• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

News Bot

Banned
This is kinda shocking to me. Granted I want to love it because Chris is my fav, but given the Demo impreessions I'm honestly kinda shocked anyone is saying Chris's is the best.

Chris's demo isn't even that bad. The action focus is what threw a lot of people off, which only goes to show that certain parts of the game are not for everyone. I liked his campaign a lot because I don't mind the action-slant, as I love the bioterrorism element of the story and seeing an actual full-scale attack for the first time pleased me.

Others were turned off by it seeming too "military" (or the "CoD" buzzword). But in the context of the series narrative, there is nothing wrong with that. His campaign was also just a lot of fun, though of course, there was at least one segment I could have done without.

Phenomic

Has anyone played the game chronologically? That's my intended plan, but I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

I'm doing the Chronological run and am glad I went with this route. Makes the game feel like one cohesive experience and I find myself not getting bored or burnt out by just playing straight with one character.

It was talked about previously in the thread. Give me a second and I will find the recommended order I am using. *Didn't realize it was put in the OP*

I'm doing the Chronological run and am glad I went with this route. Makes the game feel like one cohesive experience and I find myself not getting bored or burnt out by just playing straight with one character.

It was talked about previously in the thread. Give me a second and I will find the recommended order I am using.

It's in the op. Dusk golem made it.

Bladenic

I only know the first chapter order and the last chapter order. I kind of want to play the game and piece the story together myself, though at the same time it's tempting because of the constant switching around and whatnot. Capcom should have just made it like that from the beginning.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

It was talked about previously in the thread. Give me a second and I will find the recommended order I am using. *Didn't realize it was put in the OP*

Awesome, good to hear that it feels like a cohesive experience. Guess I'll be doing that then.

So for what its worth guys, here is my almost 11 minute video review

Good review man, keep it up. Can't wait to get my hands on this tomorrow!

News Bot

Banned
Pardon? In "reality" it'd work perfectly fine, just like REmake did.

I'm referring to the fact that none of the developers that worked on BH2 are at CAPCOM anymore, some even having passed away. The current developers have entirely different ideas about how they think BH2 should be portrayed, evidence of which you need only look towards the more recent "Darkside Chronicles" for a glimpse, or even "Operation Raccoon City".

These are the elements that made REmake so good. The original developers were doing what they would have done if they had the ability to do so in 1996, and they developed the game with fans of the original in mind and did not change too much or change too little, knowing it would disappoint everyone. Trusting the new developers to stick to this mantra despite doing almost everything against it seems pretty naive.

Back from Gamestop. Time to saturate evil.

Some kids came dressed up as zombies decked out in makeup and everything.

6fIPQ.jpg

News Bot

Banned
How's the story, guys? I might just put the game on Easy and enjoy the story and just mindlessly blowing away zombies and shit.

The story itself isn't anything to write home about. What makes the game shine is the character dialogue and scenarios they find themselves in. The actual plot is so-so, and I say that as a huge fan of the series storyline.

Back from Gamestop. Time to saturate evil.

Some kids came dressed up as zombies decked out in makeup and everything.

6fIPQ.jpg

iPXbWZc6Sb1MX.gif

I like when people go all out

The story itself isn't anything to write home about. What makes the game shine is the character dialogue and scenarios they find themselves in. The actual plot is so-so, and I say that as a huge fan of the series storyline.

I'm wavering so hard as to whether to grab this or not :/

I probably will. If I don't like it, I'll trade it in towards Dishonored.

News Bot

Banned
Just force them to develop it the right way, that's what executives should be good for.

The executives are a bigger problem than the developers, as their main focus is money. Even the developers claim that an old-school style BIO game would not sell well, how do you think the execs feel about that?

Neiteio

So, if I follow Dusk Golem's recommended story order, will my skills/perks/levels/etc carry over as I switch back and forth between campaigns? Are there any drawbacks to hopping back and forth between campaigns, from a character progression standpoint?

Sojgat

This is kinda shocking to me. Granted I want to love it because Chris is my fav, but given the Demo impreessions I'm honestly kinda shocked anyone is saying Chris's is the best.

The demo is honestly the worst part of Chris's campaign, it amazes me that it's what Capcom put in the demo, but really so many of the bad decisions surrounding this game amaze me.

Chris's campaign is all action, which is what the game is best at. It has the least cutscene and QTE interruption, the camera is better, the game mechanics actually seem tighter, and quite frankly, if it was the only thing on the disk Capcom wouldn't be getting ridiculed for the game.

Fuck, I love playing as Ada. <3 RE4 vibes.

The demo is honestly the worst part of Chris's campaign, it amazes me that it's what Capcom put in the demo, but really so many of the bad decisions surrounding this game amaze me.

Chris's campaign is all action, which is what the game is best at. It has the least cutscene and QTE interruption, the camera is better, the game mechanics actually seem tighter, and quite frankly, if it was the only thing on the disk Capcom wouldn't be getting ridiculed for the game.

Most of the reviewers seem to like Leon's campaign the best.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Some new details from the guide... If you beat all chapters on Pro...
...You apparently unlock No Hope Difficulty, which is supposed to be harder than RE5 in Pro. Also includes some new mini-bosses, apparently.

So um, I thought that tutorial/intro/QTE That you jump into at the beginning was cool. How terrible am I? Obviously it's not the style of gameplay I would want to see a lot of out there, but here and there I actually find I enjoy stuff like that.

Haven't played the game proper, yet, I'm waiting for my co-op partner.

I loved it too :)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Some new details from the guide... If you beat all chapters on Pro...
...You apparently unlock No Hope Difficulty, which is supposed to be harder than RE5 in Pro. Also includes some new mini-bosses, apparently.

YASSSSSS!!!!!!

Did they say if,
you can use that difficulty for mercs mode?

Can we all agree that, regardless of our overall feelings towards the game, that co-op doors are awful and RE6 would be much better without them (or at the very least, with them spread much further apart)?

Really bored with it so far.

because I played the demo a billion times

I played the demo way too much.

Tonight I was trolling new players by showing off fancy moves and spamming the thumbs up. Dropkicking dudes, spamming Hydra quick shots (so badass). One dude just stared at me in awe after I slid under the bleachers in Leon's demo lol. I feel really bad for anyone that doesn't understand all the mechanics at play here, it's really essential.

Sojgat

Can we all agree that, regardless of our overall feelings towards the game, that co-op doors are awful and RE6 would be much better without them (or at the very least, with them spread much further apart)?

Co-op doors/gates are the worst. I blame Army of Two for making them such a lazy piece of design. With the amount of mini cutscenes in RE6, you would think they could implement something more creative that triggers once you meet at a sync point, rather than just having a door you both have to open.

Replicant

I played the demo way too much.

Tonight I was trolling new players by showing off fancy moves and spamming the thumbs up. Dropkicking dudes, spamming Hydra quick shots (so badass). One dude just stared at me in awe after I slid under the bleachers in Leon's demo lol. I feel really bad for anyone that doesn't understand all the mechanics at play here, it's really essential.

LOL, I did that last night with the actual game. Not trolling but showing off at least. Revived the guy at least 5+ times since he kept dying as Leon. He kept charging at those
fatasses guys
while I kept yelling "Pull back" so I can throw flame grenade at them.

Dusk Golem

YASSSSSS!!!!!!

Did they say if,
you can use that difficulty for mercs mode?
I'll have to ask, this info is coming from others and not me.

They do talk about unlockables, and the guide also mentions there will be future Mercenaries DLC that will feature new characters, which I don't believe we've had confirmed so far.

Bladenic

I hate everyone that got this at midnight.

Edit: Add me to the burned by Amazon list. At this rate I won't get the game until Thursday if I'm lucky, Friday if I'm unlucky (which will certainly be the case).

Edit: Add me to the burned by Amazon list. At this rate I won't get the game until Thursday if I'm lucky, Friday if I'm unlucky (which will certainly be the case).

And you picked 2 day shipping? I'm picking this up from Gamestop but Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 are coming from Amazon. I pretty much need those on launch day.

Dusk Golem

GAMEPLAY SPOILERS

Details on No Hope Difficulty from the guide (via GameFAQs):
-Enemies are always moving at max speed
-Enemies recovered from being downed in about 1 second
-Enemies attack non-stop with no pause between attacks until killed
-Enemies that attack in combos or quick successions now have more combo moves to trap you longer
-Enemies recover from being dazed incredibly fast
-Enemies with firearms are insanely accurate and shoot and reload faster
-J'Avos chance to mutate has increased dramatically, 80-90% chance of mutation
-Enemies with grapple attacks do it a lot faster and can attack you more while grappling
-New mini bosses, including a new mini boss that will chase you through all the campaigns and can't die.

GAMEPLAY SPOILERS

Details on No Hope Difficulty from the guide (via GameFAQs):
-Enemies are always moving at max speed
-Enemies recovered from being downed in about 1 second
-Enemies attack non-stop with no pause between attacks until killed
-Enemies that attack in combos or quick successions now have more combo moves to trap you longer
-Enemies recover from being dazed incredibly fast
-Enemies with firearms are insanely accurate and shoot and reload faster
-J'Avos chance to mutate has increased dramatically, 80-90% chance of mutation
-Enemies with grapple attacks do it a lot faster and can attack you more while grappling
-New mini bosses, including a new mini boss that will chase you through all the campaigns and can't die.

Wow that sounds rad as all hell. I imagine the character upgrades will help out. There a list of those yet?

Top Bottom