• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's evangelical adviser: ‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.'

Englebert3rd

Unconfirmed Member
One thing baffles me though at the thought process of these religious nutters:

God is the one who drowned the entire world in a flood of water.
God is the one who unleashes earthquakes upon the world.
God is the one who kills people with diseases.
God can end the world at a mere thought.
He hears everything.
Sees everything.
Knows everything.

But he can't do one fucking targeted strike against a single individual without some help?

Heh, it's not like religions, in general, encourage rational thought.

Jackpot

Banned
69M8n8.gif

Jmille99

He hears everything.
Sees everything.
Knows everything.

But he can't do one fucking targeted strike against a single individual without some help?

One would think that maybe Satan was the good guy, saw how shit was gonna go down with God, and got the hell out of dodge.

As someone who hasnt read the Bible, whats the worst thing Satan has done? Trick Adam and Eve with the apple?

One would think that maybe Satan was the good guy, saw how shit was gonna go down with God, and got the hell out of dodge.

As someone who hasnt read the Bible, whats the worst thing Satan has done? Trick Adam and Eve with the apple?

You should read Neil Gaiman's Sandman and Lucifer. The premise is of Lucifer is your post.

While I share the concern... Not really sure if this is a white phenomenon.

It's definitely not. You can find the use of religion to justify fucked up things in many cultures.

Peccavi

Wait, reading Romans 13, why did Republicans fight back against Obama? Clearly his authority was established by God.

Wait, reading Romans 13, why did Republicans fight back against Obama? Clearly his authority was established by God.

Ah, you see, but the mandate of god belongs only to those who have been chosen by god to lead. And by "chosen by god", I of course mean, "chosen by a congregation of the faithful", and by "congregation of the faithful" I of course mean "me" because I don't fucking care what any of these dumbs twats think, they do what I tell them.

Nerazar

Because Obama is a Muslim and he smells like sulfur and he is the literal Antichrist.

Just kidding: He's black, that's why.

Ah, you see, but the mandate of god belongs only to those who have been chosen by god to lead. And by "chosen by god", I of course mean, "chosen by a congregation of the faithful", and by "congregation of the faithful" I of course mean "me" because I don't fucking care what any of these dumbs twats think, they do what I tell them.

Anecdotal, but for my family, though the pastor of our church is against Trump and typical Republican treatment of the LGBT community, he hasn't affected my family's opinions. My dad will go out of his way to find scripture that agrees with his own views, and disregard what our pastor says. Wish my dad would actually attempt to challenge him, instead of confirm his biases and continue living the way he wants.

hoos30

Our national leader is in a popularity contest with an oppressive dictator and is fucking LOSING!!!

Holy Sh-t.

gaugebozo

“A Christian writer asked me, ‘Don’t you want the president to embody the Sermon on the Mount?’ ” he said, referring to Jesus’s famous sermon. “I said absolutely not.”

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

“A Christian writer asked me, ‘Don’t you want the president to embody the Sermon on the Mount?’ ” he said, referring to Jesus’s famous sermon. “I said absolutely not.”

He continued, "Jesus fucking Christ, Carl. Sometimes God wants the bad guys dead, don't you get it? Now give praise to your fucking lord, may he annihilate our enemies with furious anger. Amen"

linkboy

He hears everything.
Sees everything.
Knows everything.

Once you start critically thinking about religion, the whole charade falls apart. Which is why a lot of christian sects pray on the weak minded, it's easy to control them.

Why did your country elect Trump.
A sizable chunk of our country's electorate are uneducated and will believe anything right-wing conspiracy theorists tell them, an even larger chunk of said electorate brilliantly decided to stay home on election day, and finally our election system makes it possible to win the presidency despite winning fewer votes than your opponent. Bottom line: Trump's president because a lot of people were really fucking stupid.

A sizable chunk of our country's electorate are uneducated and will believe anything right-wing conspiracy theorists tell them, an even larger chunk of said electorate brilliantly decided to stay home on election day, and finally our election system makes it possible to win the presidency despite winning fewer votes than your opponent. Bottom line: Trump's president because a lot of people were really fucking stupid.

And racist as well as misogynistic. Don't forget that.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, is US Iran now? (while Iran slowly becomes less nuts)

The American Ayatollah has said: "God says you must go to war. Jihad!"

linkboy

So, is US Iran now? (while Iran slowly becomes less nuts)

The American Ayatollah has said: "God says you must go to war. Jihad!"

The Christian right and the Islamic Fundamentalists really aren't that far apart. They share a lot of similar beliefs

One just uses violence to get what they want and the other manipulates people politically to get what they want.

The end result is ultimately the same, to control people using their religious beliefs.

Emwitus

If only trump believed in anything the bible says.............

Being a christian myself, we are one of the most hypocritical sets of people ( Especially the evangelical base that came out to support an individual like trump)

Evangelical advisers are pretty much standard for Republican presidents.
Didn't Bush hear voices telling him to invade Iraq?

Why are evangelicals so invested in stripping healthcare and lowering taxes? 🤔

What part of the bible is that?

I would guess they might try to use Paul's letter to the Thessalonians:

"6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat

11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. 13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer."

- 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15​

Parts of that could certainly be taken out of context.

Top Bottom