• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

Hatchtag

Banned
Nintendo still doesn't allow you to gift games over the eshop, right? Otherwise I'd have $26 to spend on eshop games to gift someone if people were willing to trade for a Pokemon code.

potam

Banned
I'm pretty late to this, but how does this work? I haven't registered my Zelda 3DS yet, but I already have Pokemans. If someone were to send me an eshop code for one of the 6 games, would I receive a Pokemon code I could give them, or does it just show up on my 3DS? I'm dumb.

edit: can you even register eshop games? Or just retail?

RedSwirl

Another reasonably decent 3DS game I suppose. Like 3D Land, Donkey Kong, Luigi's Mansion, ALBW. Something along those lines would be ideal.

Sadly I've registered all my games. But I am sitting on around 400 coins so I can buy more than one of this month's rewards and then give the download code for those to someone.

I'm pretty late to this, but how does this work? I haven't registered my Zelda 3DS yet, but I already have Pokemans. If someone were to send me an eshop code for one of the 6 games, would I receive a Pokemon code I could give them, or does it just show up on my 3DS? I'm dumb.

edit: can you even register eshop games? Or just retail?

eShop games register automatically once you link your 3DS to Club Nintendo.

potam

Banned
Sadly I've registered all my games. But I am sitting on around 400 coins so I can buy more than one of this month's rewards and then give the download code for those to someone.

eShop games register automatically once you link your 3DS to Club Nintendo.

So I wouldn't be able to trade the Pokemon download code to anyone else? That sucks. I was looking through my Club Nintendo account, and the two games I own were eshop downloads :(

Hatchtag

Banned
So I wouldn't be able to trade the Pokemon download code to anyone else? That sucks. I was looking through my Club Nintendo account, and the two games I own were eshop downloads :(

Once you register the game and the 3DS XL, you are given the code for Pokemon X/Y. You could then trade that code to someone else.

Got Pokemon X. There's a part during the registration that they ask if you got your system before Feb 25th... I almost clicked yes, then I caught myself. Anyway this will be my first Pokemon game since the original Gameboy. I still need to start Bravely Default and finish SMT4 though, so it honestly won't get much play anytime soon, but it's cool that Nintendo is doing this, for sure.

Sora_N

Having issues I guess.

So I think I already linked my CN ID to my OG 3DS, how am I supposed to get this promo by registering my XL? Am I supposed to make another CN ID? It says I can't use the same ID.

EDIT: Nvm checked my OG and you can unlink, lol.

Got Pokemon X. There's a part during the registration that they ask if you got your system before Feb 25th... I almost clicked yes, then I caught myself. Anyway this will be my first Pokemon game since the original Gameboy. I still need to start Bravely Default and finish SMT4 though, so it honestly won't get much play anytime soon, but it's cool that Nintendo is doing this, for sure.

I was truthful about when I got the XL (back in December) and was still given the promo code for Pokemon Y.

Riposte

I wish I could convince my sister that girls can like Pokemon. This deal really ups the value of her gift, but she got it in her head she shouldn't touch the game.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I wish I could convince my sister that girls can like Pokemon. This deal really ups the value of her gift, but she got it in her head she shouldn't touch the game.
That's shitty. Tell her she'll miss out on so many fun things if she lives life thinking there are things she can't or shouldn't like because she's a girl. I get she's probably really young and that won't mean alot, but you've gotta counter that sexist division shit as early as possible.

Zing

Banned
It's been four days and no response from Nintendo regarding my daughter's download code. I did everything correctly and was given the award, but cannot redeem the reward because she is under 13. Nintendo knows about this and has a specific knowledgebase article and webform. What the hell is taking so long? I guess I could call.

zulux21

It's been four days and no response from Nintendo regarding my daughter's download code. I did everything correctly and was given the award, but cannot redeem the reward because she is under 13. Nintendo knows about this and has a specific knowledgebase article and webform. What the hell is taking so long? I guess I could call.

I would call, it took nintendo 13 days to get back to me via email (I emailed them on the 5th they responded yesterday... I called them like a week ago and they took care of things in less than 5 min)

Tabasco

Quick questions,

Is this deal not valid to anyone who purchased a 3DS a long time ago?

Would the deal be valid if a 3DS was purchased a long time ago but never registered until now?

I just want to verify if there's literally nothing I can do.

Koppai

Quick questions,

Would the deal be valid if a 3DS was purchased a long time ago but never registered until now?

Yeah if you didn't register it already you should be fine. Just pick that you bought it in the last month if it asks you.

If anyone has a code for one of the six games eligible for this deal and is willing to trade codes it would be greatly appreciated. PM me or reply here.

ever thought I would purchase a Nintendo club code but did on ebay for $10, wanted to get Pokeman X before this ended, wont be playing it for some time, too many games.

Kyzer

Banned
Does anyone else have a 3DS XL code I could purchase? I registered my friends 3ds xl under mine back in October and that's not really fair to him. I bought the systems for us though!

