• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

MrBig said:
ffffffffff
e: it also seems that no avatar extras work with it yet. No more noble 6 helmet and sparky flying around :C

wat. But I love my Noble 6 helmet and Monitor buddy :(

Diablohead said:
I don't think so, no stacking.

I'm almost positive render minutes do stack.

I've got some ideas for an Invasion map on Forge World that I'll be working on tomorrow and Friday. If I make good time, I might have something ready for customs.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Ha, oh man. Played some hilariously epic BTB game tonight. BTB on Paradisio with a pre-made party when the other team is a bunch of scrubby randoms is too hilarious.

First thing, I grab the tank, and their loaded up warthog comes screaming over the hill. It's like... dude, you DO know there is a tank on this map, right? :lol So I ease around the corner, and manage to get two shots off on THEIR tank before it gets one off on mine. So now we have an uninjured tank wreaking havoc in their base, and I couldn't help but spawn kill them :lol

It was 36 - 10 after a few minutes. My buddy got a Vehicular Manslaughter medal, which I didn't think I would ever see in the normal competitive medal list.

In that same game I was on foot, when a warthog comes screaming by me. He comes back for another pass (he has no gunner), and I throw a sticky, trying to stick the hog. Instead it lands DIRECTLY on the dude's face. We already had double their score and after the warthog driver face stick I lol'd pretty much the rest of the match :lol

Wanna know the weirdest thing? Look at the 'Carnage' tab for that game, and total up our kills:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=136273431&player=ErrorJustin

We had 89 kills, even though our score was only 75. No way we had 14 suicides, is there? I can't figure out what happened. The biggest discrepency is with me. My "score" is 24, but I had 30 kills...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oooh man had such a good day 2 days ago, reinvigorated. Today

swat
swat
snipers
snipers
snipers

rounded out a -20 or so for the evening. Awww yeah.

edit: Just rechecked and it runs out snipers were the modes I was winning :lol. More due to the bitches that didn't win the snipers vote quitting right away on the slayer matches though me thinks.

Game needs more maps as well, I quite like countdown powerhouse and asylum but the rest ar ea bit meh. I HATE the cage, played swat on that and some freak on the other team headshot me 6 times before I had even done spawning. ridiculous.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
theultimo said:
Well, Hackers are hitting Team Objective...

0-25 in one drop when he had 10 skulls....

Here is the video:
https://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4049709&player=theultimos

Here is the game stats:
https://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?guid=10316203258674058745

Doesn't add up at all. Its too bad hacking is getting as bad as it is.

:lol :lol :lol

Please educate yourself before you immediately jump to conclusions. People do this all the time and it's hilarious, but it gives the game a bad rap.

he did not hack, he got a skullamanjaro, 10+ skulls in one cap wins the game.

theultimo

LAUGHTREY said:

Please educate yourself before you immediately jump to conclusions. People do this all the time and it's hilarious, but it gives the game a bad rap.

Wait, really? :lol NVM then. I don't usually play team objective, its the first i've seen. So much rage over nothing :lol

zewone

Wow. I was gone for a day, and my video I posted of my rocket rejection has went from 15 downloads to nearly 300.

Pretty cool.

Wow. My K/D in Arena is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than it is in standard matchmaking. :lol

My Invasion K/D is AWESOME though (and yes, so is my W/L...I'm just picking up kills instead of focusing on the objectives).

Lunchbox

Banned
theultimo said:
Wait, really? :lol NVM then. I don't usually play team objective, its the first i've seen. So much rage over nothing :lol

no you were right the first time. he's one of the hackers himself so he's trying to confuse you. if you see someone doing that send them nasty messages

big ander

Lunchbox said:
no you were right the first time. he's one of the hackers himself so he's trying to confuse you. if you see someone doing that send them nasty messages
Lunchbox is lying, he was telling the truth
(except I'm one of the hackers and I just want you to think that)
but since I said that maybe I'm not

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
GDJustin said:
Wanna know the weirdest thing? Look at the 'Carnage' tab for that game, and total up our kills:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=136273431&player=ErrorJustin

We had 89 kills, even though our score was only 75. No way we had 14 suicides, is there? I can't figure out what happened. The biggest discrepency is with me. My "score" is 24, but I had 30 kills...

Anyone? How does a game to 75 end with our team having 89 kills? And how do I have a score of 24, despite having 30 kills and no penalties?

theultimo

big ander said:
Lunchbox is lying, he was telling the truth
(except I'm one of the hackers and I just want you to think that)
but since I said that maybe I'm not
:lol I looked it up. Nice try though :lol

1. headshots 1737
2. assist 843
3. revenge 537
4. sniper kill 362
5. pummel 334
6. multi-kill 273
7. reload this 265
8. killing spree 163

inv/arena/comp

droppedbear

Neo Member
Just wondering what the highest score anyone here has for their Highest Official Score (In Career Service Record) for Firefight matchmaking?
My best so far is 23582 in Sniper Attack where I managed not to die during it. Also have notched up 1,245 Headshot kills (thank you Guntpocalypse) and 492 Double Kills.

Man, these 15 minute breaks Bungie gives you for quitting when the bullshit gets to be too much to handle are great. Grab beer, watch some tv, and by the time the itch to play again comes back, the ban is over.

You know, after playing through the campaign again I find it hillarious and sad that every cutscene noble team takes their helmets off, yet the characters are still pretty shallow. It's like Bungie figured Master Chief was only a bland character because he never took his helmet off. Every cutscene feels like Bungie is saying hey look you can see their faces! These characters are so human and deep! I mean, just look at their faces! Still the best Halo campaign, but it just seems they over compensated too much.

Kapura

Banned
dslgunstar said:
Man, these 15 minute breaks Bungie gives you for quitting when the bullshit gets to be too much to handle are great. Grab beer, watch some tv, and by the time the itch to play again comes back, the ban is over.
working as intended? In MY bungie game? More likely than you might think.

Voltron64

dslgunstar said:
I can't wait for when the real bans start. You ready?

Voltron64 said:
I can't wait for when the real bans start. You ready?

Can someone explain the quit ban thing? Is it an automatic 15 minute ban whenever you quit? I agree with this in principle, as the one dude that constantly bitches here seems like a sore loser. BUT, shouldn't the bans be targeted at habitual quitters, like if you quit 3 matches in a single day you get banned for however long. The reason I ask this is because sometimes unexpected shit happens. Do I risk a permaban if my power goes out? If my friends jump online and want me to join a party should I not back out? Say mom or work calls and I have to stop everything I'm doing and run out? God forbid I have to suddenly take a massive shit. Do I just let the game run idle?

LAUGHTREY said:

I actually got a skulamanjaro or whatever tonight and it suprised me. I had 0 skulls and killed this guy with a bunch, nowhere near 25. It was like 9 or 10. Anyway, I jumped in the scoring circle and won. Why is it an auto 25 skulls? That's kind of dumb.

Kujo

Anyone experiencing people trying to standby? I feel like it's happened in games I've played quite a few times now

theultimo

Mojo said:
Anyone experiencing people trying to standby? I feel like it's happened in games I've played quite a few times now
Yup, its getting more prevalent for games. Hey, free kills for the other team? Sure! Credits aren't that hard to get :|

Kujo

theultimo said:
Yup, its getting more prevalent for games. Hey, free kills for the other team? Sure!
And it seems they can make people lag out of the game too (which sucks because this counts towards the quit ban). Plus respawning power weapons/vehicles once getting out of the standby screen. I saw a guy waiting right near the tank spawn - Connecting, Starting Game - oh look, he's now got the tank.

Bungie FIX YOUR GAME!

A mate of mine was trying to upload some screenshots of his new map, but because he was playing on Assault, but it wouldn't let him...why?

Because Ass is part of the word. It's your gametype Bungie, if you've banned the word, don't put it in the bloody game.

Really dumb.

Sikamikanico said:
Bungie FIX YOUR GAME!

A mate of mine was trying to upload some screenshots of his new map, but because he was playing on Assault, but it wouldn't let him...why?

Because Ass is part of the word. It's your gametype Bungie, if you've banned the word, don't put it in the bloody game.

Really dumb.

Ha. Wow, that is hilariously inept.

Magni

Top medals:

Code:
[U]Arena:[/U]
1. Headshot    386
2. Assist      225
3. Revenge     114
4. Pummel      62
5. Avenger     54

[U]Competitive:[/U]
1. Headshot    497
2. Assist      166
3. Sniper Kill 99
4. Pummel      98
5. Double Kill 97

And yeah, fix assists, the biggest problem is the timer, no need for it. If I'm the one to put a guy one shot before he gets killed, regardless of whether it's 1s or 10s before his death, I should get the assist. That five seconds rule is stupid.

Concerning the 40% damage evoked by Bungie, 40% doesn't equal 2 DMR shots since in their calculations, they don't count the DMR as a 5SK. They're counting damage done/total hit points, since the last shot in a 5SK is an instant kill (unshielded headshot), you'd think the first two shots were 40%, but they aren't. Stupid, I know.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MagniHarvald said:
And yeah, fix assists, the biggest problem is the timer, no need for it. If I'm the one to put a guy one shot before he gets killed, regardless of whether it's 1s or 10s before his death, I should get the assist. That five seconds rule is stupid.

