• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

Simo

Part of me hopes it doesn't get delayed, but I keep thinking that if it does it'll slip back from October to May. I just keep imagining that it's their first real next-gen title built from the ground up, so it'll be awesome to see how the tech has improved. I also wonder how the RAGE engine has involved, and to what extent Euphoria will be used. I really hope it doesn't get delayed, but rather it be delayed and really polished than anything else.

Well it's been in development since 2012, sourced from various San Diego devs who linked on their profiles about working on a new AAA project in that time, so even by 2017 that's 5 years in development. I think that would make it one of their longest dev times for a title since perhaps GTAIV?

There's also the issue that if they bumped it back from fall 2017 to May 2018 then they're also missing the entire fiscal 2018 slate, and if Take Two's scheduled releases is as weak as it is now then that wouldn't be good for them. lol Of course they could announce new titles and so forth before then but for now RDR2 is their biggest announced title so far.

I think if they weren't confident in the release window then they wouldn't of included it in the trailer and PR like they did for GTAV or RDR.

Tonky

Part of me hopes it doesn't get delayed, but I keep thinking that if it does it'll slip back from October to May. I just keep imagining that it's their first real next-gen title built from the ground up, so it'll be awesome to see how the tech has improved. I also wonder how the RAGE engine has involved, and to what extent Euphoria will be used. I really hope it doesn't get delayed, but rather it be delayed and really polished than anything else.
That's what I'm really excited about to, what improvements they've made to their engine and how Euphoria is being implemented. Someone already pointed on that the animal on the horse in that once scene has its own physics.

joms5

qfYC6lG.jpg

After looking at this picture extensively I AM convinced that the rider on the right is a woman.

1) The clothing. All the riders have big coats made of what looks like thick heavy material. The rider on the right has a blouse, made of thin material that is tucked in. Look at the sleeves. As they come down to the wrist cuff you'll notice they're puffy. Very similar to blouses worn by women at the time.

Example:
AHEVKEt.jpg

2) Look at the figure compared to the other riders. Very small waist compared to the others. Also based on the shadows and curves in the bust region I would say that the rider may have breasts.

3) Finally the colours. Tried to find sources on this but I remember hearing about in an American history class I took. Cowboys and the like would wear more muted colours. Their work was dirty and clothes were easily damaged and repaired. As a result they didn't spend the extra money on the dyes to make clothing colourful. So we see a lot of white, brown, beige, black, etc. Woman on the other hand (depending on social status) had would sometimes buy nicer clothing for social events or to impress potential suitors. Therefore it was more likely they held articles of clothing that were more colourful or nicer material.

What i'm getting at here is look at the difference between the riders. Yellow blouse vs blacks and greys and all those muted shades. I'm feeling much more comfortable that the rider on the right is a woman.

Would love to hear what you guys think of this.

Simo

That's what I'm really excited about to, what improvements they've made to their engine and how Euphoria is being implemented. Someone already pointed on that the animal on the horse in that once scene has its own physics.

Euphoria in RDR today still amazes me. The duels and shootouts are always different, like trying the game out earlier this week due to the hype and getting in a shootout by the train station and seeing the shot fella falling back against a railing and his arm slumped over it with the gun hanging on his fingertips. lol

Also digging some of the fan art posters coming out already, this one is my favorite:

I also only just now saw that Geoff Keighley quickly hacked together a short clip of Dutch from RDR and the new VO....yeah I'm pretty convinced the two are the same now. lol
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/789135662968561664

Coffinhal

Official confirmation, No. But this quote from RS on RDR2 page suggest multiplayer is more in line like GTA Online.

It doesn't suggest anything.

"Brand new experience" could mean that SP and MP are kind of merging for big missions, sidequests or free roaming, with more open design and co-op in sight (see the heists of GTA:O and everything that Ubisoft tried recently in that field), and it doesn't exclude more competitive modes to be added. The 7 protagonists and the gang theme that we are foreseeing could suggest that kind of theory. It would be a logical step after the 3 protagonists of GTA V and the online/coop success they had on GTA:O. That's the kind of challenge and big changes they can bring.

I don't think it'll be delayed personally. It's been cooking for a long enough time Fall 2017 is likely already being generous.

Totally agree on this. If there is a delay, they'll try to push it within the end of 2017 or early 2018 because, as you said, fiscal year.

Hopefully it also means they'll get the PC version out for May/June 2018 (8 years after RDR...)

dreamfall

I also only just now saw that Geoff Keighley quickly hacked together a short clip of Dutch from RDR and the new VO....yeah I'm pretty convinced the two are the same now. lol
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/789135662968561664

Damn it does sound like him! But I feel like he's talking at another character, I'm still hoping we get to play as him. He was complex man, how he created the gang and their adventures together would be awesome.

I feel like we're going to see the Mystery Man from the Stranger Missions "I Know You" - he even references some of the women and men Marston killed along the way. So much hype , so much promise!

Simo

Totally agree on this. Hopefully it also means they'll get the PC version out for May/June 2018.

That's what I'm thinking. That way they'd have the console release within fiscal 2018 and the PC release would fall in to fiscal 2019.

Damn it does sound like him! But I feel like he's talking at another character, I'm still hoping we get to play as him. He was complex man, how he created the gang and their adventures together would be awesome.

I feel like we're going to see the Mystery Man from the Stranger Missions "I Know You" - he even references some of the women and men Marston killed along the way. So much hype , so much promise!

I'm not sure if we'll play as him or Marston but rather whoever is the one center of the key art. I could see Dutch's gang being a supporting role and the main character being apart of it at one time and perhaps starting your own allowing you to recruit others which opens up the co-cop possibilities. Like it's pointed out the 7 riders in the trailer don't match it seems the 7 on the key art.

Simo

If it's Dutch's gang, wouldn't the woman be Marston's wife?

Abigail? Now I only played and finished the campaign for RDR once in 2010 so my memory is a little fuzzy but I thought Abigail was just a prostitute that John met while he was in the gang and fell in love with her? The info she was apart of it is genuinely surprising me..

kris.

Banned
has anyone floated around the idea of the main crew being a young Landon Ricketts and the gang he rode with when he was younger? idk could be neat to see his story unfold.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yup. One S ordered. I couldn't stand it no more.

Awwwww yissss, I think it might be on sale on the Xbox Marketplace right now, if you don't already own it presently. You'll love it, it's a fuckload smoother 30 than on 360, they fixed the input lag on the v-sync, oh and the v-sync means no more tearing.
It plays very nicely on the S.

Spider-Vice

Neo Member
Well it's been in development since 2012, sourced from various San Diego devs who linked on their profiles about working on a new AAA project in that time, so even by 2017 that's 5 years in development. I think that would make it one of their longest dev times for a title since perhaps GTAIV?

There's also the issue that if they bumped it back from fall 2017 to May 2018 then they're also missing the entire fiscal 2018 slate, and if Take Two's scheduled releases is as weak as it is now then that wouldn't be good for them. lol Of course they could announce new titles and so forth before then but for now RDR2 is their biggest announced title so far.

I think if they weren't confident in the release window then they wouldn't of included it in the trailer and PR like they did for GTAV or RDR.
Correct. In fact, I think it's very rare for Rockstar to announce a release date as soon as the game is announced. At least recently they announce a date later, then end up delaying it. If the LinkedIn profiles actually were talking about RDR2, we might actually be hitting the proper release date this time, as incredible as it might seem for Rockstar.

As for Take-Two, I'm sure they'll announce more "blockbuster" titles until the next FY, as they really can't have only RDR2. Borderlands 3 anyone?

Simo

Awwwww yissss, I think it might be on sale on the Xbox Marketplace right now, if you don't already own it presently. You'll love it, it's a fuckload smoother 30 than on 360, they fixed the input lag on the v-sync, oh and the v-sync means no more tearing.
It plays very nicely on the S.

Yeah I still have my original copy from the GameStop midnight release, slip case and all.

Wait, the new Xbox...when I sign in with my 360 info and insert the disc will it detect all of the DLC content and stuff via my profile..?

Correct. In fact, I think it's very rare for Rockstar to announce a release date as soon as the game is announced. At least recently they announce a date later, then end up delaying it. If the LinkedIn profiles actually were talking about RDR2, we might actually be hitting the proper release date this time, as incredible as it might seem for Rockstar.

As for Take-Two, I'm sure they'll announce more "blockbuster" titles until the next FY, as they really can't have only RDR2. Borderlands 3 anyone?

Welcome good sir!!!

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah I still have my original copy from the GameStop midnight release, slip case and all.

Wait, the new Xbox...when I sign in with my 360 info and insert the disc will it detect all of the DLC content and stuff via my profile..?
Yea, saves and DLC tied to the account will be detected. You'll have to do it manually, though. When the game is installed, press the menu button when hoving over it, go to Manage game, and it will show in the Ready to install list.
Game saves will sync automatically.
Oh and loading is faster too if you got a nice external HDD. As are texture pop-ins, less frequent now.

Simo

Yea, saves and DLC tied to the account will be detected. You'll have to do it manually, though. When the game is installed, press the menu button when hoving over it, go to Manage game, and it will show in the Ready to install list.
Game saves will sync automatically.
Oh and loading is faster too if you got a nice external HDD.

Oooh ok got it. Thanks for the info! I just got the cheaper 500GB version since I mainly play on PS4 and have the Pro but again, RDR BC keeps calling to me and at least now I can play Sea of Thieves when it's out. lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oooh ok got it. Thanks for the info! I just got the cheaper 500GB version since I mainly play on PS4 and have the Pro but again, RDR BC keeps calling to me and at least now I can play Sea of Thieves when it's out. lol
Grab Sunset Overdrive if you can as well, should be dirty cheap by now. Halo MCC is probably $8 on CDKeys, and try the Forza Horizon 3 demo.
It's a wonderful system with some great exclusives.

Hanso

Person to the left could also be a woman. Clothing is to loose, everyone else has distinct style but with this person its just a huge ass jacket, trousers, boots and a hat.