Zing

Banned
Quick questions,

I doesn't matter when you purchased the system. All that matters is that you enter the club code this month.

Zing

Banned
No. I think that is just for their data gathering purposes, to see if people wait to register until there is a deal. They also ask if you bought it due to the promotion. They ask the same when you register the games.

Parfait

I FINALLY got a 3dsxl basically because it was about fukkin time, and now im gonna get my ass into this dealio.

I just need a game....

PS: fuckin how does the Bravely Default demo have me playin it for 10 hours why is this game so good

Zing

Banned
After almost a week of no response to my web form inquiry concerning my daughter's download code, I gave Nintendo a call. The rep "sent my case to the back room". Apparently, this is where they lock up the employees who have the magic to dole out download codes, and I should have my code within a week.

It's starting to look like none of the eligible games for the free Pokemon X/Y promo are going on sale before the month is over. If anyone has a Donkey Kong Country Returns, Lego City Undercover, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, or Yoshi's New Island CN code they are not using, I would love to trade for CN codes I have. PM me if you do. Thanks =]

Zing

Banned
Your wish is granted. Yoshi is fun and a nice change of pace from the more hectic Tropical Freeze and 3D Land/World games. Lego plays similar to the Wii U game, which is the best Lego game created thus far.

Croc

Banned
So you can't link two 3DS' to the same account right? Does that mean my boyfriend will have to make his own CN account to get the code instead of just putting everything on my account (which is what we normally do)?

Zing

Banned
Add him as a family member to your account. It will allow him to register all the same systems and games as you, and combines your points into one pool. It will also allow him to take advantage of this offer. This is explained in the FAQ Nintendo posted in regard to this offer.

Pittree

Hey guys. I am looking for help into making my good action for the day. I need a club nintendo code for Lego CIty, Animal Crossing, Yoshi new island, or DKCR 3D in order to give pokemon as a gift to my brother. Anyone here can help me out?

I would happily buy one if you have spares.

Sora_N

So after I make the new account that's part of my family account I can just register the 3DS and the game right?

I kept forgetting to do it with my gf's system, didn't meant to leave it till the last 2 days. :/

Zing

Banned
So after I make the new account that's part of my family account I can just register the 3DS and the game right?

I kept forgetting to do it with my gf's system, didn't meant to leave it till the last 2 days. :/
Yes, this is exactly what I did with my daughter. I created a family account, immediately logged in as her, and registered the game and 3DS. I received the Pokemon award immediately. The "coins" were added to the family pool of coins. I then spent them on the Luigi carrying case for her!

wilflare

just to check I already redeemed my 3DS XL code previously to my own account.
do I need to create another account (under the Family) to redeem the new 3DS XL?

ohlawd

just to check I already redeemed my 3DS XL code previously to my own account.
do I need to create another account (under the Family) to redeem the new 3DS XL?
yeah.

you can't use the same Club Nintendo account to link another 3DS anyway. The deal needs you to register the code + link a CN. The family account should be age 13 or older btw.

wilflare

yeah.

you can't use the same Club Nintendo account to link another 3DS anyway. The deal needs you to register the code + link a CN. The family account should be age 13 or older btw.

okay just to clarify
MY OWN ACCOUNT
- already has a 3DS XL linked to it
- I cannot link another NEW 3DS XL to this account to get the promo?
- I should NOT link the qualified game to this account?

NEW SUB-ACCOUNT
- I should link the NEW 3DS XL to this account
- I should link the qualified game to this account

Can I link the NEW 3DS XL to the NEW Sub-Account and the qualified game to my OWN Account to get the promo?

doing so, I can get the promo?

Zing

Banned
It doesn't matter when you bought the system. You could have a launch system code and it will still work. For that question in the survey, I answered honestly (bought last year) and there was no problem.

Zing

Banned
okay just to clarify
MY OWN ACCOUNT
- already has a 3DS XL linked to it
- I cannot link another NEW 3DS XL to this account to get the promo?
- I should NOT link the qualified game to this account?

NEW SUB-ACCOUNT
- I should link the NEW 3DS XL to this account
- I should link the qualified game to this account

Can I link the NEW 3DS XL to the NEW Sub-Account and the qualified game to my OWN Account to get the promo?

What you typed is correct.

To answer your last question, no, you must enter both the system and game code to the same sub-account.

Sora_N

Yes, this is exactly what I did with my daughter. I created a family account, immediately logged in as her, and registered the game and 3DS. I received the Pokemon award immediately. The "coins" were added to the family pool of coins. I then spent them on the Luigi carrying case for her!

Thanks will do that too :)

I had an unregistered 3DS XL and 2 qualifying games and I only found out about this promotion recently from a friend... I never played, or had interest in, Pokemon before... I guess I'll give the game a spin, cause hey, it's free.

wow thats a big ole download , haha i still use the standard 4 GB that is given on 3DS XL's and i already maxed out the space

whats the largest SD card you can use? 32 gb or 64 gb?

Top Bottom