• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register a 2DS/3DS XL and 1 of 6 Games in March on CN and Get Pokémon X/Y Free

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
if i already have mario kart 7 registered on my account, can i use another mario kart 7 code for this promo? do you get coins for something youve already registered?

01DragonFly

if i already have mario kart 7 registered on my account, can i use another mario kart 7 code for this promo? do you get coins for something youve already registered?

you need to make a family account.The coins are share between the 2 accounts.follow this:
Create a family account and register it.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2303

EDIT: Only works if the system and game are on the same family account too

Valkrai

So I bought a second copy of AC New Leaf and a 2ds for a family member so I can get the pokemon promo. I registered the 2ds for me, yet New Leaf isn't registering. Am I screwed? I contacted Nintendo support but what do you guys think?

01DragonFly

So I bought a second copy of AC New Leaf and a 2ds for a family member so I can get the pokemon promo. I registered the 2ds for me, yet New Leaf isn't registering. Am I screwed? I contacted Nintendo support but what do you guys think?
Maybe this is your problem, the game and the system have to bee in the same account

EhoaVash

i wish one of the game was Kid icarus Uprising then i would of bought a XL =/

until then, I'll wait for the HD port

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Does this type of promo happen regularly? New 3DS XL owner here and I haven't registered my system yet (or 3 games I bought). I would buy one of the 7 games they have and get Pokemon X/Y for free, but already bought the damn game.

Should I just hold on to it till the next promo?

They did a promo like this last year, at the same time too. I'd say it's almost a yearly thing now but they've only done it twice.

Hylian7

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but if I already registered the system and one of those games, why do I not have the option to get the free game? I already have Y so I might as well get X.

Past

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but if I already registered the system and one of those games, why do I not have the option to get the free game? I already have Y so I might as well get X.

Because this promotion is to get people to buy a 2DS/3DS/XL.

Hylian7

Because this promotion is to get people to buy a 2DS/3DS/XL.

That's so bullshit. I just called Nintendo about it. This is basically what they said. (paraphrased)

We have gotten a lot of calls about this today, and were given a memo that said that we will see what we can do about it, but do not make any guarantees to the customer. However if we do do anything, it will only be eligible through the 15th of last month.

Of course I registered those things WAAAAAAAAY before that.

That is basically a giant middle finger to their loyal customers.

That's so bullshit. I just called Nintendo about it. This is basically what they said. (paraphrased)

Of course I registered those things WAAAAAAAAY before that.

That is basically a giant middle finger to their loyal customers.
If I don't get this deal because I don't have the PIN code in my XL box (despite having everything else still, the manual, the box...), I will have no problem telling me they've potentially lost me.

To some of you that might seem silly or it might look like overreacting, but fuck I've been buying things from them for 15 years now. The customer deserves a little respect or trust here...This would just be stupid.

I've been buying stuff from Nintendo for 27 years. NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Gameboy..... if they don't retroactively apply any and all promotions they ever run for all time I will never give them another dime. I am entitled to a dump truck full of Nintendo-brand goodies emptied on my front lawn on the first of the month for till the end of my days and I am dead dead dead!

Edgeward

Whew, didn't register my 3ds xl before. Got it now and ordering 3d land. Finally a good deal that got me to purchase a new game after I bought the system

Thanks for this -- went ahead and called, they fixed the DL code for me.

Laziness wins, flawless victory!

Just quoting myself again since I see some people in a similar situation:

I bought my Zelda 3DS XL on release date, downloaded MK7 in December. Didn't register either or even have a functioning Club Nintendo till I saw this thread this morning.

Set up a CN account and registered Serial/PIN of 3DS today. Had to call in and let them know I didn't have a CN at the time I downloaded MK7, so of course there was no MK7 PIN for me to enter. The rep fixed this after I explained.

In Canada here. Would think my situation is a YMMV thing though -- could make the argument that since I bought it somewhat recently they just slid me under, but realistically I wouldn't have put the PIN in on a physical until today either. I thought it was a crapshoot so really, it's more bonus than anything. No harm in calling them -- if they say no, you're in the exact same place you are now, so may as well.

Also remember to please understand it's not the front-line people's decision. Plus, you always catch more flies with honey, might make a difference.

Good luck y'all!

RedSwirl

What the fuck. I just realized I hadn't registered my 3DS yet despite buying it in 2012. I kinda just assumed it was registered because I'd already linked it to my Club Nintendo account, but apparently I hadn't registered the PIN. I've already registered all the games I care about on that list though and I'm not even in any position to buy a new 3DS game right now.

It'd be great if I could get someone's extra code for Pokemon X.

