• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's evangelical adviser: ‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.'

Galava

God: "Trump, I want you to declare war on NK"
Trump: "ofc god"

*Proceeds to declare war on NK*

God: "Yo chill it was just to know if you were stupid enough, did you not learn anything from Abraham?"

akira28

so does this take out KJU order from God mean like conventional warefare and lots of innocent people dead while we take him out with bombs, not exactly aimed at him?

Trump implying that God is bigly into collateral damage?

or has god told Trump to assassinate Kim Jong Un?

So, no pussy grabbing?

C'mon, buddy, I'm trying to sermonize here. You're supposed to ignore all possible contradictions, ambiguities, or incongruencies in my preaching and stay on-message!

At least until I've been dead for like, ten years, then obviously I want you to completely ignore any context for anything I've said for the sake of supporting whatever batshit insane point you want to make. Translate it to another language first using really liberal interpretations if you have to.

Glad to see this pastor being honest about the fact that he doesn't care about the teachings of Jesus in real-life.

didnt Bush 2 start the Iraq war because God told him to? so he could stop the biblical characters Gog and Magog (or sth)?

this is how America operates at the highest level, as a Christian extremist nation. not surprising.

It's not even a Christian extremist nation. People use being a Christian as an excuse to do terrible things, that they know are terrible, because they're bad people.

Nerazar

after-calling-for-the-us-to-get-down-to-business-trump-goes-on-his-23rd-golfing-trip-of-his-19-weeks-in-office.jpg

Say what now?

If his argument is that Romans 13 says that established powers are god given and as such, Trump has god's approval, they might keep reading and realize tax cuts and tax evasion are pretty fucking blasphemous as they're god's tribute.

At the same time... is every "established power" god given? ISIS as well? Iran as well? North Korea, also?

akira28

So trump takes all his advice from the biggest FAKE NEWS of them all.

american wahhabists almost. the conditions have to be right for the return of the son of god, lots of sinners and war and death, etc. The last time they predicted the rapture in the 1800s they looked bad, so this time they're going to make sure god will come back.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Fuck this is George W Bush all over again aint it?
At least Bush was a real Christian. Trump is a completely irreligious user of religion for cynical ends.

Though, I don't know if that's better or worse.

At the same time... is every "established power" god given? ISIS as well? Iran as well? North Korea, also?

I can field this one: obviously the mandate of heaven applies only to god-fearing nations.

(Please ignore that the US is technically a secular nation, that ISIS and Iran are technically god-fearing nations, and the seven or so other obvious logical fallacies in this explanation.)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
According to Trump's evangelical adviser, Romans 13 in the Bible gives Trump the full authority of God to take out North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un and this advisor seriously believes God put Trump in office as POTUS: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...says/?tid=pm_local_pop&utm_term=.88ec38b87da4
Didn't Bush and Blair use similar rhetoric when they invaded Iraq? I'm sure the God/battling evil excuse was used then too.

Only difference here is of course if NK were attacked, Seoul is toast. I'm sure even Trump realises the risks despite his stupid Twitter threats.

Thaedolus

When he won the election my greatest fear was we'd have an irradiated Korean Peninsula by 2018. My buddy thought I was nuts. But at least I'll get to say I told you so?

This is fucking crazy

Ri'Orius

God: "Trump, I want you to declare war on NK"
Trump: "ofc god"

*Proceeds to declare war on NK*

God: "Yo chill it was just to know if you were stupid enough, did you not learn anything from Abraham?"

...isn't the lesson of Abraham "if God tells you to kill your son, do it?"

At least Bush was a real Christian. Trump is a completely irreligious user of religion for cynical ends.

Eh, politician Bush used Christianity to his convenience. The fact that, unlike Trump, citizen Bush actually believed some of the same stuff he exploited as a politician is largely immaterial.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Physically feeling ill from hearing/seeing the astounding amount of shit happening in the US and now reading about this shit.

First of all this is when rulers were kings and were given their right to rule by god, not the peoples. So this doesn't apply.

Secondly WHAT IN THE HOLY MONKEY BALLS FUCKING JESUS SHIT CHRIST TITY WHORES OF LOST WASN'T AS CRAZY AND CONFUSING AS THIS SHIT IS NAME OF GIANT SPAGHETTI MONSTER IS THIS BULL SHIT!

Trump is off his fucking rocker and we all need to abandon ship fast.

I mean, I'm ok with someone finally taking out NK, that state has done things far worse than anything the Nazis ever did and for a much longer time. If the US did go to war, I doubt China and Russia would back up NK at this point.

But doing it because GOD TOLD YOU YOU COULD? I-I-Words fail me. This is some of the scariest shit I've ever heard. This has the potential of becoming a nuclear conflict and this is the reason why it should happen? At least Stalin or Hitler made owned their crimes against humanity.

Its the same. Thats religion for you. You have those that beleive it and will do attrocities in the name of it and those who laugh at it but will petrend to beleive in it because it excuses their attricities.

In his sermon on the morning of Trump’s inauguration, Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, compared Trump to the story of the biblical leader Nehemiah who helped rebuild the city of Jerusalem.

The first step of rebuilding the nation, Jeffress said, was the building of a wall around Jerusalem to protect its citizens. “You see, God is not against building walls,” Jeffress said in his sermon at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington.

Replace tower with wall:
"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.'"
- Luke 14:28-30

...isn't the lesson of Abraham "if God tells you to kill your son, do it?"
I think the lesson is more along the line that he had so much faith that he was willing to do it but that God wouldnt actually want you to kill your son for him. Which is why he stopped him. Its used to illustrate a deep devotion.

Some people even interpret the story that it was the Devil posing as god that asked him to kill his son and god sent an angel to stop him before he did it.

I think Lot got it worse.

And I'll just add that since god did not allow him to go through with it and then later down the road ended up giving up his own son as a sacrifice.. its quite the parable.

is it possible GabeN can attach a nextgen Vive onto Trumps head while he's asleep and keep him in a virtual world where everyone loves him, he builds a 20 foot see-through wall across the entire southern border, and where everyone in asia loves him and appoints him the new ruler of NK?

Trump wanna be a war time president to secure the election in 2020?

Except his voting block is against war and he himself ran on that platform. A war will actually help crater his numbers faster and cement him being a one term* president.

*assuming he doesn't get impeached/resigns first.

RM8

Except his voting block is against war and he himself ran on that platform. A war will actually help crater his numbers faster and cement him being a one term* president.

*assuming he doesn't get impeached/resigns first.
His fanbase doesn't actually care about what he promised (see: Mexico paying a total of $0 for the tiny wall that might or might not happen). Having Trump as president is a statement, it's a victory to them. They will rationalize war if it comes to that.

His fanbase doesn't actually care about what he promised (see: Mexico paying a total of $0 for the tiny wall that might or might not happen). Having Trump as president is a statement, it's a victory to them. They will rationalize war if it comes to that.

nah, his dipshit base is actually erroding. A NK war isn't going to help him one bit.

Cuburt

I'm going to have to get a second opinion from Pope Francis after he puts in a call to the big guy.

You could never be too careful with your Holy decree of warfare on a nation.

Mathieran

Banned
Now we know why trump is spending all this time around these evangelical folks. And I'm guessing he that the phrasing in that tweet from one of these dolts

Keasar

One thing baffles me though at the thought process of these religious nutters:

God is the one who drowned the entire world in a flood of water.
God is the one who unleashes earthquakes upon the world.
God is the one who kills people with diseases.
God can end the world at a mere thought.
He hears everything.
Sees everything.
Knows everything.

But he can't do one fucking targeted strike against a single individual without some help?

kmax

Ah yes, because religion and war has worked out for us before.

Now nukes have entered the equation too. Playing chicken with the most brutal dicatorship on the planet to boot. What could possibly go wrong?

RuoboK.gif

Haunted

One thing baffles me though at the thought process of these religious nutters:

God is the one who drowned the entire world in a flood of water.
God is the one who unleashes earthquakes upon the world.
God is the one who kills people with diseases.
God can end the world at a mere thought.
He hears everything.
Sees everything.
Knows everything.

But he can't do one fucking targeted strike against a single individual without some help?
lost it at "thought process"

:lol

Originally Posted by Also Romans 13

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Ofc they conviniently ignore the bit about paying your taxes

Top Bottom