• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017, PS4/XB1, Trailer 10/20 @ 11 AM EST) announced

What will ultimately anger people the most about this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Mk7rMnK.png

lol

Yikes. That wasn't in the OP when I posted. Well, color me uninterested, even though I could get it on PS4.

MilkyJoe

100%

With the $$ they make from GTA:O they will be committed to hitting Scorpio at launch to maximise the revenue.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are working closely with MS to code for the hardware as a technical showpiece of what the machine is capable of.

You just gave me a moist tip

SomTervo

And the award for biggest missed opportunity in naming a videogame goes tooooo

Stoked anyway, particularly for the trailer.

Kill3r7

I have a feeling they'll do the same as GTA V.

Announce PS4/XB1 version and no word of PC. While most people will just wait for the PC version a lot of people, myself included, will get it on PS4 to experience it straight away. Once they've milked it for all it's worth they'll release the PC version. Hell, they might even update the game to take full advantage of the PS4 Pro/Scorpio.

GTA V PS3/360 - 2013
GTA V PS4/XB1 - 2014
GTA V PC - 2015

RDR2 PS4/XB1 - 2017
RDR2 PS4P/Scorpio - 2018
RDR2 PC - 2019

All PS4/X1 games are/will be playable on PS4P and Scorpio. So there is no reason why RDR2 would come out later for PS4P or Scorpio.

Fuck yes!

I don't know why but for some reason I had it in my head that Rockstar usually release quite quickly after announcements. Then I remembered they drag it on for ages drip feeding information for a year or two.

Diabelli

*Looks at OP*
Rockstar Games Presents
*Hype intensifies*
Red Dead
*Hype reaching maximum*
Redemption 2
*Hype gone*

I expected a better title unless this is more akin to GTA3 to San Andreas. If this is Red Dead 3 that title is shit.
fo'real, your hype for the game really hinges on the title? lol

Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in Fall 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.

Fall 2017 and no PC? So this could mean we'll have to wait until 2019 for a PC version (if there will be one at all). Smh. What a disappointment.

4jjiyoon

Why are people saying they're ignoring Revolver? That wasn't called Redemption. This is Redemption 2 not Red Dead 2. It's the third game in the Red Dead series but a prequel/sequel to Redemption. It's not hard people.

Anyway, super excited. Too far off to care too much though.

Duxxy3

Wow. Microsoft seriously lucked out with this one. Monster AAA title coming out right in time for their new system.

Chiggs

Wow. Microsoft seriously lucked out with this one. Monster AAA title coming out right in time for their new system.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what the Scorpio version will be like. You have to think Microsoft is going to throw some serious cash at them.

Why no love for the PC?

It's going to happen. I bet we even see Red Dead Redemption on Steam at some point.

"will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience".

Jup, confirms a SP. They speak of an epic tale, so I hope it's as big as GTA V's SP-component.
If they make a GTA V style game in the wild west, with a huge SP + multiplayer, they will sell it like crazy.

Traxtech

Going to do an Activision with Infinite Warfare and do a Red Dead Redemption remaster on release at the same time.

Difference is everyone will buy this.

Calling it now

RPGCrazied

Thank god too

I guess so, but with me, just like the witcher, I'm not going to buy the 3rd game if there is no way for me to play the previous games. I might overlook that now since I have a gaming machine. But there is no RDR on PC. Really don't want to have to buy a One just to play the 360 version on it. I'm not that rich.

Top Bottom