• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's evangelical adviser: ‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.'

excowboy

Speaking as a Christian, this man's comments and his abuse of position are completely vile and disgusting and I don't really see or comprehend why he thinks they in anyway represent or reflect Jesus' teachings. I think this about most public comments by church leaders though...

I guess strictly speaking the Christian faith makes it implicit that we are all fuck ups to some degree, so in that sense I guess he is doing swimmingly?...

Emwitus

Speaking as a Christian, this man's comments and his abuse of position are completely vile and disgusting and I don't really see or comprehend why he thinks they in anyway represent or reflect Jesus' teachings. I think this about most public comments by church leaders though...

I guess strictly speaking the Christian faith makes it implicit that we are all fuck ups to some degree, so in that sense I guess he is doing swimmingly?...

It doesn't give a you bail out. It doesn't mean "I can continue fucking up all i want because God will forgive me". Their are consequences for your actions.

EDIT: Jesus said it best, many at the end will be saying I did all these great things in your name and they will be condemned because they ignored the sick, poor and hungry. Which is why it infuriates me that a large part of the republican base associate with the christian faith. They really don't.

To all of Trump's hawkish advisors

giphy.gif

How does Trump have an Evangelical advisor when the fucking guy isnt an Evangelical.

Look, the poor man can't be honest about his lack of faith and get to keep the Evangelical support and votes! He has to go through every day knowing that he became the PotUS based on lies and collusion, it's truly a great burden for dear leader to bear... give him a break!

Principate

Saint Titanfall

In no uncertain terms the bible's says pastors are the most likely to end up in hell of "christians". If you screw up misrepresenting god's word and position like that their will be consequences.

dramatis

If it wasn't for the electoral system, only CA, NY, TX and FL would matter.
No, without the electoral system it would take the cumulative popular vote from across the nation to win the presidency. The four states you listed have high populations, but account only for 1/3 of the US total population. There's plenty of votes to be gotten outside of them.

Plus, it's not like people within those states uniformly vote for one party or the other.

He said that many pacifist Christians will cite Romans 12, which says, “Do not repay evil for evil,” but Jeffress says that that passage is referring to Christians, not to the government.
There are so many things wrong with this statement that I'm at a loss for words.

SnowTeeth

Banned
It's been destroying lives for the majority of human civilization, it's one of the few things it's actually really good at.

Yeah exactly, it's what I meant by "our".
It's a shame people prefer the solace of superstition rather than face reality head on.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Yes, Paul's letter to the 1st-century Christians of Rome is about blowing up North Korea. Obviously

DID Jesus promote killing his enemies?
Evangelicals are Christianity's super devout crazy aunt. If you think Christianity is conservative evangelicals are the almost taliban levels of fucked up. They give Christianity as much a bad name as the taliban gave Islam.

American Christianity is strange/crazy as fuck.

As a Filipino Christian who grew up in the Philippines... to me it is not. One of the reason i kinda grew out of my religion is finding out that Chritianity from my old country is just as bat shit crazy as the christianity over here. I was on a perception that Chritianity in the US was more sensible than in the Philippines but it is not.. actually quite the opposite now that i think about it.

Ominym

Banned
Is this supposed to be Trump's way of raising the bar after their statement about bombing Guam?

"Oh yeah? Well God said we could smoke you. Now what?!?"

Can't believe the dick waving going on over this, its nationally embarrassing and mortally terrifiying. Calling it "saber rattling" is giving it way too much credit.

This is how dumb some of our local "Christians" are. It's so easy to absolve any responsibility, thought, and logic and just attribute that it's all "God's Plan".

American Christianity is a disease.

Kenstar

What did she think of Obama?

trump, known liar and former democrat is a baby christian who needs to be shown the way

B. HUSSEIN OBAMA, is a FAKE christian ANTICHRIST DECEIVER DIVIDER who PLOTTED to TAKE OUR AMENDMENTS and TO THIS DAY runs a DEEP GOVERNMENT from UNDERGROUND where he and his cronies PLOT to RUIN our GOD-Loving Country

BajiBoxer

Banned
I know the bible has a lot of stupid and terrible shit in it, but come on. This is one of the most ridiculous biblical interpretations I've ever heard.

American Christianity is strange/crazy as fuck.

Agreed.

As a Christian man myself, I will never understand how they reconcile Jesus' ideas of love and be good with everyone with all those guns, military power and fuck those minorities and those different to us.

turmoil

Banned
Why people assume Trump is faithless/non christian/atheist? Has he ever say something leading to that? I don't recall and I've taken my fair share of Trump related news.

Top Bottom