• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reddit] Further Watch Dogs 3 info leaked (unconfirmed)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I should fucking hope so at the price of the graphics card.. :/
Hope for what exactly? As I've said, you can't get rock solid 60 FPS in even native 1080p (not to mention QHD, 4K) all maxed with a 2080Ti (1200$ GPU). And the game is not even all that good visualy to justify such insane CPU / GPU requirements.

So I honesty don't even know what can you possibly expect from XONE X patch for this game. 60 FPS - deffinately not happening in native 1080p or even with temporal reconstruction - native 1080p with rock solid 30 FPS is more realistic (nor PS4 Pro, nor XONE can't offer that). Slightly better visuals and zero stutters - maybe, but is it worth price of admission (?), probably not, but that's just my oppinion, man. At this point it is better to just wait for PS5 / PS5 Pro version for example which is deffinately happening as a WD trilogy release sometime in the future, that is if you care about this series that much.

Last edited:

Stafford

Hope for what exactly? As I've said, you can't get rock solid 60 FPS in even native 1080p (not to mention QHD, 4K) all maxed with a 2080Ti (1200$ GPU). And the game is not even all that good visualy to justify such insane CPU / GPU requirements.

So I honesty don't even know what can you possibly expect from XONE X patch for this game. 60 FPS - deffinately not happening in native 1080p or even with temporal reconstruction - native 1080p with rock solid 30 FPS is more realistic (nor PS4 Pro, nor XONE can't offer that). Slightly better visuals and zero stutters - maybe, but is it worth price of admission (?), probably not, but that's just my oppinion, man. At this point it is better to just wait for PS5 / PS5 Pro version for example which is deffinately happening as a WD trilogy release sometime in the future, that is if you care about this series that much.

Didn't it look pretty damn clean on Pro? I do remember WD2 already looking quite blurry on base Xbox One but when I got the X and quickly adjusted to 4K games going back TO WD2 was horrible. Jesus christ is that game insanely blurry, ugly and that framerare.....

I remember seeing some Pro screenshots and I really liked how crisp and clean that looked. I've been wishing for a X patch ever since the system came out. Ah well, WD3 it is. Hopefully there's still a chance of a 2019 release.

The more I think about it, the more I want the rumor to be true about skateboarding. Could be fun as fuck if done well, please do it well Ubi.

Verdanth

SJW because...

I got triggered at the female character, half english, half asian (gotta love the forced diversity appeal).

Plus no guns? Oh and she hates drugs, because brother conveniently died of overdose, so she has to clean every drug den. For justice!

Also works in cyber terrorism and joins hacker group to take them down.

It's basic SJW 101 storytelling.

And being Ubisoft, I bet my two cents female character will either be trans or lesbian, and that will be one of the selling points of the game.

Surprise me Watch Dogs 3, because I really liked 2.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
So they gave the "l33t hax0r" kid crew guns in WD2 but in WD3 where you play a counter-terrorist agent, you don't get a gun? Good luck trying to sell this game, it sounds woke to the extreme.

The only thing that could redeem this game is if the protag is somehow related to Jordi Chin. But whenever you hear hear the word "Asian" in the UK they're usually talking about a pakistani person or something.

Yeah I was just gonna say, do they mean Asian Asian or UK “Asian”

Character doesn’t bug me really either way but everything else sounds silly. Super leet undercover counter hacker skateboarding around tagging the loo and bopping baddies and bobbies alike. Rated E for Extreme but no guns ok guys there aren’t guns in London anymore it’s a utopia

Stafford

Any chance of hoverboards?

Now that would be sweet, BTTF style! The rumors do say the city is a little more cyberpunky than before, which I like. I actually would love to see a futuristic city by Ubi.

I got triggered at the female character, half english, half asian (gotta love the forced diversity appeal).

Plus no guns? Oh and she hates drugs, because brother conveniently died of overdose, so she has to clean every drug den. For justice!

And being Ubisoft, I bet my two cents female character will either be trans or lesbian, and that will be one of the selling points of the game.

Good God, trans? Nah please don't, just don't. Honestly for all I care they don't go into detail about her sexual preferences at all. I didn't care for that in the previous 2 games and it's really not necessary at all.

I really just don't get it any way all this bullshit being forced into movies, shows and games. Trans people have been around for as long as I can remember, all good, no problem, why all of a sudden this big focus? Why these people going all "fuck this, this game doesn't offer options for us Trans people, let's riot." what is it? Sigh.

Last edited:

lmao wtf? So, an Asian-Caucasian female is all it takes to trigger you?

GiD7my1.jpg

Verdanth

lmao wtf? So, an Asian-Caucasian female is all it takes to trigger you?

GiD7my1.jpg

Its not the fact that character is a female asian per se...I've got nothing against that, dont get me wrong.

Is the fact that it needs to be said/stated before hand that she is a female asian because diversity reasons.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Rated E for Extreme but no guns ok guys there aren’t guns in London anymore it’s a utopia

She'll run around with an arsenal of knives and a bottle of acid to throw in people's faces. True authentic London style.