Looks more like somebody in disguise and the person looks really bulky. Did they lift back than?

Also I think there is blonde hair on both sides of the face coming out from under the hat.

Another thing I noticed (reaching) are the rather "thick tighs" on the left rider. Compared to the second from left rider they look a bit more woman-y.

Simo

Man, the old RDR OT got bumped in the Gaming Community so I just started reading it for old time's sake..surprised to see myself show up on page 2. lol The gem so far, and currently reading on page 6, is how Pachter said the game would underperform and be unappealing to Europeans because it was a western and US gamers won't take to it as much because the most powerful weapon in the game is a mounted gatling gun. lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Man, the old RDR OT got bumped in the Gaming Community so I just started reading it for old time's sake..surprised to see myself show up on page 2. lol The gem so far, and currently reading on page 6, is how Pachter said the game would underperform and be unappealing to Europeans because it was a western and US gamers won't take to it as much because the most powerful weapon in the game is a mounted gatling gun. lol
Here, enjoy:

http://imgur.com/a/vFwKy

hqdefault.jpg

Bandit1

qfYC6lG.jpg

These could well be MP characters.

This is pretty much what I've decided, and possibly a hint at a robust co-op feature. The more I think about it I think there will be one main character in the single player, (possibly the guy looking at the fire) and he won't be a part of Dutch's gang. Just a hunch, could be totally wrong. :p

I'm one of the guys who immediately shots down posts appealing to a RDR remaster because the very well documented story about the "code held together by gaffer tape", but man, I'd love to be wrong and ended up reading that Sony spilled all the moneyz on Rockstar to make them remaster the thing to run just in time for the PS4Pro release.

JDHarbs

I'm one of the guys who immediately shots down posts appealing to a RDR remaster because the very well documented story about the "code held together by gaffer tape", but man, I'd love to be wrong and ended up reading that Sony spilled all the moneyz on Rockstar to make them remaster the thing to run just in time for the PS4Pro release.
I think it's recent XB1 BC release pretty much confirms it isn't happening.

dreamfall

ONE CAN DREAM!

We dreamed about it for years on PC, I think at this point I'd much rather hope they focus all their resources on getting out the new title on time. I don't think the Playstation Now approach is conducive to replaying the game for a ton of new Sony adopters this gen, but they seem to be pushing it a ton.

That being said, playing it on XBO does feel really nice. BC is definitely shaping up to be a great feature, and I can't believe they actually got RDR running there.

Chumley

Banned

I wouldn't doubt 5 years at all. I don't know how long Rockstar usually takes to make their games, but the attention to detail in that trailer alone said to me that they've spent a lot of time getting everything exactly right. GTA might be what the studio is known for, but RDR is where the real drama and artistry they're capable of achieving comes through and what history will look at as their crown jewel IMO.

Also, people were saying this earlier, but the vibe I get for this game is that it's taking inspiration from Assassination of Jesse James, There Will Be Blood, and The Revenant whereas RDR1 was more spaghetti westerns. I'm only basing this off the music and cinematography so I could easily be wrong as fuck in the end, but still.

If it does I can only imagine it'd be a short time I hope. Fall is a pretty open window to release and delay between September to December and really, GTAV was the only one of their most recent releases that got a significant bump back by 4 months.

GTAV announcement had no release window. Max Payne 3 got it's first trailer with a release date for 6 months later but got a 6-7 week delay, RDR had no release window in the announcement trailer and got delayed 2-3 weeks. RDR2 though gets a release window and preorder links. So I still think it'll be released this year even if it should get a delay. It's funny because if it releases in fall 2017 then RDR2 was in longer development than GTAV.

How is that funny?

Fisty

Decided to boot up RDR1 on PS3 today and play some free roam. One hour clocked, 45 minutes of that was trying to actually get a lobby to load and about 15 minutes of play time which ended in a crash. Thanks, Rockstar

The online is a pile of crap on PS3

Simo

Decided to boot up RDR1 on PS3 today and play some free roam. One hour clocked, 45 minutes of that was trying to actually get a lobby to load and about 15 minutes of play time which ended in a crash. Thanks, Rockstar

The online is a pile of crap on PS3

It's the same on Xbox. The servers were hacked years ago and never fixed.

Fjordson

If that were the case why be so secretive with them. You would think they would show off the diversity if they were mp characters.
Yeah, I don't think that's an MP or co-op thing. I think the group they're showing is a factor in the story. Possibly who you're going after as the main character.

dreamfall

What do you mean hacked? Like users messed up the actual game?

There were a bunch of hacked servers, and most of them spawned from glitching XP in a couple of ways - Twin Rocks hideout could be completed fairly quickly and then being part of group and just voting to replay it several times resulted in the hideout being completing just from restarting the event. You could level up in to 50 in a matter of hours.

And this one was the more serious and hilarious one that fucked up so many lobbies baha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R3qD02zfSw

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Rider on the right is obviously Niko From GTA4 who has traveled back in time to the Old West.

Top Bottom