• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

And that many of these notes are written and distributed during the playthrough. Leon killed my chief ? Better write a letter.

They leave you a lot of maps too. 'We have released the lake monster. No one will stop us now.' Then you look at the attached map and it's like a tiny lake and clearly it doesn't occur to them that someone might show up who doesn't travel exclusively by dinghy.

Grief.exe

Hey, how's the Valve output lately? Portal 2 was cool about 3 years ago.
Valve has put out nothing in years. I'm sorry Capcom has disappointed you. But at least they try with every heart they have. Damn.

Ya know? I guess they are that bad right? Worst, I guess. Hey. Let's see all their IPs be nothing. It's coming anyway.

Dota 2, CS:GO, a thousand content updates for TF2, L4D3 and Source 2 on the horizon. Come on man, this makes you sound ridiculous.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Would you go look at the Mona Lisa with subtitles on?

The subtitles are not an integral part of the RE4 experience.

It would be like if they changed punching the bolder in RE5 to pushing the bolder.

There's no functional differences, but it's hilarious and it's just a part of the games history now.

feel

I'll add the texture project to the list of mods as well

http://www.re4hd.com/
040501.jpg
Damn!

Looking forward to that playthough in a couple of years(?).

Grief.exe

So much better than the mods that came back there in the old version.

I saw many of those and they just looked ridiculous with a complete lack of cohesive design.

If you go on the website, it looks like they are going to release the first area fairly soon here.

Ragus

Banned
After 8,5h, all I can say is:

"Resident Evil 4, why the fuck did I wait so long to play you?"

This may be my favourite action game ever. Just the right amount of shooting (and I do like tank controls, as they give this game a sense of strategy), just the right amount of exploration and the right amount of very interesting puzzles.

And that fucking pacing. 10/10 after 9 hours and I hope, the rest will be just as good. Will it be?

Lulubop

I can't fucking mash X fast enough after the mining cart, always had trouble here. I believe it's where I ended my professional run way back on the gc. I just can't do it man.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I can't fucking mash X fast enough after the mining cart, always had trouble here. I believe it's where I ended my professional run way back on the gc. I just can't do it man.

Hmm, are you on the latest beta patch? This issue may be fixed.

This may be my favourite action game ever. Just the right amount of shooting (and I do like tank controls, as they give this game a sense of strategy), just the right amount of exploration and the right amount of very interesting puzzles.

And that fucking pacing. 10/10 after 9 hours and I hope, the rest will be just as good. Will it be?

Last couple chapters always bored me, mainly because they strayed even further from RE's roots.

Grief.exe

I actually think RE4 went on a little too long, but it is not like there is any artificial lengthening like you see in other titles.

Each area is expertly and uniquely crafted. You are never backtracking for any reason, there is always something new to experience.

It is insane the amount of quality and love that went into this title.

Grief.exe

I was reading today that Grezzo actually hand-created key frames for the Ocarina of Time 3D remake.

Probably way outside the budget and capability for Qloc with several of the 30 FPS animations, but food for thought.

I hope this has not been answered before. As i read the german version is missing assignment ada and mercenarys. Any chance to get the uncut version on my german steam? Really looking forward to play this game but i won´t pay money for a stripped down version.

Longshot

I hope this has not been answered before. As i read the german version is missing assignment ada and mercenarys. Any chance to get the uncut version on my german steam? Really looking forward to play this game but i won´t pay money for a stripped down version.
Maybe someone from the United States or United Kingdom can gift you a proper copy? Even us Aussies got the proper uncut version.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Why don't more games have public betas for their patches?

It would be a real bummer to push out a beta, corrupt users saves, and then just say "Hey, you opted into the beta!"

At a certain point, it's better to just make people wait so you don't have to deal with the repurcussions of a bad beta patch, because most people don't see betas for what they are.

Why don't more games have public betas for their patches?

People don't understand what a beta is.

See: Steam thread. Every time there is some bug in the beta client, you get tons of questions about what is wrong with the Steam client. People just opt in because they want the newest features and don't expect there to be bugs.

Grief.exe

Just finished Separate Ways! One thing I did notice near the end that surprised me is all of the cut scenes were in 60 FPS, which is interesting.

The activation keys are very detailed textures, when you actually put them in they are very low resolution.

xjcjrP7.jpg

Stats

ibbaK0N1RaU5CF.jpg

Looking Fancy

izQnex7GNhfWw.jpg

Newboi

Every time I see this thread get updated, I get my hopes up thinking there's a new patch. Not that this game needs much else, but I get excited none the less lol.

Anyways, I now have all super weapons in the game on my Round 2 playthrough. I'm thinking of selling my exclusive semi-auto to upgrade an exclusive bolt action rifle now that I don't actually need a rifle lol. I'm also thinking of re-buying the handgun to play around with it's exclusive upgrade.

Mr_Zombie

While the second part of the game is worse than the first one, it's still amazing that a 15-20 hours long game can feel fresh throughout the whole campaign. The game constantly introduces new scenarios, new enemies, new mechanics.

Maybe someone from the United States or United Kingdom can gift you a proper copy? Even us Aussies got the proper uncut version.

i actually would prefer the us price of the game. much cheaper for the euro exchange. if anyone would be kind enough to do that, ill give you the money first of course or buy a high priced random item. well, if anyone has a few spare minutes left just pm me or add me on steam.
steam id is gnarcula

Zushin

Just finished! Excellent game. Question, once I beat Separate Ways can I use the costume and the Infinite Rocket Launcher from beating the main game, on a Professional run? Or can you only use those on NG+?

Unai

Just finished! Excellent game. Question, once I beat Separate Ways can I use the costume and the Infinite Rocket Launcher from beating the main game, on a Professional run? Or can you only use those on NG+?

Special costumes, yes. Special weapons are NG+ only.

Is there any way to fix the horrific dead zones when playing on a 360 controller? I could park a car in them. Trying to play this game in big picture mode is a drag so far.

Mr_Zombie

I finally bought the game, started playing it and noticed that the aiming is really sluggish and sticky whenever there are enemies on screen. I'm on beta patch 5, using mouse/KB controls and no matter whether I choose "Classic" or "Modern" aiming it's the same. If there are no enemies in sight aiming works fine - it's fast and fluid. :/

Also, what button allows you to turn items in the inventory? IIRC in previous versions it was the aim button, but RMB doesn't work. :|

Teknoman

Are there any mods for Dualshock button icons?

Also maybe its just me...but RE4's title screen really doesnt seem that great... Unless the original version was different. It's been awhile.

EDIT: Yeah, what happened to this?

gfs_57544_1_1.jpg

Not sure why they decided to change it for every re-release starting with Wii. Unless it changes once you find Ashley, and they just decided to keep it that way? I dunno.

Unai

I finally bought the game, started playing it and noticed that the aiming is really sluggish and sticky whenever there are enemies on screen. I'm on beta patch 5, using mouse/KB controls and no matter whether I choose "Classic" or "Modern" aiming it's the same. If there are no enemies in sight aiming works fine - it's fast and fluid. :/

Also, what button allows you to turn items in the inventory? IIRC in previous versions it was the aim button, but RMB doesn't work. :|

You turn items with page down and delete, I think. Maybe page up.

The aiming works fine for me since version 1.0.1 and modern and classic fell very different. Classic has negative mouse acceleration, so if you move your mouse 5cm over the mouse pad slowly, the aim will move a lot on screen but with you move your mouse the same 5cm very fast, it will only move a little bit. In your case it is the same no matter the setting? Or is it something else?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Finally beat my first run on normal today and jumped right into Mercenaries. I suck some ass though and Super Salvador keeps destroying me. Unlocked Wesker and dominated the village until four Bella Sisters caught me in a pincer attack. Guess I need some practice. Mercenaries is stressful like the whole game was stressful my first time playing. My recent playthrough did not prepare me at all.

Mr_Zombie

Turning off V-sync via the config file helped. It still feels a little bit sticky (I'm running on modern aiming settings, so there should be no acceleration) but it's a big improvement overall.

And damn, going back from RE5 and (especially) RE6 to RE4 gameplay feels weird. Especially no melee option when the enemy lies on the floor.

Finally beat my first run on normal today and jumped right into Mercenaries. I suck some ass though and Super Salvador keeps destroying me. Unlocked Wesker and dominated the village until four Bella Sisters caught me in a pincer attack. Guess I need some practice. Mercenaries is stressful like the whole game was stressful my first time playing. My recent playthrough did not prepare me at all.

Waiting for Super Salvador to glide (yes, it definitely feels like he glides rather than walks) into the sweet spot for Leon's shotgun to properly stun him is probably one of the more stressful things in the game aside from self-imposed challenges.

If you need a confidence boost for the Bella Sisters, unlock HUNK first, then go to town on them.

Top Bottom