And if you want to lose the cops you just hop on a scooter and they'll stop chasing you immediately no matter what terrible thing you just did.

The only way to get maximum wanted level is to post an "islamophobic" tweet.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

Put it this way. You can see what you're doing on the Ps4 Pro version using a 4k screen..

You cant really on the Xbox one X using the same screen. It's a blurry mess.

And that to me, is shocking,

Last edited:

mrMUR_96

What's wrong with playing as a different gender or ethnicity, depends how's she's written.
No guns because it's set in London, we don't have easily accessible firearms here.
What have drugs got to do with social justice?
Anti cyber terrorism is a pretty big theme in the world today.
Of course she's part of a hacker group, we're talking about watch dogs here, that's like the whole premise.

ExpandKong

Banned
Its not the fact that character is a female asian per se...I've got nothing against that, dont get me wrong.

Is the fact that it needs to be said/stated before hand that she is a female asian because diversity reasons.

Right? Like a bullet point on the back of the game’s box or some shit.

Back in the day it was:
  • Realistic physics
  • Over 100 levels
  • 32 player online deathmatch
Now it’s all:
  • Revolutionary Create-a-Gender system
  • Social media integration: link the game to your Twitter account so you don’t even have to pick up your phone to whine about something you tricked yourself into thinking was offensive
  • An Asian Woman

The only way to get maximum wanted level is to post an "islamophobic" tweet.

I’m imagining a mechanic like the first game where you can hack people’s bank accounts when they’re nearby, except in this one you hack into their Facebook account, post a Ben Garrison comic, and wait for the cops to come beat the shit out of them.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Put it this way. You can see what you're doing on the Ps4 Pro version using a 4k screen..

You cant really on the Xbox one X using the same screen. It's a blurry mess.

And that to me, is shocking,
Well, I can totally understand this. X is more powerful than PS4 Pro, so there's absolutely no justification for this crap. Hopefully next-gen consoles will give you guys more control over how the game looks - the ability to change or disable some eyes melting features like chromatic aberration, motion blur, temporal reconstruction, bloom, vignets etc.

Last edited:

Stafford

Well, I can totally understand this. X is more powerful than PS4 Pro, so there's absolutely no justification for this crap. Hopefully next-gen consoles will give you guys more control over how the game looks - the ability to change or disable some eyes melting features like chromatic aberration, motion blur, temporal reconstruction, bloom, vignets etc.

I guess it just wasn't worth it for Ubi anymore, which is a shame. Then again, neither did they ever X patch any other game, a older game that is because every game that came out after X launched was X enhanced.

EDMIX

Uhm Ghost Recon?
Ubisoft is really milking their IPs too much for my taste... especially this late in the current console cycle

huh? This is only the second Ghost Recon this gen and only the 3rd Watchdogs this gen. (Watchdogs being a new IP this gen). I mean....was Ubisoft suppose to not release games and not make money or? They've released plenty of new IP and I don't think they are "milking" their series all that much man, this is still a business and in order for them to keep making new IP for next gen, they still need to find a way to fund it.

Prince Of Persia and Splinter Cell paid for Assassins Creed and many new IP last gen to exist.

Assassins Creed and Far Cry helped pay for titles like WatchDogs, The Division, For Honor etc

So I say, let them make their money so they can keep funding new IP. This late they should be focusing on established series they started this gen to FUND those next gen projects. Gaming isn't cheap, it cost money to roll out those new IP. Watchdogs 2 only came out in 2016 so a 2019 Watchdogs is a pretty normal time line. I mean, you are saying "Ghost Recon" did you just forget that Wildlands released in 2017 and Watchdogs 2 came out in 2016? So nothing is really wrong with both coming out this year. 2 or 3 entries a gen is healthy tbh.

cormack12

Gold Member
You'll probably find the graffiti tagging will be linked to 'control points' if that's in the game. Tagging a certain amount of area's might open up PoI's - that's a pure guess though. Arguably the greatest GTA had tagging in at one point (San Andreas)

11-gtasa11.gif

Also Watch Dogs had plenty of mini games like AR - might even be digital graffiti

EarnestPitifulBaboon-size_restricted.gif

Stafford

I think I read it on here or Era, not sure anymore, but we could be getting a reveal of the game today or one of these days. It was said that Ubi was going to reveal one more game before E3 and it's likely this. Hopefully it's true. Otherwise I'm sure it'll be at E3.

I really hope they will improve on WD2. If there's still guns, make the shooting mechanics more fun, please finally fix the goddamn driving. What I loved about WD2 were all the gadgets, it doesn't happen often that I try to obtain every collectable but thanks to the very fun gadgets like the drone and the little car I loved trying to get all the collectables.

Also the many different clothing stores. But I'm gonna be honest, that's not gonna be as fun for me if we're playing as a woman. That's why I hope it will be like ACO. Let us decide if we want to play as a dude or woman.

Stafford

The Crew2 lets you own properties so hoping this is a direction Ubisoft is going with WD3 Online. GTAO has no competition. Bring it on.

GTAV was bullshit when it comes to owning properties. All that shit where you buy buildings and can enter them are only for the online, which sucks because it's all about the SP for me.

I truly wish Rockstar would go back to GTA SA when it comes to all the things you were able to do there. I loved how you could gain weight by eating, or learning new moves at the gym, imagine if they included that in V, along with buying houses/properties and being able to enter them.

That's what I sorely missed in V, enterable buildings. Do it Ubi.

The Pro version looked very clean from the demo I played. The game was just straight up boring. But, I have played the demo also on the X and ooof. It is bad. It needs a decent patch for the xbox folks. It would definitely help.

GTAV was bullshit when it comes to owning properties. All that shit where you buy buildings and can enter them are only for the online, which sucks because it's all about the SP for me.

I truly wish Rockstar would go back to GTA SA when it comes to all the things you were able to do there. I loved how you could gain weight by eating, or learning new moves at the gym, imagine if they included that in V, along with buying houses/properties and being able to enter them.

That's what I sorely missed in V, enterable buildings. Do it Ubi.

Oh yes I agree. I am an interior whore and GTA V disappointed so much. I am just wanting a proper online world for WD going forward. WD1 came with 8 players freemode and racing on release, sure it was primitive as fuck but it was something. WD2 didn't and had updates after the fact. Which is why I sold it after finishing it.

The likes of Just Cause 4 would have faired better if it was co-op and online. But they rather focus on the gimmicks. I understand the hardware is an issue which its why I can't wait for next gen. Massive, detailed open worlds with huge multiplayer options.

Last edited:
The racing I didn't dig so much because the netcode was shit.

But damn, for about two weeks I was intensely into that hide-and-seek mode. So many great memories.

spawn

No guns or knives. God I hope not. If it's completely stealth and you have to take out these drug dens with batons while the enemies have AK-47's then count me out

Stealth focus is what I'm concerned with. If it becomes a hardcore stealth game, I'm out.

But hopefully there will be more to it than that, and there will be cool ways to use the tech to overcome the missions.

Kacho

Feel like we're missing something if that's true because it sounds mad uninteresting. Especially the no guns part. Who wants to spend 50+ hours batoning people?

I'll stick with Breakpoint if it's all legit.

Last edited:

plushyp

Feel like we're missing something if that's true because it sounds mad uninteresting. Especially the no guns part. Who wants to spend 50+ hours batoning people?

I'll stick with Breakpoint if it's all legit.
Lol, I actually played the entirety of W_D 1 like this. I used the baton on each and every enemy because they gave the most amount of XP while stealthing around. Made some of the levels quite hard but the sense of satisfaction and XP made it worth it. After getting the Enforcer Take Down upgrade, I'd sometimes activate slow motion just to see Aiden whack the heavy goons in a matrix-like fashion.

Stafford

The whole no guns thing could work if they make the tone a little more lighthearted too. Maybe it could work. However, I say give us options. If we want to use a 3D printed gun, let us! Just like it would be fine if they let you choose between a woman or guy as protagonist, like ACO. E3 can't come soon enough, I want WD3 to be a worthy sequel.

bilderberg

I actually liked WD1, felt like a modern and grounded cyberpunk. No where near the potential that reveal trailer set, but still pretty good. I couldn't get more than a few hours into WD2. That Saturday morning cartoon approach felt like an edgy hipster codemane; kids next door. Fucking awful. It's like some pr focus group looked at r/gaming and was like "this is the audience we gotta hit, this is what the kids are into now a days." If WD3 is just more whacky antics "we gotta stick it to the man, maaaaaan" I'm done for good.

Da-Kid

Forced diversity appeal........ being triggered by the mere mention of a characters ethnicity and race is like a dog whistle the person is racist.

DZ_b_EZ

I'm hyped for an Asian lead and a female lead. I'm kind of interested in the weird transition of the story.

I might get it if they go full sjw and make it to where she has a cuck for a boyfriend. While we're out fighting crime to getting dick, he can run her social media page and share that were part of the resistance. Though I think it might hit a little too close to home for some people lol.

Akira1983

Banned
You couldn't be more wrong my friend :messenger_winking:

Bullshit

It wouldn’t be forced if it was a straight white male but make any character not that and it’s forced

Diet racist/sexist af

Just own it and atleast be honest with yourself, you look stupid pretending otherwise

Lol at all the snowflakes whining about female protagonist
The only people that are going to be whining is ubi when their game sells like shit. You can bitch about white male protagonist all you want but that shit sells. Asian female hacker who isn't anime, who don't merc people and rides a skateboard!? Fuck, ubi should just throw that money in the trash. The raccoons would make better use of it.

Verdanth

Bullshit

It wouldn’t be forced if it was a straight white male but make any character not that and it’s forced

Diet racist/sexist af

Just own it and atleast be honest with yourself, you look stupid pretending otherwise

tenor-3.gif

tenor%20%283%29.gif

Last edited:

Stafford

So.... another Ubi leak, but it's still not WD3 but some sport game. Come on now! They'll probably reveal it at E3 and not any earlier.

Top Bottom