• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

Ludist210

I registered my 3DSXL last night, but I already own (and have registered) codes for Super Mario 3D Land (physical), Mario Kart 7 (physical), and Animal Crossing: New Leaf (digital). So unless I spend another $40, I can't get free Pokemon. :(

Bummer, because I legitimately want it. I may call after the Mario & Luigi fiasco when I bought my XL...

Zing

Banned
I have no interest in digital games and even less interest in Pokemon. I'll be trying to sell my code if possible.

Zom

Banned
I plan to buy a 3DS this month, and since this promo is only US/CA only, can I just register the 3ds like is from US? or I'm screwed?

Megatron

there has been some reported success on CAG of people who only have the serial number getting nintendo to accept them into the promotion. There hasn't been many cases of people trying to get in with just a serial number from what I have seen though, so the sample size is small... the majority people that have contacted nintendo seem to have 3ds they registered 1+ months ago bitching at nintendo for pokemon now since they bought a 3ds and one of those games in the past :/

I called Nintendo today. The first time I called I couldn't get through, got a message that they were too busy. I called back 1 minute later and waited on hold a while. When I got through the guy was very helpful. I told him I just registered the serial number yesterday (within the promotion period) but I couldn't find my club Nintendo code. He asked me if my 3DS was an older one. I told him I got it 'a while ago' (It was a Zelda OG 3DS that came with Ocarana) He generated me a new code and it is now on my account. I ordered Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from Amazon, and I'll register that and get my free Pokémon!

GameE

I dont know what to do about this :\
I already have one Pokemon, I could...

1) get the other Pokemon, keep it
2) get the other Pokemon, sell it(?), not even sure if it's possible/tied to an account or whatever
3) wait until a better promo

Help :(

webkatt

I dont know what to do about this :\
I already have one Pokemon, I could...

1) get the other Pokemon, keep it
2) get the other Pokemon, sell it(?), not even sure if it's possible/tied to an account or whatever
3) wait until a better promo

Help :(

My suggestion is that you get the code anddddddddd

give it to me.

Edgeward

Thank god I had enough space in my bundled SD card for Pokemon. Jumping into this since Black/White hoping enough things changed for me to like this series again

Tablo

I'm actually pretty tempted to get a 2DS... after hating on it for awhile

I have one, I really like it considering how cheap it is. Basically the only cons are:
-Mono speaker, which at times is annoying, but nullified if you use earbuds.
-No folding it, I keep it in the official case to keep the screens protected.

I would have gotten the XL, but it was like 80$ more at the time and I just wanted Pokémon X so...

chrono01

Well I guess it's finally time to decide which 3DS XL I'll use: Pikachu or Zelda.

I've own both since release, but never did the transfer/register from my Aqua Blue 3DS since I wasn't 100% sure on which one I should go with. They both look nice, but I'm thinking the Pikachu 3DS XL will be much more of a "collectible" than the Zelda 3DS XL, on the account of how rare it is. Truth be told, I kind of like the look of the Pikachu 3DS XL more, though. I mean...that adorable face...

Either way, I'll decide shortly. This is a pretty decent deal, especially considering I already own the required components [3DS XL and Animal Crossing: New Leaf].

I called Nintendo today. The first time I called I couldn't get through, got a message that they were too busy. I called back 1 minute later and waited on hold a while. When I got through the guy was very helpful. I told him I just registered the serial number yesterday (within the promotion period) but I couldn't find my club Nintendo code. He asked me if my 3DS was an older one. I told him I got it 'a while ago' (It was a Zelda OG 3DS that came with Ocarana) He generated me a new code and it is now on my account. I ordered Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from Amazon, and I'll register that and get my free Pokémon!

Dude I owe you one. Just called support like 2 minute wait. I have everything registered this month and I was just missing the PIN for my 3DS. Guy sets it up for me good to go. Really friendly might I add.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hmm, I have a launch 3DS that I still don't think has been registered. You just get a code for doing this right? So I could use it on my 3DS XL? I have Pokemon Y already, but I guess it would be cool to have both. I have one of those games unregistered as well.

Hmm, I have a launch 3DS that I still don't think has been registered. You just get a code for doing this right? So I could use it on my 3DS XL? I have Pokemon Y already, but I guess it would be cool to have both. I have one of those games unregistered as well.

Just remember you have to register the PIN as well not the serial number of the 3DS.

yea i registered my zelda XL..

bought mario land 3d thinking i could get the promo and i can't because i registered the zelda 3DS XL about a month ago.

Tempted to call as well.

RedSwirl

All I can promise is a Witcher 2 GOG code that may or may not work. It won't activate on Steam, but it is DRM-free.

...and maybe two of this month's Club Nintendo rewards. I have a lot of points left over and no interest in any of the current games up there.

Does this work if you buy a digital version of the 6 games? Like if I registered my 3DSX and bought a digital game will I get the offer or must it be the physical version of the game? I really want to get a digital version of AC.

RedSwirl

Does this work if you buy a digital version of the 6 games? Like if I registered my 3DSX and bought a digital game will I get the offer or must it be the physical version of the game? I really want to get a digital version of AC.

Yes digital purchases count.

I don't think I registered my 3DS... AND I never bought DK. I honestly might do this, sounds like an awesome deal!

Is it confirmed whether or not this is legit? I'd definitely like to do this asap

Genji

What a great promotion. Had bought a 3DS XL last month for AA 5 but didn't get around to registering it with Club Nintendo. Just did it now along with Super Mario 3D Land. Got the code and was able to exchange it for the new Zelda. Thanks Artorias!

Thanks also to the OP, wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Thinking of picking up a 3DS this weekend. Not sure which Pokemon is better. I've never played Pokemon.

zulux21

Thinking of picking up a 3DS this weekend. Not sure which Pokemon is better. I've never played Pokemon.

it won't matter at all if you have never played before... in general the two versions of pokemon have like 10 different pokemon exclusive to each version, like 2 items, and maybe a dungeon... I don't recall this one being all that different, the general experience is the same it will really only matter if you plan to play competitively since you have no nostalgia about finding older pokemon.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Are there any adults(ages 20+) here that chose a 2DS over a 3DS/XL? How are you enjoying it? Is it comfortable? How do you carry it around?

I bought the 2DS over the OG/XL. Pretty much the most comfortable handheld I have ever used and I'm digging it so far with no problems. I'm actually surprised at how I carry it around too. I can actually fit it in every one of my jackets(including hoodies)' pockets no problem and I only wear a medium. Besides that I have a satchel like bag I used for work that I always take it in.

Only con would be of course the mono speaker which headphones are for(but remember to select stereo in the sound options since default is mono). Couldn't give a shit about the 3D after testing it and it sucking so bad except for SM3DL.

ReBurn

Gold Member
it won't matter at all if you have never played before... in general the two versions of pokemon have like 10 different pokemon exclusive to each version, like 2 items, and maybe a dungeon... I don't recall this one being all that different, the general experience is the same it will really only matter if you plan to play competitively since you have no nostalgia about finding older pokemon.

Thanks!

RedSwirl

This is what I can offer in return for someone's extra Pokemon X key:

-A GOG code for The Witcher 2 that may or may not work.
-Two of this month's Club Nintendo rewards.
-A Steam key for Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition.

Top Bottom