• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Resident Evil Revelations" announced for Nintendo 3DS [N-CONF]

Nakasan

Update from IGN:

Source

"Oh, and Resident Evil Revelations? It was just video that you could zoom in and out and turn the camera that simply slid the video around. It wasn't being generated on the 3DS in realtime, guaranteed. "

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Amalthea

Banned
They write in the article that the demos for Kid Icarus and Paper Mario were pre-rendered too but not the one for MGS for example.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Spiegel said:
It has to be generated on the 3DS if you can move the camera around, no?
Until someone explains how a 3d game gamera can be moved around in a prerendered scene, I prefer to think the same.

Spiegel

Bad news, this probably means that most third party games have only started development recently. I wouldn't expect this game until late 2011

Bufbaf said:
Until someone explains how a 3d game gamera can be moved around in a prerendered scene, I prefer to think the same.

No, read it again. It wasn't a 3D camera.

It was the same as with MGS: PW's cutscenes. You can make zoom and then move up/down/left/right but you are not moving a camera, only the video.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Spiegel said:

It was the same as with MGS: PW's cutscenes. You can make zoom and then move up/down/left/right.

Oh, okay, nvm then :)

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
chandoog said:
So ... was the Snake Eater thing a pre rendered demo too ?
No, it had a fully interactive camera. Incidentally, that's one feature I hope doesn't appear in the final game.

Spiegel said:
Bad news, this probably means that most third party games have only started development recently. I wouldn't expect this game until late 2011

It was the same as with MGS: PW's cutscenes. You can make zoom and then move up/down/left/right but you are not moving a camera, only the video.

Wait, what does that even mean?

Wasn't the 3d effect slider working on the MGS demo? How could that work on a pre-rendered video?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DayShallCome said:
Wait, what does that even mean?

Wasn't the 3d effect slider working on the MGS demo? How could that work on a pre-rendered video?
He's talking about Peace Walker. The MGS demo was real time (right? :lol ).

Amalthea

Banned
Why's Capcom so quiet about the whole game anyway? Even when it's too early in development they could tell us anything.

Or were there any other statements concerning the game beside the Inafune interview?

kinggroin

Banned
Nakasan said:
Update from IGN:

Source

"Oh, and Resident Evil Revelations? It was just video that you could zoom in and out and turn the camera that simply slid the video around. It wasn't being generated on the 3DS in realtime, guaranteed. "

I needed this confirmation, because I thought the 3DS would actually be capable of 360 level visuals.

XPE

We haven’t seen resident evil yet, mgs3 was clearly in game footage but we have no idea what the re demo was, it could have just been a movie for all we know.

Hex

Banned
So instead of being happy and excited about a great game announcement, people hype it up to the sky with their imaginations instead of just looking forward to more information and it bites them in the ass?
Sounds about typical.

We are getting Resident Evil for the 3DS, that should be enough to get excited about.

(What in the hell is up with the new errors I am getting? I thought 500 errors were irritating)

Top Bottom