• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend some anime for my GF and I

TissueBox

360x480_yu-yu-hakusho-les-aventuriers-de-l-au-dela-2669_54851ca3d494f.jpg

Yu Yu Hakusho

3fiTl.jpg

Gankutsuou: The Counte of Monte Cristo

serial-experiments-lain-44.jpg

Serial Experiments Lain

DarkKyo

Over the past year my girlfriend has fallen in love with both Dragon Ball(all series) and Attack on Titan, maybe try one of those?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
My wife really loves JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. It's a pretty fun, wild romp... there are elements of romance, adventure, and uh.... general gentlemanliness all around.

Also watch Your Name (Kimi No Na Wa)

And if she enjoyed sci-fi like Steins;Gate and Psycho Pass check out From the New World. It's a slow burn but so good.

turmoil

Banned
Same as any anime recommendation thread, if she can take long ass shows, Monster and Legend of the galactic heroes.

VeeP

Kids on the slope

I'm gonna second this OP, Kids on a Slope. I loved it.

It's actually directed by the creator of Bebop and Champloo. It's more of a slice of life anime, a awkward high school kid moves into town. He finds joy in music, experiences love, adventure, etc. I hope you enjoy it.

I have been introducing my GF to anime, so far she has watched and enjoyed Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate, FMA Brotherhood, Psycho Pass, Cowboy Bebop, Hunter X Hunter, and Haikyu. She also really likes Avatar and Over the Garden Wall on the western side of animation. She couldn't get into Samurai Champloo or Durarara.

Recommendations on what to watch next? I have watched to anime to list what I have watched, but rewatching things isn't at all off the table.

My recommendations

My girlfriend and went I through Hajime No Ippo last year, and we loved it. It is just so full of heart, genuinely good humor, great characters, and some of the hypest fights in the shounen genre.

KHlover

Banned
Overlord
One Punch Man
Your Lie in April
Rage of Bahamuth
Hellsing Ultimate
Ancient Magus Bride (will start airing this Fall)
91 Days
Mob Psycho 100
Deadman Wonderland
Monster
Paranoia Agent
Paprika
Millenium Actress
Perfect Blue

Parfait

Konosuba. Konosuba!

Recently rewatched it with a friend, the entire thing, and laughed hard enough to bruise myself still.

9fnxYpB.gif

Parasyte: The Maxim
All of a sudden, they arrived: parasitic aliens that descended upon Earth and quickly infiltrated humanity by burrowing into the brains of vulnerable targets. These insatiable beings acquire full control of their host and are able to morph into a variety of forms in order to feed on unsuspecting prey.

novenD

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex is a must if drama and sci-fi are cool with you both, which it seems like they are.

Seconding Gankutsuou and Last Exile. I'm surprised I'm not the first one to recommend the latter!

squall23

Nichijou is always a safe bet.

loGXFMO.jpg

After that you move on to Daily Lives of High School Boys which would be the guys version. Or Nichibros if you prefer.

YSybI1y.jpg

Code Geass. even better if you watch it with her mom and brother

Code Geass is a must watch. I actually just finished rewatching the series for the first time since it aired and it's still amazing. The setup, the character designs, and most importantly the animation. Besides one 3 second animation loop that gets used every other episode, almost nothing is recycled and for a fast action mech series, that's pretty great for a 50 episode series.

Top Bottom