• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore Price Revealed $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99

logo-nav.png

http://www.recoregame.com/info/faq/
PRICE
Standard Edition: $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99 Xbox Play Anywhere title (Xbox One and Windows 10 PC versions included with single digital purchase, at no additional cost)...Fans who pre-order “ReCore” will also receive “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts” for Xbox 360 playable on Xbox One as a pre-order bonus.

Also a CE.

71KIoeRxpyL._SL1500_.jpg

COLLECTOR’S EDITION
For the most dedicated Far Eden adventurers, we partnered with TriForce for the officially licensed “ReCore” Limited Collector’s Edition ($179.99). The Limited Collector’s Edition features hand-finished and painted statues of Joule and the Mack for the most authentic representation of “ReCore.”

LQX

I'm happy for that price but...what's wrong with it? Something has to be wrong with it at that price right?

harSon

Banned
The space between AAA and Indie is definitely something that I've wanted the industry to pursue more, so I'm glad to see a relatively interesting title at a $39.99 price point.

It sucks that when a developer goes with a lower price point that we have to assume it's lesser quality. Hopefully it's something like Ratchet and Clank on PS4 and is a great tightly packed game

Cool. So glad this is coming to Windows PC too, since I don't have an XB1.

Game looks like it can be fun to me. Hope it pans out well.

hawk2025

It sucks that when a developer goes with a lower price point that we have to assume it's lesser quality. Hopefully it's something like Ratchet and Clank on PS4 and is a great tightly packed game

I don't think we need to assume anything, the game was shown today. The price makes complete sense based on that.

Schlomo

It did look low-budget, didn't it? The animations and movement reminded me of PS2 games. In this case though that doesn't make me any less interested in the game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Heh, I had just posted in the MS Conference thread that it felt to me like it was probably $40 based on the weird reveal strategy and the relatively smaller scope of the game compared to most of what MS showed. Hope the $40 price helps it catch an audience.

It comes out like 3 months from now and it's a budget title produced by Inafune. Seems convening
I wonder if MS cut the budget, revealing it as a game "from the developers of Metroid Prime" and by the megaman creator with a CG trailer seems to indicate that they were hoping that it would be a big title.

KiraXD

so this is like a low budget XBL type game... advertised as 12hours of gameplay! wow?

A FEATURE-RICH EXPERIENCE
With over 12 hours of gameplay, five Corebot frames to collect and customize, shifting sandstorms that change the world and more, players can experience great gameplay value at an accessible price point of $40. Fans who pre-order “ReCore” will also receive “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts” for Xbox 360 playable on Xbox One as a pre-order bonus.

It sounds like a shitty indie game...

KooopaKid

Banned
Not surprised. The production values are not those of a AAA game. Some parts of the gameplay look wonky, like the platforming on tiny square platforms for instance.

Should I be reading anything into that? Granted, I don't mind paying less and R&C shows lower MSRPs don't mean much (plus The Witness), but now I have a sense of dread I didn't have before.

I'm in, but disappointed that it wasn't given the AAA treatment.

Seems like the game has a lot of potential to be a great action adventure game as Fable is on indefinite hiatus.

Top Bottom