• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations has 2 player local and online play + Streetpass support

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
walking fiend said:

Chinatown Wars bombed on the DS too.

And you're all fuckers for not buying that gem.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
EatChildren said:

I think it did pretty good on DS over time... With price cuts I guess, but still... Better than on the other platforms at least... Not as good as R was hoping but come on, they probably wouldn't be happy with anything less than 3D GTA numbers, as if any top-down GTA did that, or as if they threw the same kind of huge budget for the game's development... That would be like Square expecting the FF DS remakes to do as good as FFX... Good or not, top-down GTA isn't for everyone, unlike 3rd person GTA.

pvpness

Oh man, Capcom might get me with a Resident Evil game. Figured it would be a cold day in hell first. We'll see.

Disguises

EatChildren said:

I bought it. GET OFF MY BACK!

Are we sure this listing is online co-op play and not some sort of ranking/download missions monster hunter style feature?

Erethian

Disguises said:
I bought it. GET OFF MY BACK!

Are we sure this listing is online co-op play and not some sort of ranking/download missions monster hunter style feature?

No gameplay details have been revealed other than the game supporting 1-2 players via local or internet play.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EatChildren said:

Not my fault Rockstar wanted $40 instead of $20 after a year late port of a DS game. *snooty huff*

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Someone granted my wish. As long as you can jump in with randoms like RE5 and there's voice chat, i'm set.

EatChildren said:

It bombed everywhere it was released actually. But it specifically bombed on DS because of the demographic on DS (and that new GTA philosophy that has made it this big doesn't match with DS capabilities inherently), it'll be like suddenly releasing a 3D GTA on Wii, course it won't sell anywhere as much as GTA3-4. (btw I had the game for like a few days, but didn't really like it that much)

I can go dig my posts from a few months ago, but I was warning that Nintendo pushing 3DS solely through Mario will cause the demographic to be mostly void of core gamers, and hence games like RE:R not selling on the system.

However, seeing that this game is shaping up to be a true RE experience, the current 3DS line-up in Japan and lack of any major game for Vita which will obviously effect the demographic in the west as well, Slide-Pad introduction, and also the best selling game in the west being OoT by a very large margin, I am a bit relieved.

kuYuri

Played this for about 10 minutes at a Capcom event. It was my first time using a 3DS too.

Damn, this game looked good. Although I couldn't figure out how to move and shoot, isn't that a feature in this game?

Strider2K99 said:
Played this for about 10 minutes at a Capcom event. It was my first time using a 3DS too.

Damn, this game looked good. Although I couldn't figure out how to move and shoot, isn't that a feature in this game?
it is? Thought it was only in Mercenaries

Boney

Banned
walking fiend said:
WOW!!! Really didn't expect it to have sold this much. Now, I am a bit confused how PSP end up as dead as it is!
because liberty city stories was pretty bad

Strider2K99 said:

it's in both, at least it's in the revelations demo
hold the L button when you have your gun drawn out.

there's also frankenstick support

Strider2K99 said:
Oh ok, thought it was also Revelations for some reason.
I was really asking, not sure myself! Boney says its there!

because liberty city stories was pretty bad
I suspect it didn't actually sold that much on PSP alone. for comparison, it had sold 1.3m on PS2 and 1.8m on PSP in the US by December 2007. Which if hold true WW, means it has sold 4.7 on PSP.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
GrayFoxPL said:
Another co-op re? Smh. When will they understand it only worked in Outbreak 1 and 2?

...err, I suppose you didn't see all the videos where you play Jill.
Or videos of the game at all.

fernoca

GrayFoxPL said:
Another co-op re? Smh. When will they understand it only worked in Outbreak 1 and 2?
The game's not co-op; not even the "online info" (and the reason of this thread) mentions co-op. :p

Would be cool though, but the main game is not. Well, at least based on the demo and nearly every video of it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
walking fiend said:
WOW!!! Really didn't expect it to have sold this much. Now, I am a bit confused how PSP end up as dead as it is!

edit: I believe that number is PS2+PSP combined?
It is.

It's unclear how much the PSP version sold, but it was leading 1.8 to 1.3 million back in North America alone back in 2007.

Even if we split it 50/50 though, I think it's still likely to be the biggest in the West for the foreseeable future unless we count smartphones as handhelds.

kunonabi

UncleSporky said:
Nah, this would probably just feature characters, enemies, areas and weapons from this game (in order to save on storage space). The actual Mercs game is really fleshed out with a good amount of content.

Mercs was missing a ton of characters, costumes, and stages.

Nirolak said:
It is.

It's unclear how much the PSP version sold, but it was leading 1.8 to 1.2 million back in NA alone back in 2007.

Even if we split it 50/50 though, I think it's still likely to be the biggest in the West for the foreseeable future unless we count smartphones as handhelds.
Yes, I agree in the west we won't see something this big in numbers. However, I was mainly bolding it in terms of the importance in the franchise and budget, it is probably one of the biggest 3rd party titles on handheld by these measures. There are some other games even on DS that sell pretty well, like Professor Layton games, but they aren't really 'big' titles.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There's a scan floating around...and I'm starting to understand.
The modes in the menu image: Campaign, Raid mode, Missions, Options.
Ah, there are also two new characters presented, Keith Lumley and Quint Cetcham; they're also on the site.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
From what it looks like in the scan it seems that Keith and Quint are playable. So that's three teams for this game, I guess.

Mpl90 said:
Ah, there are also two new characters presented, Keith Lumley and Quint Cetcham; they're also on the site.
So its most likely a Mercenary mode. Hell yeah. I've allready spent 55 hours on Mercenaries 3d so I'll take it^^

watershed

Banned
Mpl90 said:
Sounds great, I imagine raid mode is like horde mode in GoW or something. Sounds like Missions mode in mercenaries more or less. This game just gets better and better. Damn I'll probably have to get the 2nd slider expansion for this game.

xbhhsg.jpg

lmao, wow. These guys are seriously dumb lookin'.

Also, saw in one of the scans they're fighting a Hunter. So one classic enemy is back.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
This is far and away the most graphically amazing game for the 3DS. I think maybe it was to the system's detriment that it was one of the first games revealed, though. Other companies just couldn't hang with Capcom's multi=platform engine (I forgot the name of it).

I don't own a 3DS yet, but the fact that meaty, graphically beautiful shooters are coming out for it I hope is a good omen for the system becoming something more than just a machine for running Nintendo first-party games.

I really, really want this to be a big success and maybe encourage other companies to make action-heavy, graphically intense games. Basically what I'm saying is that we are all aware that the 3DS lags behind the Vita in the "horsepower" department. Looking at games like RE though, one begins to wonder if perhaps the 3DS isn't as stunted as many assume.

I mean, any way you slice it that is a beautiful damn game you can play in the palm of your hands. Capcom has been getting a ton of shit lately, and rightly so I suppose, but they know how to work that 3DS, dawg.

randomwab

GoldandBlue said:
xbhhsg.jpg

lmao, wow. These guys are seriously dumb lookin'.

Also, saw in one of the scans they're fighting a Hunter. So one classic enemy is back.

Woah, they really remind me of the two unused characters from Resident Evil 1.

deweygezzlergross.jpg

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It would a nice idea for Nintendo to include a gamble game in a future OS update to earn coins.

Top Bottom