• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER the dArk knight rises UnmaRked spOileR threAd | You only legend once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

There is a Zimmer thread going on right now too. I haven't seen much soundtrack discussion. In my opinion, BB takes the cake in this area.

By far. TDKR's score is downright poor, having listened to it several times now. Almost every good cue is one recycled from BB.

Scores: BB > TDK >>>>>>>>>>>>>> TDKR

Arment

Do you guys seriously want another sequel? Despite me not being satisfied with the ending I really don't want to downplay all the events that went in TDKR which a sequel will inevitably do.

I'd take a Nightwing spinoff set 5 years into the future to account for JGL training and taking over Wayne Enterprises with Michael Caine.

So is there seriously no OST track out there that has the chanting when Bruce makes the final climb? Stop telling me what you think it might be by the titles because you're wrong. Somebody GIVE IT TO ME.

Eidan

Do you guys seriously want another sequel? Despite me not being satisfied with the ending I really don't want to downplay all the events that went in TDKR which a sequel will inevitably do.

Nope. I don't even want another Batman movie, but I know it's inevitable. We'll once again return to neon lights and Batman credit cards.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Someone compared TDKR to an old roller coaster that could easily fall apart at any moment, that's perfect. A lot of the things in the movie shouldn't work (and some of it doesn't), but it just comes together so well in the end.

Yeah good description

Wayne isn't the most curious guy in the world. Evidently he doesn't watch the news much either.

You can do this throughout the entire series. Like I've said. Hand the franchise over to Moffat. I doubt he wants it, but I don't care. Make him do it. I'd say give it to Dini or Loeb or someone, but there seems to be this fear of letting actual comic writers write movie scripts.

Solo

I think it really depends on how much money it makes. I read an interview where Bale said he would be willing to try a fourth film.

The studio has an option for a 4th Bale film. But not for Nolan or anyone else. If they were being real dicks, they could FORCE Bale into another. But they won't. Why would they?

Only if Nolan came back though, I believe is what he said.

So... when's the DVD/BR release?

Based on TDK, it will be the first week of December.

So is there going to be another movie in this series. Directed by someone else? Or is this the end?

There really can't be a squeal. Sure they could focus on "Robin" but I feel like the public would not receive that well. If they did one about Bruce it would totally ruin all of Nolan's character development; the whole point of the ending was him leaving the cowl.

Also, Nolan won't do another.

You can do this throughout the entire series. Like I've said. Hand the franchise over to Moffat. I doubt he wants it, but I don't care. Make him do it. I'd say give it to Dini or Loeb or someone, but there seems to be this fear of letting actual comic writers write movie scripts.
Loeb is a crazy person.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I'm growing to feel like I'm gonna be one of the few feeling more impressed by Bane than Joker, for several reasons here.

the fact that Bane executed his plan so succinctly and masterfully was a gift and a curse. He DOMINATES this film for a LONG TIME. That's the idea. The Joker was far more ADD about his ambitions. He accomplished less and failed as well. He was even around to know he failed completely. And the fact that he is in so much of his movie gives him favor with a lot of people out here. But for me, the fact that Bane got his shit on lock in one straight shot was terrifying, as it should be to anyone. He had the whole fucking thing locked in less than 10 minutes. And then he just spends the rest of the film toying with people. It was sick it was dark, it was nuts. It was the moment Joker hoped to create at the end of his film and never did, and it lasted for MOST OF THIS FILM. I loved it. Reflecting back on it, looking past the performances where Heath had so much more to do on top of creating his own role, and just looking at what each villain actually accomplished, I dunno, to me, Bane is just that clear winner at this point. He's the only villain who never saw his plan actually fail.

Gila

Can't remember the last time a movie made my nerves as bad as this one. It was relentless

Let's give a thanks for Nolan for giving us the best Bruce Wayne story you could ask for on film.

jea5M.png

Sojgat

The studio has an option for a 4th Bale film. But not for Nolan or anyone else. If they were being real dicks, they could FORCE Bale into another. But they won't. Why would they?

If it does TDK business WB might not want to risk a reboot and instead cash in earlier on a fourth film that's more of a sure thing. It's a big "if" though.

I have a few complaints but the one that annoyed me the most was the sound, sometimes it took my brain an extra sec to make out what Bane said and on a few occasions i was like WTF did he say, the way he spoke in the beginning of the movie was fucking perfect, then there were times when the score was higher than the actors voice, like when Cat Woman was leading Batman to the trap a few times I barely heard what she was saying to him...

Red

I'm growing to feel like I'm gonna be one of the few feeling more impressed by Bane than Joker, for several reasons here.

the fact that Bane executed his plan so succinctly and masterfully was a gift and a curse. He DOMINATES this film for a LONG TIME. That's the idea. The Joker was far more ADD about his ambitions. He accomplished less and failed as well. He was even around to know he failed completely. And the fact that he is in so much of his movie gives him favor with a lot of people out here. But for me, the fact that Bane got his shit on lock in one straight shot was terrifying, as it should be to anyone. He had the whole fucking thing locked in less than 10 minutes. And then he just spends the rest of the film toying with people. It was sick it was dark, it was nuts. It was the moment Joker hoped to create at the end of his film and never did, and it lasted for MOST OF THIS FILM. I loved it. Reflecting back on it, looking past the performances where Heath had so much more to do on top of creating his own role, and just looking at what each villain actually accomplished, I dunno, to me, Bane is just that clear winner at this point. He's the only villain who never saw his plan actually fail.
Well, Talia's plan.

But I get what you're saying, and I kind of agree. I have a small problem with the movie logic change between TDK and TDKR, where the citizens of Gotham seem to have lost their will to fight in the face of adversity. There was no ferry scene here. The cops + heroes need to save the day.

I have an issue with parts of the theme. I am not sure what the message is. Bane succeeds by incapacitating the rich. Everyone gives up when he does that.

SpeedingUptoStop

I loved Bane's Blackgate speech/montage. Dude was a complete boss during that.
My jaw was just open the whole time. He had complete control over everything.Joker talked his way out of things, Bane convinced you you already lost.

Do you feel like you're in control right now?

Gimme that 4th Robin film. JGL was a tour de Force, really stand out class of acting. Stern without ever being overstated. The ending was fan-service sure but it had the Shawshank effect; Bruce deserved his happy ending.

Also its a shame Heath passed. I would have loved a reprisal of the Joker going to town on the abandoned city streets.

artist

Banned
So is there seriously no OST track out there that has the chanting when Bruce makes the final climb? Stop telling me what you think it might be by the titles because you're wrong. Somebody GIVE IT TO ME.
Imagine the fire, 4:00 onwards .. my fav bit. DM posted it a week ago and got me hooked, cant get it out of my head.

Dead

well not really...yet
Well, Talia's plan.

But I get what you're saying, and I kind of agree. I have a small problem with the movie logic change between TDK and TDKR, where the citizens of Gotham seem to have lost their will to fight in the face of adversity. There was no ferry scene here. The cops + heroes need to save the day.
thank god for that

I loved Bane's Blackgate speech/montage. Dude was a complete boss during that.

That was one of the most uncomfortable moments for me. The entire thing was so logically inconsistent.

The whole plot about how Dent's story being a "lie" doesn't make much sense to me either. Harvey going crazy doesn't mean you shouldn't have locked away the mob.... The scene with Gordon gushing about trying to keep his hands clean just seemed off as a result as well.

Solo

.....and then Rhas stepped out for 2 minutes of screentime and showed how strong his pimphand is, even from beyond the grave.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but when Miranda and Bruce are talking about the fusion device, she talks about "restoring balance". That's when I knew she was Talia.

-Ra's disappearing was stupid
-Alfred's dialogue at the gravesite was cut way too short so I couldn't get emotionally invested
-Bane's death was so fucking stupid, anti-climactic and horribly shot/edited
-Talia's reveal was way too close to the end, and like Bane died in a very anti-climactic way
-Nolan still cannot direct action
-lots of jarring running shots that try to simulate intensity
-actually showing Bruce at the cafe at the end was god awful terribly stupid-- we would have "gotten it" without that shot
-entire third act felt like a 24 season finale with cliche ticking time bomb
-flying the Bat away from Gotham with the bomb was just weird and felt out of place
-Alfred leaving, I didn't buy it (though the scene was good)
-Selina's friend served no purpose
-too many great moments get the shaft in editing while more cumbersome things take their time
-couldn't make out half of Bane's dialogue
-Talia was underdeveloped and left no impression on me

And this is just after one screening. Super let down by this.

Megasoum

Banned
I really liked the movie and loved the ending.

I did see the Talia twist coming MILES away which kinda ruined parts of the movie for me... Parts of it I think are because when Marion Cottillard was first announced for the movie all the rumors were saying she was playing Talia until the studios denied it.

Bane was good. It's no Joker but I never expected they could top that anyway.

Anne Hatthaway was surprisingly good. No stupid cat puns or anything like that.

Alfred was great too. Amazing performance with ton of emotions.

Jiggle was great as always.

I gotta say, the first time you hear THE music when you first see Batman (on the bike) gave me chills. Such amazing music.

Oh yeah and finally, I was laughing my ass off on the line "Oh, so that how it feels" hahahaha

By far. TDKR's score is downright poor, having listened to it several times now. Almost every good cue is one recycled from BB.

Scores: BB > TDK >>>>>>>>>>>>>> TDKR

Glad to see that someone agrees with me.

The beginning of this track is incredible. BB's soundtrack conveyed so much more emotion, especially during moments focused on Bruce. TDK did not focus on Bruce nor did the soundtrack convey much emotion other than Zimmers' signature action sound. TDKR really focused on Bruce and I would have loved to have heard something that echoed BB.

Dead

well not really...yet
Glad to see that someone agrees with me.

The beginning of this track is incredible. BB's soundtrack conveyed so much more emotion, especially during moments focused on Bruce. TDK did not focus on Bruce nor did the soundtrack convey much emotion other than Zimmers' signature action sound. TDKR really focused on Bruce and I would have loved to have heard something that echoed BB.
What you linked is clearly a JNH composition, so that kinda says it all right there

There was an amazing reprise of that theme on the TDK soundtrack, but unfortunately it wasn't used in the film.

I kinda wish scarecrow had his mask on when he was presiding though. Guy looks super intense with it.

The only issue I had with Banes voice was the super clarity and the inconsisstent accent. Sounded like a bad impression most of the time

SpeedingUptoStop

-Alfred leaving, I didn't buy it (though the scene was good)
nope. Can't accept this. This scene was a long time coming. Just about the most affecting shit I've seen with regards to two characters I care deeply about.

EVER SINCE I HEARD HIS VOICE RINGING THROUGH THESE HALLS

:_(

watershed

Banned
I just realized something that doesn't sit too well with me. None of the important good guys died. For what is basically a war movie, even a pg-13 war movie that's a little disappointing. I think they included Matthew Modine's character just so he could be killed. Reminds me of Return of the King in that regard.

Did you not watch the end of the movie?.....

Yeah, I watched the end of the film.

Robin takes up the cowl. So the next film would be about JGL finding his way as the new Batman aka Batman Begins Again?

Taking the little Latino kid from the orphanage under his wing and building a new B&R mythos?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There really can't be a squeal. Sure they could focus on "Robin" but I feel like the public would not receive that well. If they did one about Bruce it would totally ruin all of Nolan's character development; the whole point of the ending was him leaving the cowl.

Also, Nolan won't do another.

While it would be hard for the public to bite, a movie starting John Blake as Nightwing could work. They could also pull a bit from some of the recent comics, and have John Blake just take up the role of Batman, similar to Dick Grayson taking up the role a few times.

I don't even know what to call the character to be honest though. What is his name, Robin Johnson Blake Greyson?

Did other people have an issue w/ Bane's voice as in being able to understand it? I didn't have any issues :eek:

I'd say about 15-20% of the lines were lost on me, but that wasn't exclusive to Bane. I missed a couple lines that Gordon said too at some point. Certain sounds drowned out some of the dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom