• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 - Review Thread | Activist Reviews and the Hate Patrol Destroy Truth™

Probably the best thing to happen to the series. They need to forget that RE4 ever existed and go back to what made the series popular to begin with.

meta4

Funny but the comparison is a bad one. The two games have nothing in common imo.

Here is a quote from Eurogamer's review

Capcom's uncertainty about the series' identity post-Mikami (and post-Uncharted) is hardcoded into its structure: four campaigns offering different, flawed expressions of that potential. And the inevitable price for this wavering is a lack of coherence.

Yup everything has been Uncharted all right.

Nemesis_

Yep. However, his disgust towards too many cutscenes on Re6 yet 10/10 on mgs4 is... funny in a way.

It just shows that people were out to hate this game and it's direction from the very beginning. I'm really disappointed that "video games journalism" has come to this.

yes, the game is not perfect.

But a fucking 3?

Here is a quote from Eurogamer's review

Yup everything has been Uncharted all right.

We've both played it. I'd like to know what they played to come to that comparison. I suggest you play it for yourself because I really don't see the comparisons with Uncharted. =/

It's 20 hours and people are lauding it for being EPICALLY LONG? Jesus.

I think a lot of the scores are respecting the ambition, and care that went into the game in particular making it accessible and inclusionary. And I think that's valid, but underneath it doesn't seem like a game I'll enjoy. Good for Capcom for putting the time money and effort into the game, but it seems like something with half the people, half the money.. but a little creative vision would have been received better.

Sheroking

Probably the best thing to happen to the series. They need to forget that RE4 ever existed and go back to what made the series popular to begin with.

Stale cameras, inexplicable puzzles, stunted controls and brutal voice-acting?

They don't need to forget RE4, they need to reevaluate RE4 and see why RE5 and 6 are not the same.

rvy

Banned

That settles it, taking my money elsewhere.

They don't need to forget RE4, they need to reevaluate RE4 and see why RE5 and 6 are not the same.

shinji-mikami-profilel0kd5.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
It just shows that people were out to hate this game and it's direction from the very beginning. I'm really disappointed that "video games journalism" has come to this.

yes, the game is not perfect.

But a fucking 3?

I know it looks like I'm hating on just this game in this thread but honestly, after years of this shit and the negative effect it's had on the industry, every wannabe on rails bro shooter should get a 3/10.

Floex

600 people worked on this, 600! The series needs just one persons vision, it sounds like a game the marketing men thought up

Fabrik

Banned
I'm surprised the major sites were not indulgent on it. The West wants to ridiculize the Japanese gaming industry!

Caj814

Video review with for Gamespot which had TONS AND TONS OF SPOILERS was 4.5 Poor

In the end they show
Helena slowly getting put into a meat grinder

Hanmik

Oh my.. I have Capcom UK on my twitter.. they have been tweeting like crazy about the game these past days.. but now.. almost silence.. only one retweet of Godisageek´s review (9/10)..

Majmun

For fans of Gears of War 3, Resistance, Call of Duty???

I love RE, but detest those franchises. FML

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow. Will be interesting to see how this impacts sales, if at all.

I'm both sad and happy....sad because I wanted a good RE game and happy because these sites are probably giving appropriate scores and calling Capcom out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

It still may sell like tons ORC or more,RE fans need to stop buying bad RE games for Capcom to change stuff

ezekial45

Banned
Listlessly wallowing in the depthless waters of homogeneity, Resident Evil 6 is a coward of a game, afraid to make its own individual mark in the industry and cravenly subscribing itself to every overplayed trope in the book.

Damn.

ironcreed

Banned
I know it looks like I'm hating on just this game in this thread but honestly, after years of this shit and the negative effect it's had on the industry, every wannabe on rails bro shooter should get a 3/10.

The mechanics in this game are far different than just any old 'bro' shooter. Had they slacked up on the quick time events and pulled the camera back a bit more, I bet it would have made a world of difference for those who are trashing it.

Denzar

Bad scores or not, i'll play this. Resident Evil has always been a bastion of amazing creature design, and I would not want to miss it for the world.

Top Bottom