• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition listed on PEGI for PC/Steam

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
thanks.

btw.: the amout of people getting excited over RE5 baffles me. O_O

RE5 is a great game, especially on coop so I don't think it's that baffling at all tbh. Plus the Lost In Nightmares DLC is a great throwback to old Resi Evil as well.

gelf

Excited for the DLC. Lost in Nightmares is the only part of modern Resident Evil I'm remotely intrested in and I never got to play it.

Also how about bringing to PC that Dead Rising 3 super turbo dash alpha DLC or whatever its called. Thats the only reason I'd want to get that game too.

Mr_Zombie

I tried playing RE5 Mercs today after spending so much time with RE6. It's hard to get used to slower paced and limited controls. :|

legacyzero

Banned
Ahh.. RE5.

The game I retroactively changed my mind about how much I didn't like, after suffering RE6. (Which is the biggest piece of garbage this side of FFXIII (IMO))

IMO, if you removed the forced co-op/AI buddy, the game would be almost as good as RE4.

Fantasmo

lost in nightmares still feels nothing at all like the old RE Games.
Yeah i don't get the hoopla. Lost in Nightmares is pretty to look at but very short on content. Not many enemies either.

The other one is a bit longer but only about an hour.

Mercenaries Reunion I can understand however.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Awesome! I would love to get a "remastered" version on ps4/xbox one, RE5 is still one of the best looking games imo except for a few textures here and there.
The game is pretty choppy when playing split screen though. :/

Not on PC it isn't! Full 60fps all day when I played it last year.

You know, I have no idea how I platinum d RE5. Pro is ridiculous even with a partner.

I'm guessing infinite ammo weapons?

Fantasmo

Not on PC it isn't! Full 60fps all day when I played it last year.

I'm guessing infinite ammo weapons?
I tried recently with people online and got nowhere. 1 hit causes death, and there's no time to even heal anyone unless you're right next to them. Infinite ammo is a given. Lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh please let this be coming soon. I've held off playing it on the PC hoping the steamworks update would be coming.

Sadly, work on the patch hasn't even begun yet unless the Gold Edition is a separate game that's set to replace RE5 vanilla.

Jawmuncher

I'm guessing this won't be at earlier until April. They will want Rev 2 to be fully out before another RE game.

Also I guess this could be a separate app as JaseC said but with a upgrade option. Like we saw with Deus Ex Human Revolution.

FLD

Now they just need to announce a date for the Steamworks transition! I've been holding off until such an announcement to go back to RE4 and do my professional run, so that I can 100% RE4 right before moving on to RE5.

After REmake HD, I also really felt like going through RE2 and RE3 on my Vita in the meantime, but I ended up getting kinda distracted from that plan. :(

Hypron

You know, I have no idea how I platinum d RE5. Pro is ridiculous even with a partner.

Yeah I did it entirely in solo a couple of years ago and then played the game again last year and got my ass handed to me on professional lol. The margin for error is very small and making good use of the AI partner is paramount.

I'm really happy to hear that news as well! I LOVE RE5 so I'll probably play through it again when it gets transferred to steam.

Jawmuncher

Pro if cheesing was all about the infinite ammo and RPG. Pro legit is some serious work though. I managed but it was quite the feat. I'm not doing it again. Veteran fresh is also quite a bit harder than I would have thought as well.

Miguel81

I'm guessing this won't be at earlier until April. They will want Rev 2 to be fully out before another RE game.

Also I guess this could be a separate app as JaseC said but with a upgrade option. Like we saw with Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I can live with that. That extra content has been a long time coming.

lost in nightmares still feels nothing at all like the old RE Games.

Maybe so. Still, some of us missed out and want to play through it.

Vamphuntr

Yeah i don't get the hoopla. Lost in Nightmares is pretty to look at but very short on content. Not many enemies either.

The other one is a bit longer but only about an hour.

Mercenaries Reunion I can understand however.

Lost in the Nightmares is pretty terrible. Especially on higher difficulty levels. You just run all the way to the part you lose your guns and die over and over again at the crusher part. Then the boss is one big QTE. The atmosphere was nice but the gameplay is pretty bad.

The other one feels more like traditional RE5 with a waves of monsters/hold your ground type of thing at the end.

Jawmuncher

Lost in the Nightmares is pretty terrible. Especially on higher difficulty levels. You just run all the way to the part you lose your guns and die over and over again at the crusher part. Then the boss is one big QTE. The atmosphere was nice but the gameplay is pretty bad.

The other one feels more like traditional RE5 with a waves of monsters/hold your ground type of thing at the end.

Funny Enough I felt the second DLC was the weakest. Because it was nothing different aside from a new character. Also it was a lot harder than LiN on the highest difficulty. Mainly the ending section.

Beth Cyra

thanks.

btw.: the amout of people getting excited over RE5 baffles me. O_O

It really shouldn't.

RE5 does have a lot of fans. It just doesn't have the rabid following that 4 does.

Still it sold very well and even reviewed very well, and sold well over along time so it wasn't just the initial draw like what pretty much happened with RE6.

deathday

Neo Member
The timing of these things is so strange sometimes. I just played RE5 on PC for the first time today. I've already played the crap out of it on 360 and decided to give it another go on PC.

Now I'm wondering if I should wait for a gold edition/steam achievements/definitive upgrade or whatever they plan to release.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The timing of these things is so strange sometimes. I just played RE5 on PC for the first time today. I've already played the crap out of it on 360 and decided to give it another go on PC.

Now I'm wondering if I should wait for a gold edition/steam achievements/definitive upgrade or whatever they plan to release.

I would wait because it's totally possible that saves won't transfer over.

deathday

Neo Member
I hope the Steamworks version of RE5 Gold will allow me to use mouse & controller simultaneously.

Just recently I decided the best way to control games is with a Playstation Nav controller and mouse... but several games simply won't allow you to do both simultaneously. Far Cry 3, RE5, Max Payne 3 all gave me crap about it. But I certainly wouldn't mind playing through RE5 a few more times with mouse & controller.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I hope the Steamworks version of RE5 Gold will allow me to use mouse & controller simultaneously.

Just recently I decided the best way to control games is with a Playstation Nav controller and mouse... but several games simply won't allow you to do both simultaneously. Far Cry 3, RE5, Max Payne 3 all gave me crap about it. But I certainly wouldn't mind playing through RE5 a few more times with mouse & controller.

Do you mean like movement on controller in left hand, aiming/shooting on mouse with right?

I severely doubt they'll change that. They even have a built in dialog that says "Control method switched!" that happens on the fly.

Hmm, there is actually a mod that forces laser site when using M+KB, so maybe using that in conjunction with removing the texture for "Input method changed!" you could use them together? This is totally just spitballing though.

deathday

Neo Member
Do you mean like movement on controller in left hand, aiming/shooting on mouse with right?

I severely doubt they'll change that. They even have a built in dialog that says "Control method switched!" that happens on the fly.

Hmm, there is actually a mod that forces laser site when using M+KB, so maybe using that in conjunction with removing the texture for "Input method changed!" you could use them together? This is totally just spitballing though.

Sounds like you know more about stuff than me. Yeah I was really annoyed by that label of "Control scheme switched to..." and even worse is that it only can do one at a time. But surprisingly there's a ton of games that let me do both.

Yeah, I like the feel of analog stick in my left hand so I bought the PS Navigation controller. And obviously aiming is more accurate with a mouse so I got a G502. Recently, I've played through Mass Effect, The Evil Within, and Bulletstorm with them. The only thing that stinks is QTEs.

It's one of those compatibility things you can never tell about a video game because not a lot of other people try it.

Alpha_eX

Lost in Nightmares was awful, all I remember was fighting 6 axe guys, doing the same puzzle 4 times in a row and the boss. Not a single zombie.

I love RE5 though so hope it has co-op intact.

ArjanN

It has Steam achievements now.

103154.jpg

"Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on Professional"

It also has Steam achievements for Desperate Escape, Versus, Team Survivor etc, so it looks like all the DLC is there.

Sorry JaseC, looks like no seperate Steam entry. :p

Achievements aren't live yet obviously.

It has Steam achievements now.

103154.jpg

"Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on Professional"

It also has Steam achievements for Desperate Escape, Versus, Team Surivor etc, so it looks like all the DLC is there.

Sorry JaseC, looks like no seperate Steam entry. :p

Achievements aren't live yet obviously.

fuck yeah

SURGEdude

Well I think this might be the game that finally lets me retire my PSmove. Having the DLC and Move made the PS3 version slightly better than PC despite my preference for KB/M. No more!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Release date or even a release window yet? I'm feening hard for this DLC!

Top Bottom