Fury Sense

I've got a new 2DS to register, but none of the eligible games to complement. Where can I get one the cheapest :D

edit: wait a sec. Super Mario 3D Land? I have that! Good thing I've been saving my reg codes. Can't go for club nintendo rewards EVERY year. Guess 2014 is time to cash in

edit2: awesome. it worked. downloading Pokemon Y right now

Lol I just realised I never registered my launch 3DS XL nor SM3DL, actually I never registered anything with CN with a code because I was too lazy to do it. Thanks Nintendo for rewarding my laziness and not bothering with your ass-backwards online systems.

akashhhhh

It's hilarious that you also get 40 club points for the free Pokemon game. Survey popped up a day later. Good guy Nintendo.

This is the second time now I regret registering my codes as soon as I get them. It's probably a good idea to not bother doing so anymore. That definitely deflated any immediate drive I had to purchase Pokemon X.

Crazyorloco

If it wasn't for this deal I wouldn't have purchased a Nintendo 3ds xl during the week. It was perfect timing because I just got my tax return money.

Great promotion, and I got to help some people in this thread with a free game too.

I have tons of things registered on club nintendo and I haven't received anything (except for that punch out Wii game)...pokemon x is awesome. Best free game I've ever received!

Riposte

http://i.imgur.com/ToaTWPC.jpg[IMG]

It worked! I used my friends extra 3DS code and my Animal Crossing that I didn't bother registering months before[/QUOTE]

Did you get a code you'll be able to use on any 2DS/3DS even if it is unlinked to your account? Haha, I have a bit of trepidation doing this.

HUELEN10

I am itching to claim.

X or Y?Which one's better? The monsters in Y look more appealing, but which is the superior game?

Bought my first console in the 3DS family (a 2DS) because of this deal. Fairly nice system at a good price. It's not going to get much play time I'm guessing, but I like buying things on impulse and I splurged on myself this weekend pretty extensively on other items as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not a bad deal to jump on a 2DS. But I don't want any of the six titles they're offering (would rather buy Ace Attorney Investigations Tw--Oh, I can't even say that with a straight face. :(), plus no unified account system DRM still makes me extremely leery to Nintendo's online services.

HUELEN10

I already have Pokemon.

Doesn't everyone already have Pokemon?
Not me. Only game I've played was Diamond for about 15-20 hours, but it didn't click with me (Never could find Team Galactic). Since it's free, I might give this game a shot. This will be the last time I give a chance, but I feel Pokemon deserves a second look from me. Maybe X/Y is more beginner friendly?

rrs

My sister got a 2DS, I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and soon I'll have Pokemon Y :3

Not me. Only game I've played was Diamond for about 15-20 hours, but it didn't click with me (Never could find Team Galactic). Since it's free, I might give this game a shot. This will be the last time I give a chance, but I feel Pokemon deserves a second look from me. Maybe X/Y is more beginner friendly?

It's pretty much Pokemon greatest hits edition with a load of things that can make SP play easier.

Y get! I'm not counting my having bought Diamond a while back and almost never playing it, so this is essentially the first Pokemon game I've played since Blue and Japanese Yellow in high school.

Anustart

Is there anyone out there that would trade a code for one of the qualifying games for a code from Nintendogs? My daughter really wants Pokemon Y. I have her 3ds code, just no qualifying game and I can't afford a game this month.

For those out there who gave up with registering their 3DS serial # instead of PIN, I was able to get my download after calling Nintendo's customer service a few times. They said it was because my system was pretty new, though, so YMMV.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
For those out there who gave up with registering their 3DS serial # instead of PIN, I was able to get my download after calling Nintendo's customer service a few times. They said it was because my system was pretty new, though, so YMMV.

Oh, thanks! I wrote an e-mail and still haven't heard back from them, but I guess I could try calling tomorrow. Thanks again for the tip!

Megatron

I have 2 3ds's but not sure I can find either code. Will watch this thread and see what happens. No big deal either way for me though.

zulux21

I have 2 3ds's but not sure I can find either code. Will watch this thread and see what happens. No big deal either way for me though.

there has been some reported success on CAG of people who only have the serial number getting nintendo to accept them into the promotion. There hasn't been many cases of people trying to get in with just a serial number from what I have seen though, so the sample size is small... the majority people that have contacted nintendo seem to have 3ds they registered 1+ months ago bitching at nintendo for pokemon now since they bought a 3ds and one of those games in the past :/

Ramma2

What a great deal, only just caught it on reddit last night. Got it all registered and downloaded on my son's 3DS before I went to bed and I'm not going to tell him that I did, I'll just let him discover it on his own and be amazed.

maxcriden

What a great deal, only just caught it on reddit last night. Got it all registered and downloaded on my son's 3DS before I went to bed and I'm not going to tell him that I did, I'll just let him discover it on his own and be amazed.

That's really sweet. Let us know how he reacts!

Hasney

Well I need a US 2DS since we'll never see SMT or Rune Factory here. May do this with Yoshi's Island and then sell the Pokemon code.

Crazyorloco

You're an awesome dad. If my daughter was older I would do this too. (She's only 2)

Top Bottom