Well you need a time limit in this system. What if you bring a guy to one shot, he runs away and isn't killed until a minute later. You shouldn't get the assist. I do think however the timer system wasn't necessarily the way to go with assist calculation but at this point it's too late. The timer I believe should be increased.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GillianSeed79 said:
I actually got a skulamanjaro or whatever tonight and it suprised me. I had 0 skulls and killed this guy with a bunch, nowhere near 25. It was like 9 or 10. Anyway, I jumped in the scoring circle and won. Why is it an auto 25 skulls? That's kind of dumb.
Look at it this way, it is an amazing feat that you were able to get 10 skulls (or more) in at once into the scoring area and because you did that, you should win automatically, yeah.. I know. Whatever, I never liked headhunter anyway.

Magni

Tashi0106 said:
Well you need a time limit in this system. What if you bring a guy to one shot, he runs away and isn't killed until a minute later. You shouldn't get the assist. I do think however the timer system wasn't necessarily the way to go with assist calculation but at this point it's too late. The timer I believe should be increased.

Why? The shield recharges and there are health packs all over, why add a timer to all of this?

Just played my first game of Elite Slayer, won by a pretty comfortable margin, but damn this shit is just unfun..

/\

Cause if he's back to full and health full shields by the time he gets killed, then it's as if you never did anything to him in the first place.

The time needs to go up a bit, and the damage percentage needs to go down. If I even put ONE shot into a guy that my teammate is battling with, I've just assisted him. That's one less shot he has to put into the enemy, and one shot that the enemy has to make up for.

And yes, it should be possible for multiple people to get assists in on a kill. If you're a full team and you're teamshotting a guy, EVERYBODY is contributing. EVERYBODY is making that final kill easier.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Ha. Wow, that is hilariously inept.

Speaking of inept, can we just forget Pinnacle exists and yank that shit out of every playlist please? It's absolutely horrid by every measure of map design and combat flow.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
dslgunstar said:
You've just summed up Bungie in a nutshell.

Speaking of inept, can we just forget Pinnacle exists and yank that shit out of every playlist please? It's absolutely horrid by every measure of map design and combat flow.

The only forge maps I can even stand are Asylum and Paradiso. I could live without any of the others.

In fact, a LOT of the maps kinda suck. Spire is useless on any mode besides straight Invasion, Hemorrhage is incredibly broken and unfun on almost every mode, and The Cage makes me want to kill myself.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
It should be the time it takes to regen shields.

Tashi

MagniHarvald said:
Why? The shield recharges and there are health packs all over, why add a timer to all of this?

I'm not sure we're on the same page. I'm saying that the timer is already the system in place and it's probably too late to change the way assists are calculated. I think we agree the timer system wasn't the best way to go though. I don't agree with you when you say it doesn't matter if the kill is made 1 second or 10 seconds after I've put in enough damage to the enemy. I'm saying that it DOES matter. There has to be a limit in this system. I don't think that it should be 5 seconds though. I'm not exactly sure what it should be, I can't really test it myself.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Trasher said:
It should be the time it takes to regen shields.

Essentially. Shield regen should reset the assist flag. As long as another player hits him within the same shield pop that you kill him, he should get an assist, no matter what.

Magni

Sikamikanico said:
Bungie FIX YOUR GAME!

Really dumb.

Was like that for Halo 3 as well. What the fuck? Halo is an M rated game, cut the fucking censure out. I understand banning racist/homophobic/etc stuff out, but "ass"? Whatcha got against donkeys ffs?

edit: Multi-Team: 6 DKs, 1TK, 1OK, there we go :D

Shoogoo

thetrin said:
The only forge maps I can even stand are Asylum and Paradiso. I could live without any of the others.

In fact, a LOT of the maps kinda suck. Spire is useless on any mode besides straight Invasion, Hemorrhage is incredibly broken and unfun on almost every mode, and The Cage makes me want to kill myself.

You've got good taste. But even on infection I hate spire. It basically is some rocks and a camping pillar

Magni

dslgunstar said:
/\

Cause if he's back to full and health full shields by the time he gets killed, then it's as if you never did anything to him in the first place.

The time needs to go up a bit, and the damage percentage needs to go down. If I even put ONE shot into a guy that my teammate is battling with, I've just assisted him. That's one less shot he has to put into the enemy, and one shot that the enemy has to make up for.

And yes, it should be possible for multiple people to get assists in on a kill. If you're a full team and you're teamshotting a guy, EVERYBODY is contributing. EVERYBODY is making that final kill easier.

I'm talking about the case where he is still one shot, if his shields are back up, why would we even talk about an assist?

Tashi0106 said:
I'm not sure we're on the same page. I'm saying that the timer is already the system in place and it's probably too late to change the way assists are calculated. I think we agree the timer system wasn't the best way to go though. I don't agree with you when you say it doesn't matter if the kill is made 1 second or 10 seconds after I've put in enough damage to the enemy. I'm saying that it DOES matter. There has to be a limit in this system. I don't think that it should be 5 seconds though. I'm not exactly sure what it should be, I can't really test it myself.

If I put a guy one shot, and he is killed ten seconds later while still one shot, why shouldn't it count as an assist?

.nimrod

Devin Olsen said:
FIX UR SHIT BUNGIE
http://imgur.com/T6n2O.png
just sayin...

What I think is happening here (likely why you're confused) is you're being credited a triple + double kill for an overkill... Same with a triple kill you get the double kill reward as well.

I may be wrong, but either way you certainly had more than five multi-kills

edit: edited out your GT for privacy reason, just in case

I'm pretty late on this, but thanks for the explanation, makes sense now.

Also, does anybody know if we can pull our own stats throught commandline inputs for Rainmeter/Geektool?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dslgunstar said:
Pinnacle is not called The Cage, your argument is invalid.

panda21

Mojo said:
And it seems they can make people lag out of the game too (which sucks because this counts towards the quit ban). Plus respawning power weapons/vehicles once getting out of the standby screen. I saw a guy waiting right near the tank spawn - Connecting, Starting Game - oh look, he's now got the tank.

AAAAAAAGHHHHH

i will be seriously pissed if people start doing this a lot. i thought it doesnt actually display the host though so theres no way to know who can suspend it? or does it just do that if anyones connection gets too bad?

i didnt notice the vehicles respawn either, that seems really stupid since you keep the vehicle you are in when it suspends? why would it do that?

fix this shit gorilla

thetrin

Plywood said:
Pinnacle is not called The Cage, your argument is invalid.

Pinnacle Team Sniper is basically the worst thing ever created. SWAT on The Cage is almost as horrific.

And this is coming from someone who LOVES SWAT on Paradiso, Reflections and Asylum.

Kujo

panda21 said:
i didnt notice the vehicles respawn either, that seems really stupid since you keep the vehicle you are in when it suspends? why would it do that?
I don't think they'll respawn if someone's currently in one, but if they've been destroyed then they'll usually respawn when the game resumes.

Tashi

MagniHarvald said:
If I put a guy one shot, and he is killed ten seconds later while still one shot, why shouldn't it count as an assist?

Well it's important to ask this, how is he still one shot?

If he's hiding and is perfectly safe, it won't take 10 seconds for his shields to fully recharge.

Let's say as his shields are beginning to come back about 7 seconds later, a teammate accidentally throws a grenade near by and he is brought back down to no shields. Then about 5 seconds later he's cleaned up. Do you really deserve to get the assist in that situation?

What if you put him to one shot, and he's running away and just as his shields are at about half way, he gets hit by a teammate of yours and his shields are dropped again. Then about 5 seconds later a grenade kills him from another teammate of yours. Who gets the assist in that situation? You after you dropped his shields 20 seconds ago? I would say yes but that could potentially go on and on until the match ends. Your teammate who kept his shields off? Should anyone get the assist?

It's a difficult judgment call to make. I wish I knew exactly what Halo 3's system was, I liked that one a lot more. It must have also been time based but how come it worked better?

Magni

Tashi0106 said:
Well it's important to ask this, how is he still one shot?

If he's hiding and is perfectly safe, it won't take 10 seconds for his shields to fully recharge.

Let's say as his shields are beginning to come back about 7 seconds later, a teammate accidentally throws a grenade near by and he is brought back down to no shields. Then about 5 seconds later he's cleaned up. Do you really deserve to get the assist in that situation?

What if you put him to one shot, and he's running away and just as his shields are at about half way, he gets hit by a teammate of yours and his shields are dropped again. Then about 5 seconds later a grenade kills him from another teammate of yours. Who gets the assist in that situation? You after you dropped his shields 20 seconds ago? I would say yes but that could potentially go on and on until the match ends. Your teammate who kept his shields off? Should anyone get the assist?

It's a difficult judgment call to make. I wish I knew exactly what Halo 3's system was, I liked that one a lot more. It must have also been time based but how come it worked better?

In your example, you and the first teammate should both get the assist IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom