero and Psycho Pass, may I recommend Puella Magi Madoka Magica? Same writer as those two.

You will love that one.

Edit: Beaten on UBW. Another recommendation: Shirobako.

JC Lately

Seconding One Piece. But take it chunks, there’s like a billion episodes at this point.

There’s also Log Horizon for that Isekai fix.

Part of me really wants to recommend Sailor Moon, but the OG show is sooo 90’s and Crystal is soooo dry.

darfox8

Neo Member
Ore Monogatari(localized as My Love Story) for some light hearted romantic comedy. Although you'll never be as good a boyfriend as Takeo so that might leave you in a bad light.

Snow White of the Red Hair.

Fun comedy/romance anime with a great female lead and deep supporting characters. The romance is sweet and genuine and never gets cheesy. Definitely something I can see a couple enjoying together.

Urotsukidoji.jpg
You ready to get laid my man?

Are both of you MMO gamers? You might appreciate Log Horizon- the best of that sub genre.

If you want something more slice of (farm) life ish, I would strongly recommend "Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon)".

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First time.

My wife found this on Netflix a few years ago and we did nothing but laugh our asses off for like 7 hours straight. This show is just fucking amazing.

The premise is some high school girl thinks she is uncool and determines she needs to get laid to be cool, except she is super shy about everything.

It's incredibly funny.

Kyuur

From the New World
Mob Psycho 100
Yuri on Ice!!!
Attack on Titan
Little Witch Academia OVAs (haven't watched the series yet)
Orange
Gatchman: Crowds & Insight
Death Parade
Shirobako

All 100% SO-approved and mine has similar taste to yours (although opposite on Samurai Champloo / Bebop).

Slice of life comedy:
Azumanga Diaoh
Nichjou
Sabage-bu!

Romance:
Please Teacher
Toradora

Space:
Stellvia
Plantes

Action:
Black Lagoon
Trigun
Last Exile
Ben-to
Darker then Black

Abe:
Lain
Haibane Renmei

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First time.

My wife found this on Netflix a few years ago and we did nothing but laugh our asses off for like 7 hours straight. This show is just fucking amazing.

The premise is some high school girl thinks she is uncool and determines she needs to get laid to be cool, except she is super shy about everything.

It's incredibly funny.

This is the only anime i've ever bought based off a dream. I knew nothing about it, but just had to have it. Was totally worth it.

Top Bottom