• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Seventh Review: Eurogamer - 8/10

Davey Cakes

The coupon makes this game tempting, but my money is limited. Do you guys think that it will get Club Nintendo coins? I really hope so.
I'm pretty sure it will, though I forget where that was announced.

But it was part of that "register two games and get Kid Icarus free" promotion, after all.

M3d10n

Can you aim while moving? Or is it essentially hipfiring?

I don't know about the alternative control schemes, but in the default one holding L while aiming with R makes the slider pad move the character instead of aiming, so you switch between lining your aim and moving on the fly. It doesn't allow you to circle-strafe enemies, but you can move away while shooting at incoming enemies or make finer aim adjustments by strafing left/right.

Bullza2o

I'm pretty sure it will, though I forget where that was announced.

But it was part of that "register two games and get Kid Icarus free" promotion, after all.
It seems that it's only for EU, as the promo was available only there. Please NOA, give us coins for this game.

Luigiv

Really?
That seems odd.

Well depends on what you count as aiming. I don't count strafing in the weapon ready stance without any rotation as aiming.

In the default control scheme you can either aim and shoot or strafe and shoot. You can't strafe and aim or do all three simultaneously.

However, the game does included standard F/TPS controls as an option. You can either use the face buttons or the CPP to aim whilst the left circle pad remains dedicated to movement.

So yeah, make sure you visit the options menu first before you start playing the game to get the control scheme you want.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

Except for the run button, it's the same as type A. Can't adjust my aim while moving. So I think you've misunderstood me; my post is about adjusting aim while moving simultaneously, not having your gun out and strafing.

MooMoo

Except for the run button, it's the same as type A. Can't adjust my aim while moving. So I think you've misunderstood me; my post is about adjusting aim while moving simultaneously, not having your gun out and strafing.
He lied. It's type C. Strafe with left trigger+slide pad, control aim with ABXY, and shoot with right trigger. Just tried it out myself :p

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
He lied. It's type C. Strafe with left trigger+slide pad, control aim with ABXY, and shoot with right trigger. Just tried it out myself :p

Haha, I thought so. I'm periodically "borrowing" the game from my roommate so i haven't messed around with the control schemes but was wondering what he was talking about.
I am trying this out, too. It's not good. At all.
No doubt.

MooMoo

Haha, I thought so. I'm periodically "borrowing" the game from my roommate so i haven't messed around with the control schemes but was wondering what he was talking about.
:p Well as Ridley327 says, it's not a particularly great control scheme (i.e. not particularly comfortable/doesn't feel right). The slide pad attachment might alleviate how awkward it feels though, depending on how Capcom makes the preset control schemes. I'd imagine having the second slide pad control the aiming would feel better for aiming than using the four ABXY buttons.

olimpia84

I'm a huge RE fan and have this preordered but for some reason I'm not very excited about it, even with all the positive reviews it's getting.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
:p Well as Ridley327 says, it's not a particularly great control scheme (i.e. not particularly comfortable/doesn't feel right). The slide pad attachment might alleviate how awkward it feels though, depending on how Capcom makes the preset control schemes. I'd imagine having the second slide pad control the aiming would feel better for aiming than using the four ABXY buttons.

Glad they're at least giving us the option for these control schemes. Looking forward to trying out the gyro aiming one since it was pretty slick in OoT.

I'm a huge RE fan and have this preordered but for some reason I'm not very excited about it, even with all the positive reviews it's getting.

So kind of how I felt towards Super Mario 3D Land. Hopefully you end up loving this game like I did SM3DL after playing it.

seady

I am still amazed that Capcom put so much resources into make a handheld Resident Evil game.

But then, I also see them porting it to endless number of systems, as with all their RE games do. The first probably be Wii U (launch title) and Vita. Then 360 and PS3 HD version. Then after all these ports, they will squeeze the last bit with a $5 download on iOS (that will be on sale to $2 a week after release). Wait, then there's also PS4 and 720 downloadable version in 2015.

Caved in and got another 3DS even after swearing to myself that I wouldn't bother until a redesign. Oh RE, the control you have over mind, body, and logic.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
eh... hate those controls. Guess I have no reason to get a 3DS now.
Er, RE4 style controls are tank controls too, it's only the camera angle that's different compared to original RE, and the more free aiming mode... Left/right still make the character pivot on the spot to his/her left/right, down makes the character move backward and up forward, regardless of the camera view, which being behind the character means it always matches your left/right and your backward/forward instead of seem reversed or whatever because the camera decided to look back.

ksdixon

Yeah, all 3 of my brothers loved RE4 and completed it numerous times. The youngest brother can't stand classic tank controls, funnily enough. So I know it's mostly just me. I'm hoping that I like RE:ORC though, and I suppose I should give RE4 another try sometime soon.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The More I hear about this game, the more I know I made the right choice:-

Dammit roll on the 27th, bet I wont get the game until like mid feb knowing Zaavi :(

watershed

Banned
I pre-ordered this game from amazon for $40 but now I'm worried that the CPP is the superior control scheme especially for online play. Can someone clarify for me: the CPP+RE:R bundle is available only at gamestop for $50 and the CPP on its own is $20. Is that right?

cvxfreak

Japanese version or American version.... hmmm....

The Japanese SKU will have English text and VA as options. Not sure about FIGS voices, though. Famitsu has hyped the feature up lately; English stays because that's what the series has traditionally featured.

Top Bottom