• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017, PS4/XB1, Trailer 10/20 @ 11 AM EST) announced

What will ultimately anger people the most about this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Remember when they got John Hillcoat to do the trailer for the first game

I'd have a heart attack if they got the jesse James director to make a little something from the RDR2 assets

iFirez

So is this going to be a prequel about Dutch's gang where you can switch between different members of the gang (GTAV Style) depending on what missions you're doing?

Randam

Pi2f5jY.png

no PC version is pretty :/ too..

Doofcake

Multiplayer experience... Huh.

Really looking forward to what they will offer. It's a shame it's only on consoles, at least initially. I'm not interested in "multiplayer experiences" on console.

AC: Syndicate, and the Vita game, whatever it was called.
All the Saint's Row games. (Custom characters)
You could also play as a woman in MGSV, when not playing as Snake.

Man I even played that Vita one (for like 5 seconds)

The rest I haven't really played tho

This just proves that women in lead roles are not memorable. Sorry Bronson but your actions here will be cited for years to come by important decision makers on why we can't have female leads in open world games. RIP. :(

what duck no
don't put this on me
nonononon-

tumblr_o8d3ms6Q3G1v6y9nqo1_500.gif

oni-link

Nirolak was telling me yesterday that the second silhouette from the left could be a woman because there was only one gun and it was the smallest. I told him it's probably a dude because a woman would have to use both hands to carry something as heavy as a gun!!!!!

Sadly I am right. :(

I think we should wait till the trailer is out, we have very little to go on with just the poster

Maybe it's only one playable character, maybe those 7 are the characters you hunt down in the game, maybe you create your own character

We'll know more on Thursday

Nipo

Yay!

I feel so sorry for PC folks though. Couldn't imagine what their reasoning would be.

Probably that they need to optimize for XBO, Scorpio, PS4, and PS4Pro? I have no idea how much work would be involved in adding PC but if they are already working on making the game for consoles at four different power levels that could be reason to get those done then focus on making the PC.

Gator86

holy shit what?

it's the wild west in the late 1800s, nothing surprising or unrealistic with a bunch of white macho bandits sticking together, right? or am i crazy?

i genuinely don't get how people react with disappointment to white male videogame characters like it's a crime or something.

besides, that prooobably isn't the whole cast.. there are surely memorable human characters of other skin colors etc.

Because white men star in way too much shit for being such a small global minority. People are tired of companies trotting out some trite lineup of white dudes like that shit is still interesting or compelling in 2016. It's not a crime, it's just pathetic navel-gazing from overly white, male game devs and their old, white, male management.

Glad there might be some cool women or people of color in the background though. Totally makes up for it.

This makes even less sense.

PS4 pro will be out for year already and they wont just ignore it and make it the same as PS4.

And i bet Microsoft will want RDR2 to be the best version of the game from the start.

rockstar games are very cpu intensive, don't expect that game to much better on ps4, except for resolution, now scorpio with zen :D

Oh Jesus, the smugness and entitlement, it is OOZING off of this post.

"Why didn't R* include a female character? "Not that it matters, they are pieces of shit anyway"
Well...
1.8/5 on Glassdoor for Rockstar San Diego (worked on RDR)

A collective of spouses of Rockstar employees wrote an open letter about the maltreatment of workers

Inspired by the EA Spouse collective which succeeded in improving working conditions at EA. Rockstar Spouse didn't because the company then released RDR1 so nobody have a shit.
...did I lie?

Pakoe

Will preorder the PC version a year after the console release, take all my money R*. GTA V was perfect on PC (for me), take all the time you need.

Tovarisc

Yes. GTAV is constantly in the top 10 best sellers on Steam and has sold at least 6 million copies on PC. So yeah, I'm very surprised PC isn't getting mentioned here. It hurts.

It's not like GTAV did badly on PC. More than 5.5 million purchases just on Steam, with no really deep discounts, just for the base game. I can't imagine how much the game is moving in DLC and microtransactions.

But it seems the PC market is still not good enough for Rockstar. I'll gladly use my money on something else, then.

Considering how well GTAV is selling on Steam (I swear to God it has been in the Top10 sellers constantly since it was released).... yes.

Now look back on how long and what kind process it took for GTAV to surface on PC. R* basically released last-gen version, then re-mastered it for current gen to get double tip sales and then once again re-mastered re-master for PC getting those sales and triple dippers. Them stretching out RDR2 like this and not delivering all three platforms at same time just smells like GTAV 2.0 where they tune up RDR2 later on for PC release in order to get those sales + all possible double if not triple dippers at that point.

A lot people for no good reason will get this game on ALL platforms and stretching out those sales over longer period of time through PC delay makes them look good, "Look, our games have looong legs and keep on selling year(s) after original release!"

I fully expected this from R*.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Probably that they need to optimize for XBO, Scorpio, PS4, and PS4Pro? I have no idea how much work would be involved in adding PC but if they are already working on making the game for consoles at four different power levels that could be reason to get those done then focus on making the PC.

or they focus on PS4/XB1. then work on PS4 Pro/Scorpio/PC versions after release..

no wait that's just crazy nonsense apparently. but..that's just what they did with GTA V. focused on PS3/360 then did PS4/XB1/PC.

Plenty time for me to play Red Dead Redemption again for the 4th time or so and 100% the single player again. So good. Game of the PS3/360 Gen easily.

I see why they named it RDR2 though I was hoping for something else but the name is the least important part of this. The wait for Thursday is real lol

Acidote

I'm raising you by one.

Quad dipped for:
xbox 360
xbox one
ps4
PC

Yep I'm a Rockstar slave..

And here I am, waiting for GTAV to sensibly drop in price to pick it up for the first time. Yet if it was available on PC from day 1, it would have been a day 1 purchase.

Rockstar like to tell masculine stories. We know this. Why is that an issue?

At the end of the day they can and should make the game they want to make.

Dinjoralo

Of course, Rockstar is still living in 2007, where PC ports of big console games were atypical. Except it's 2016, where even the staunchest developers from Japan have started putting much of their library on Steam, even if they're decade-old ports. Don't worry, they'll have it out in about a year, maybe two, with a couple token extra features that'll be brought into the console versions later except for the one that's too poorly optimized to work on there.

Huff!

Top Bottom