• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit "Above the Game" PUA Kickstarter achieves 800% funding, criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozinator

Banned
I used to follow that PUA shit but then I stopped when I realized women really can be attracted by my gentle kind and calm attitude.

Pau

It's a bunch of robots all slowly developing a cloud sourced dating AI based on trial and (mostly) error.
Not all of us are like that. Some posting in there are actually in relationships or even women! :O

We try to drown out the PUA stuff. :/

One of the only threads on GAF that legit skeeves me out.
NoRéN;65149811 said:
Seriously.

it will be the Dating-Age thread bible.
have you guys actually read the dating-age thread? I'm curious as to what you're even talking about.
Yeah, I've seen it branch off into a few different categories, but I haven't paid that much attention. The 'good stuff' seems to be stuff that talks about being confident, not worrying about rejection and making stuff happen as opposed to waiting for stuff to happen.

The bad stuff is varied but usually along the lines of 'show them who's boss' sort of material.
it's not hard to point out the scam artists or hacks. Is the advice about tearing others down ("negging") to boost yourself up? Its garbage.

being more confident and upbeat in social situations shouldn't involve bring others down. Its a shitty way to live your life and youre going to filler the wrong people into your social circle as a result

magicstop

Fucking misogynist rape manual. Fucking start grabbing, touching, and generally harassing women and get the fucking prison sentence or beating you deserve.

Metrotab

Banned
Glad I never got into this subculture, despite all the tales of "success" around it. I'll work on my social issues my own way, without resorting to creepy grandstanding.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
“Sex: Pull out your cock and put her hand on it. Remember, she is letting you do this because you have established yourself as a LEADER. Don’t ask for permission, GRAB HER HAND, and put it right on your dick.”

How could this NOT work? Is my question.

DominoKid

one of my good friends pretty much lives by this PUA stuff although he doesn't know there's a term for it. this stuff is basically his playbook though and it's incredibly successful for him for the most part. although he's gotten himself into some bad spots.

this one chick i hang out w/ a lot hates his guts and always asks if he's coming along whenever we hang out because one time he forced her to kiss him or something. i don't care for the specifics, but nothing she said about their encounter really surprised me. dude just doesn't understand the meaning of personal space or where the line is.

Not sure why Kickstarter allowed this, it looks like a clear violation of their terms of use forbidding content that's "unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another's privacy"

tumblr_mnlnx7Jjap1qeg4eto1_500.png

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure why Kickstarter allowed this, it looks like a clear violation of their terms of use forbidding content that's "unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another's privacy"

Gynaecologists Hate This Man - 10 Reasons Why This Is The Campaign Kickstarter Doesn't Want You To Fund

??

No. I just don't think most PUAs hate women. My point was if you wanted to you could paint groups like feminists with a thick brush and from my example far more easily and credibly.
PUAs and MRAs exist because they self-identify as nice guys, and they lash out at women for not liking nice guys. Their existence is founded on hating women because PUAs think they're too dumb to like nice guys, so they learn how to be assholes to trick them into liking them.

Feminists want gender, race, and body equality.

??

No. I just don't think most PUAs hate women. My point was if you wanted to you could paint groups like feminists with a thick brush and from my example far more easily and credibly.

They at the very least don't have a lot of respect or regard for them, so comparing that to gay people was in really poor taste.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
PUAs and MRAs exist because they self-identify as nice guys, and they lash out at women for not liking nice guys. Their existence is founded on hating women because PUAs think they're too dumb to like nice guys, so they learn how to be assholes to trick them into liking them.

You understand that you are broadly generalizing many groups of people right? Even if your generalizations are more often right than not, it's sooo damn uncomfortable for me to read, let alone think. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who use 'PUA' in the most benign and maybe even positive ways, and there are men's rights advocates who are sincere about the 'right' issues.

While there are probably feminists who are just horrible, horrible people. I would think that if you support feminism, one of it's core tenets about not painting people with wide brushes would be something you'd take more to heart.

I THINK WE GOT ONE GUYS

I feel like I'm going to be the next person accused of being... I don't know, whatever you're accusing Bleepy of being.

You understand that you are broadly generalizing many groups of people right? Even if your generalizations are more often right than not, it's sooo damn uncomfortable for me to read, let alone think. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who use 'PUA' in the most benign and maybe even positive ways, and there are men's rights advocates who are sincere about the 'right' issues.

While there are probably feminists who are just horrible, horrible people. I would think that if you support feminism, one of it's core tenets about not painting people with wide brushes would be something you'd take more to heart.
Nah, not with PUAs and MRAs. See the Twitter screenshot I posted for my reasoning.

Jenga

Banned
they should take the documentary and instead write about respecting women and learning to settle for people they consider average

and then kill themselves for trying to be confident

Bleepey

You don't see the irony in what you just said? Seriously?

They at the very least don't have a lot of respect or regard for them, so comparing that to gay people was in really poor taste.

That wasn't my point. My point was the separatist feminism and lesbian feminism are things that could be far more easily argued as hating the opposite sex than PUA stuff.

Jenga

Banned
Fucking misogynist rape manual. Fucking start grabbing, touching, and generally harassing women and get the fucking prison sentence or beating you deserve.
calm down

this is just self-help with modern internet vernacular. yes, it is pathetic. don't try to paint them as rapist misogynist monsters just because it's popular now.

let them stew in their own idiocy, you (and everyone else) look no better taking cheap hits on them

Jenga

Banned
I dunno man, telling awkward men who lack self awareness to literally force themselves onto women is pretty dangerous I think.
awkward men who lack self awareness don't have any courage to begin with

creepy rapey men are creepy rapey men to begin with

What the hell is an MRA? And also y'all heard of shyboys or neverloved or whatever they're called? Hahahaha somebody posted a doc on them a little while ago here and it was....interesting

Jenga

Banned
What the hell is an MRA? And also y'all heard of shyboys or neverloved or whatever they're called? Hahahaha somebody posted a doc on them a little while ago here and it was....interesting
military food rations, im pretty sure because it was in metal gear solid

That wasn't my point. My point was the separatist feminism and lesbian feminism are things that could be far more easily argued as hating the opposite sex than PUA stuff.

Not being sexually attracted to someone or wanting the same rights as them is more hateful than thinking they're stupid and gullible? Got it.

So sad that people believe this shit.

And actually donate, besides. They're actively paying money so that more women in the world have to deal with more sleazeballs like the guy who organized this project. Who does that? Pay to make the world a worse place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom