• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redditor finds out her Secret Santa is Bill Gates, among the gifts is Zelda stuff

terrible

Banned
This is pretty cool. I guess I can see why people would think this is just a clever way to advertise Xbox but it seems like something that would be pretty fun to do just for the hell of it if you were someone like Bill Gates.

Bill Gates should focus on donating to good causes instead of flaunting his wealth on reddit.

He does... look up the work his foundation has been doing in Africa over the years, especially with malaria. Just a few weeks ago him and Melinda Gates received the Presidential Medal of Freedom for their philanthropy.

krang

Bill Gates should focus on donating to good causes instead of flaunting his wealth on reddit.

He just donated $1 billion to battle climate change, and he's spent years trying to wipe out AIDS and malaria with not only his wealth but his time.

Yet he tries to have a bit of fun and brighten the day of his secret Santa recipient (and probably really appreciated whatever gift he was given, no matter the value) and he gets shit like like your post? Unbelievable.

moerser

i usually dont like dogs that are smaller than my already quite small cat, but that fella is adorable.

oh and bill gates confirms hes a nice guy on every occasion he gets.

krang

CrashPrime
Hey everyone, pay attention to my really shitty hot take!!!!
Today, 03:13 AM, Post #16

53188148.jpg

Congrats on that tag.

Y'all been zapped.

Come on guys, it's Bill Gates. He has done so much philanthropic work after his retirement as CEO of Microsoft, that his legacy is becoming humanitarian first, technologist second.

I don't always attempt a troll, but when I do, I catch half the thread.

On the real, I love that as a billionaire he has such a high sense of humanity. Very timely gifts without being a simple Microsoft care package, and personalized to the maximum.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think it's more that he (or his assistants, whatever) just checked out what the redditor liked.

AFAIK, Bill reddits like Adam Savage. Most "nerd" celebs/famous people know of reddit and know the culture. Bill has been around the internet long enough to check user likes and stuff.

Plus he launched the X-box with a team that convinced him making it a PC was the way to go. So, I mean... he does have a history with games.

Not saying it was 100% him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has an idea/clue of what he/his assistants were doing.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Y'all been zapped.

Come on guys, it's Bill Gates. He has done so much philanthropic work after his retirement as CEO of Microsoft, that his legacy is becoming humanitarian first, technologist second.

I don't always attempt a troll, but when I do, I catch half the thread.

On the real, I love that as a billionaire he has such a high sense of humanity. Very timely gifts without being a simple Microsoft care package, and personalized to the maximum.
I have no idea how so many people fell for it.. But any tag is better than no tag, amiright?

KyleCross

Holy shit, I'm having flashbacks.

There was a very similar thread last year, to which somebody (can't remember who), posted that in all seriousness. CrashPrime is joking around, which is hilarious to those who can remember last year's thread.

So he's referencing something that happened on GAF in the past similar to the whole "I'm an expert" thing? Guessing the mod who just tagged him didn't know that either.

kswiston

Email tells me that I have won the Bill Gates Foundation lottery about 36 times, but he's never personally sent me anything....

Honestly this text sounds unbelievable and looks and sounds like written by a marketing expert with carefully choosen big letter sentences and highlighted words.

looks simply like a sort of Microsoft advertising.

Honestly this text sounds unbelievable and looks and sounds like written by a marketing expert with carefully choosen big letter sentences and highlighted words.

Click the reddit link and go through the pictures. Unless you want to do some digging on the wife husband a dog in the pictures and see if they work for MS

FyreWulff

Bill Gates has done all the recent Secret Santas and other people have confirmed getting him as their santee

Top Bottom