• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Cafe & Grill S.T.A.R.S. "COMIG" SOON

maybe for birthdays and parties, the restaurant staff will pull the guests into the kitchen and have the "nemesis" attack them....then offer them choices what to do next:

nemesis-grill13.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
No Jill Sandwich in a Resident Evil themed restaurant.

Capcom has made mistakes, but sometimes they downright fuck up.

Preorder cancelled.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
maybe for birthdays and parties, the restaurant staff will pull the guests into the kitchen and have the "nemesis" attack them....then offer them choices what to do next:

http://residentevil.strategyguide.biz/uploads/images/misc/nemesis-grill13.jpg

You'd kill the staff if you went into the kitchen
which in all actually is the customer area. Fucking translations!
though!

I wouldn't mind trying that 12-guage shot-glass drink or the G-virus vaccination drink. The Licker Brain cake is amusing, but I dunno if I'd eat it.

big_z

Wouldn't that beef rib in the OP taste like butane?

it's a propane torch, taste the meat, not the heat.

the salad is fucking joke, right off the shelf onto a plate. filling a bowl with some kraft dressing isnt going to make up for the cost.

Davey Cakes

the salad is fucking joke, right off the shelf onto a plate. filling a bowl with some kraft dressing isnt going to make up for the cost.
I was thinking this exact same thing.

The salad should include green, red, and blue plants/leaves if it's trying to follow the theme of Resident Evil, and it should actually look like a salad.

At least the Licker Brain Cake looks good. But no Jill Sandwiches is a travesty!

Alucrid

Banned
This kind of stuff isn't new, and in my opinion it's really cool.

Last year there was a special El Shaddai "cafe"/shop (+EDWIN collaboration) as well as Catherine-inspired entrees/drinks at Collabo Dining in Tokyo.

http://andriasang.com/comuzl/el_shaddai_cafe/
http://andriasang.com/comv0p/el_shaddai_jeans/

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Collabo_Dining_(Catherine_Collaboration)

If they teamed up with samurai instead of edwin i totally would have bought a pair

cvxfreak

To be completely clear, this typo isn't actually Capcom's fault. It's the fault of the cafe's webmaster.

Cafe webmaster is totally in on the meme!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
capcpom.gif

Food looks pretty good. Though I'm not sure zombies and flesh will whet your appetite.

If they teamed up with samurai instead of edwin i totally would have bought a pair

Well I own almost every El Shaddai promo merchandise at this point, including store displays, etc...and the only key things I'm really missing are the Enoch and Lucifel EDWIN jeans. After conversion from yen to USD, to put it in perspective, they'd be around $500-$700 USD each...when they came out last year. But now they can't even be found anymore, at least on Japanese auction sites.

I do have the Lucifel EDWIN umbrella and large Nephilim plush though. And an autographed promo piece from the EDWIN event signed by Takeyasu Sawaki. Not only signed but with a doodle of Enoch. Okay, nobody likes a braggart, I'll stop now.

Lol JP from platinum is putting Capcom on blast for this over on twitter:

Are you sure "JP" is a person? Doesn't just mean...Japan?

JPKellams

Are you sure "JP" is a person? Doesn't just mean...Japan?

I'm a person named JP.

Also, before this ends up as something ridiculous on n4g that steals two hours of my life explaining to people, please don't get it twisted guys. I'm not putting them on blast. That first tweet about Ben and I was a joke.

Read all the tweets (@PG_JP) and I explain how these errors usually happen and why. I do, genuinely, wonder how these are getting through at such a pace; however, I don't have insider knowledge on current practices there, so it would be totally remiss of me to claim otherwise.

Droog

Hey cvxfreak, I don't suppose you know if this is a permanent fixture or is it (more likely) just a temporary arrangement like a lot of these themed bars/cafes in Tokyo seem to be?

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
From a currently non-GAF friend who actually cares about Resident Evil:

"Los Illuminachos."

I played 4, so I get it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Crispy Gyro Sandwich! Please! (Play on Complete Global Saturation)

Wash it down with Uroboros Soup! (squid/octopus, some shit like that)

They should stop complaining about this and complain more about actual shit like Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

lol and he serves the dishes to the table, and when he removes the cover he exclaims "WHAT IS THIS"

"Yo man, we've been waiting on our order for over-"

"JUST A MOMENT!"

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
@ cvxfreak

We should meet there, next time i visit Tokyo

MightyKAC

Hmmmm....Might be a fun way to spend a Friday the 13th. But if it's anything like the grand opening of that Gundam Cafe it'll probably have a line a mile long and I won't be even be able to get through the door without camping out the night before.

Top Bottom