• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump can't book talent for inauguration. Trump Tweet: Nuh uh, your face!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

Good. But motherfuck any group or artist that voted for him but doesn't want to be seen in public with him. Own your shit, you gutless clowns.

If every Rockette boycotted this... surely they couldn't fire them all, right? Anyway, I hope the financial repercussions are dire for the owner for daring to force his staff to perform for this garbage president.

Loxley

This oddly reminds me of my high school graduation.The teacher who was originally scheduled to give the keynote speech was fired months before because the school found his teaching methods to be too weird. He was a young economics teacher and an awesome guy that all the students loved because he was kind of a goofball (it was our own lame version of Dead Poet's Society).

Apparently all of the other faculty liked him to, because after he was fired every single teacher at the school refused to take his place at our graduation out of protest. So, no joke, the only person left that the school could get to do the keynote was our head janitor. The best part? He killed. Like, you could tell this guy knew this would be the only time he would ever asked to give words of wisdom to an auditorium of graduating seniors, so he made the most of it. He was hilarious and his speech was very inspiring. He capped the whole thing off with a karaoke performance of It's Your Thing by The Isley Brothers - with our school band playing the backing music.

Though Trump's inauguration could never possibly be that cool, no matter what desperate, last-ditch "talent" he manages to find.

amanset

https://youtu.be/uvApnxZ4hRg

Gonna be fucking difficult to follow this act, Donny.

I'll always have a soft spot for Pete Seeger singing This Land is Your Land.

A man that was blacklisted for his political views in the 50s and early 60s, basically having to go abroad to make money as no one would book him for anything, stood at the Lincoln Memorial and sang all the words, including the lesser used

There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me;
The sign was painted, it said private property;
But on the back side it didn't say nothing;
That side was made for you and me.

A bit more about it here:
http://scienceblogs.com/effectmeasure/2009/01/21/this-land-is-your-land-the-for/

Betruzki

Neo Member
Steven Seagal would be an appropriate "talent" for the occasion. Also, he and Putin are best buds - Seagal was granted Russian citizenship by Putin on November 3.

steven-seagal-on-triple-m-628.jpg

DaMan121

This oddly reminds me of my high school graduation.The teacher who was originally scheduled to give the keynote speech was fired months before because the school found his teaching methods to be too weird. He was a young economics teacher and an awesome guy that all the students loved because he was kind of a goofball (it was our own lame version of Dead Poet's Society).

Apparently all of the other faculty liked him to, because after he was fired every single teacher at the school refused to take his place at our graduation out of protest. So, no joke, the only person left that the school could get to do the keynote was our head janitor. The best part? He killed. Like, you could tell this guy knew this would be the only time he would ever asked to give words of wisdom to an auditorium of graduating seniors, so he made the most of it. He was hilarious and his speech was very inspiring. He capped the whole thing off with a karaoke performance of It's Your Thing by The Isley Brothers - with our school band playing the backing music.

Though Trump's inauguration could never possibly be that cool, no matter what desperate, last-ditch "talent" he manages to find.

Haha. Great story

Stasis

Fucking Dolan. I'm a Rangers fan. This annoys me. Forcing them into this. =/

Also lol @ getting Celine to sign on. That's hilarious. Living in Montreal I haven't met a single person who isn't in total shock, anger or worry (or some mix of all, usually) about his election. I know money talks, but she don't need any.

Fuck him and anyone who goes. He can get all the Kid Rocks of the world. Kanye performing would be amazing. Was a huge fan of his older stuff and I recognize the talent, but I couldn't possibly dislike him more, I thought. This would do it.

Stasis

Trump probably played Saint's Row 3 and decided that he needed Kanye on his team so he could walk out to "Power."

That's the perfect fucking track. Some of the lyrics in there... him and Trump on a stage together. Just the physical embodiment of shit I absolutely detest in one package.

It's so gross it is, in fact, amazing. It almost needs to happen.

edit: And Kanye can get away with it. His fans are just like the crazy Trump supporters in a way. Dude could shoot somebody (innocent) and they'd still defend his shit. Perfect marriage.

etrain911

That's the perfect fucking track. Some of the lyrics in there... him and Trump on a stage together. Just the physical embodiment of shit I absolutely detest in one package.

It's so gross it is, in fact, amazing. It almost needs to happen.

edit: And Kanye can get away with it. His fans are just like the crazy Trump supporters in a way. Dude could shoot somebody (innocent) and they'd still defend his shit. Perfect marriage.

Not only that but the song also already includes a "fuck SNL" shout out.

Monocle

That is awesome.

To be fair, any celebrity that supports Trump would pretty much lose any interest I had in them. I imagine a lot of artists just don't want to risk pissing off their fans.

I'm sure he'll find someone eventually.

The Rockettes are the p e r f e c t act for Trump's inauguration. Match made in heaven. They both embody that sort of faded attempt at grandiosity from days gone by that just ends up being trashy.

I'm talking about the act and the institution, of course - the people who work there are a separate matter.

Afrocious

It would be interesting if celebrity performers did a free concert in DC while the inauguration was going on. Or right next to it and being louder.

The Rockettes are the p e r f e c t act for Trump's inauguration. Match made in heaven. They both embody that sort of faded attempt at grandiosity from days gone by that just ends up being trashy.

I'm talking about the act and the institution, of course - the people who work there are a separate matter.

The act itself isn't trashy though. It's quite amazing.

Edit:
Guaranteed it's going to end up being Mike Love's scab Beach Boys and that's just fine. Mike Love and Donald Trump were made for each other and it's not like he can flush the Wilson brother's legacy down the toilet any further.

CjwCqASUgAA_Tv3.jpg

Yeaaaaah. As if we needed further proof that Mike Love is arguably the biggest asshole in music.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
It would be interesting if celebrity performers did a free concert in DC while the inauguration was going on. Or right next to it and being louder.
I hope the Freedom Concert hosted by Alec Baldwin impersonating Donald Trump becomes reality.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I hope the Freedom Concert hosted by Alec Baldwin impersonating Donald Trump becomes reality.

I want a mock inauguration with Alec Baldwin airing live at the same time. With a real concert.

Afrocious

Not to say the women should quit, but if one did, I'm sure people with or without celebs would make sure shed'd be taken care of until they could find another job - one that preferably wouldn't have to perform for Trump.

Not to say the women should quit, but if one did, I'm sure people with our without celebs would make sure shed'd be taken care of until they could find another job - one that preferably wouldn't have to perform for Trump.

Reading up on it Dancers who refuse to perform finding it extremely difficult to find other dancing jobs.

Making it as a professional Dancer is difficult.

These women are basically have no choice unless they want to literally give up their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom