• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Resident Evil Revelations" announced for Nintendo 3DS [N-CONF]

Erebus

Plywood said:
Theres alot more than AA thrown on them. What proof do you have these are in-game?
I'm not claiming that these are in-game but it is possible. Just look at the MGS 3DS thread.

cvxfreak

Regardless of whether these screens are realtime or not (and I doubt they are), Capcom has never delivered an RE game that didn't look good for the system it's on at its time of release.

We can expect, at minimum, Outbreak level graphics but I'd expect something more on par with RE4 or Darkside Chronicles myself. It'll look great.

FoneBone said:
This (and some of the other third party games) look SO much better than Kid Icarus that I find that really hard to believe.

I agree that these are bullshots, but I don't think a launch game in development displayed on a huge screen is showing the full potential of 3DS hardware.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stunning. I am stunned. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy stuff they pull to scare you in 3D. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
As long as it looks better than an N64 game I don't really care what it looks like. I'm just interested in the potential scare tactics it could employ with 3D. Could be amazing.

3D could revitalize the horror genre.

RABID RESIDENT EVIL THEORY ASSAULT FORCE ASSEMBLE

115963150.png

I am not certain that's Jill...

Then there's another shot of her pointing her gun at Chis and a guy who also looks like Chris...
What in the Christing Christ is going on.

cvxfreak said:
Regardless of whether these screens are realtime or not (and I doubt they are), Capcom has never delivered an RE game that didn't look good for the system it's on at its time of release.

We can expect, at minimum, Outbreak level graphics but I'd expect something more on par with RE4 or Darkside Chronicles myself. It'll look great.

Why wouldn't be realtime, certainly they arent CG quality and they are far from perfect, you can see they models are that high in the polycount part, and the textures arent that awesome either, look at snake eater screens, there isn't that big difference, the only thing is touched up is the image quality otherwise it seems quite plausible, in the end it seems they scaled down RE5 models and the shader capabilities of the 3DS did the rest.

Looks amazing....I need this handheld now...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DarkUSS said:
I'm not claiming that these are in-game but it is possible. Just look at the MGS 3DS thread.
Yeah I've seen it, they also look great but not as amazing as this. I guess its mostly the lighting/textures that are wowing me D:=

fernoca

How About No said:

115963150.png

Then there's another shot of her pointing her gun at Chis and a guy who also looks like Chris...
The guy seems to be Chris..the girl now looking at her face seems to be a new character..

People at E3 said that the "scene" was in realtime...but was not actual gameplay, just a realtime cutscene..

It's confirmed that there was indeed a realtime RE:R demo shown, with a controllable camera:

We were also allowed to see a short demo of Resident Evil Revelations, a 3DS-exclusive from Capcom. The action seems to take place on a giant ocean liner amid a terrifying storm. On board are Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine who seem to be coming to blows over some typically obtuse Resi plot point, while a shady prisoner looks on. This time, we could use the analogue stick to look around the scene, using short smooth wiping motions on the button. It's also possible to zoom in and out using the A and B buttons.

This doesn't confirm that it matched the quality of these shots, mind you, but maybe someone who's seen it in person can answer that question. If an early 3DS demo can pull off anything close to these shots in realtime, I take back everything I said about being disappointed with the visuals after the Kid Icarus trailer.

Sadist

Serious question: what are the chances that at some point this was Resident Evil PSP?

Because of the absence at the Sony presser...

Sadist said:
Serious question: what are the chances that at some point this was Resident Evil PSP?

Fairly high, but it's also possible that RE Portable never made it past some vague conceptual stage, and that Revelations is unrelated. We may never know.

Epcott

cvxfreak said:
donny: I know they said that. But Capcom is not likely to make a new RE for each system when the 3DS obviously does everything the PSP can technologically.

4k77yb.jpg

29w39zn.jpg

3DS_ResidentER_04ss04_E3.png

Are these pics realtime? Chris' sharp elbows and shirt and the waves on the boat make me think they are.

Oh wow if realtime o_o

FoneBone

Father_Brain said:
It's confirmed that there was indeed a realtime RE:R demo shown, with a controllable camera:

This doesn't confirm that it matched the quality of these shots, mind you, but maybe someone who's seen it in person can answer that question. If an early 3DS demo can pull off anything close to these shots in realtime, I take back everything I said about being disappointed with the visuals after the Kid Icarus trailer.
I need to see actual video of this. Like, right now.

Bizzyb

Banned
Sadist said:

This is EXACTLY what came to mind when I noticed RE was missing from the PSP montage.

Capcom knows PSP is a sinking ship. 3DS is now (performance wise) on the level of PSP, if not higher. It would have made perfect sense to move the project to 3DS.

Mudkips said:
Nothin' but a bunch of cookie cutter safe as moist dudes.
It sounded like they want to go back to the series' horror roots...
Keiji Inafune said:
I was waiting for a system with such powerful processing ability. It is very attractive. The Resident Evil series, this will be a complete original. It will make you want to explore all sorts of secrets. I think 3D images make players wonder what's at the end of the hallway or what's behind the furniture.
...and constantly putting someone next to you to hold your hand isn't exactly helpful to the atmosphere.

seady

So this is the PSP game?
Nintendo keeps on jacking game away from Sony. :lol
Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter Tri etc

Hex

Banned
A year or so ago I would say fuck this, it should be on PSP.
Now I say that as long as I get a good Resident Evil game, I am all aboard no matter what system that it is on.
Bring it!

OnPoint

How About No said:

115963150.png

It's not Jill. It's Joanna Dark.

G-Fex

cvxfreak said:
RESIDENT EVIL ZERO ALTERNATIVE EDITION

Yikes, nevermind. No more slug monsters ever ever. While we're at it, no more uroburos either.

So how long is capcom going to keep using these designs? I guess they really like super Chris and New Jill.

Top Bottom