• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of man, finished game trailer

Mmmkay

Yeah, that trailer was pretty awesome and looks like the sort of rolling video you'd expect. I noticed that GamesRadar also had a much better video of the PS3 bootup too, compared to PSM3.

I post here to Wollan :D

I think it's the best trailer yet, it's just too bad that Gamesradar videos are so low quality. Hopefully they release a HD version of it soon. It'd be nice to have one more piece of media before the game comes out.

That attract video makes the game look like one of the most intense and explosive FPS of all time. And I didn't see anything I'd think was a spoiler. Good show.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
What ? I´m watching the PS3 opening here... the same showed a while ago... and the ****in video is freezing...

edit: nevermind... found it

good lord! :O :O :O

You know the best thing about this?? Awesome graphics, tons of shit going on the screen AT A LOCKED FRAME RATE!

Oh god that looked sweeet as hell. It will be hard to avoid PS3 this year >_<

sihmahh.jpg

I WANT NOW!!

jett

D-Member
mms://futurenet.wmod.llnwd.net/a356/o2/gamesradar/videos/us/rfom_intro_ps3_16x9_300.wmv

mms://futurenet.wmod.llnwd.net/a356/o2/gamesradar/videos/us/rfom_intro_ps3_16x9_700.wmv

Use SDP Downloader to get it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
SolidSnakex said:
This game looks like its going to have a nightmarish difficulty. No wonder they always show it in God mode.

The difficulty is adjustable :).

The biggest issue with God mode vs. non God mode is you use cover a lot and switch weapons when enemies can actually hurt you. Taking cover doesn't make for the best video when you're showing an FPS (oo, look at the sandbag wall close-up!). We did really take your criticisms to heart about that though, so I oversaw capture of non-God mode footage for a couple hours yesterday (an HD capture deck was in the office for the day for something else, so I took advantage).

I haven't seen the footage yet to see how it turned out (was it usable?) and I don't know who we'll give it to. Hopefully you'll see it at some point.

JS

Insane Metal

Gold Member
jett said:
mms://futurenet.wmod.llnwd.net/a356/o2/gamesradar/videos/us/rfom_intro_ps3_16x9_300.wmv

mms://futurenet.wmod.llnwd.net/a356/o2/gamesradar/videos/us/rfom_intro_ps3_16x9_700.wmv

Use SDP Downloader to get it.

THANKS DUUUDE :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jstevenson said:

The biggest issue with God's mode vs. non God's mode is you use cover a lot and switch weapons a ton when enemies can actually hurt you. Taking cover doesn't make for the best video when you're showing an FPS (oo, look at the sandbag wall close-up!). We did really take your criticisms to heart about that though, so I oversaw capture of non-God mode footage for a couple hours yesterday (an HD capture deck was in the office for the day for something else, so I took advantage).

I haven't seen the footage yet to see how it turned out (was it usable?) and I don't know who we'll give it to. Hopefully you'll see it at some point.

JS

The videos with god mode on is kinda deceiving since I get a feeling that the game is a run and gun, game when the actual game is probably not even close as a run and gunner

I would like to see a video of actual gameplay though so I can see how difficult the game is. Difficulty is good :)

jstevenson said:

The biggest issue with God's mode vs. non God's mode is you use cover a lot and switch weapons a ton when enemies can actually hurt you. Taking cover doesn't make for the best video when you're showing an FPS (oo, look at the sandbag wall close-up!). We did really take your criticisms to heart about that though, so I oversaw capture of non-God mode footage for a couple hours yesterday (an HD capture deck was in the office for the day for something else, so I took advantage).

JS

I wasn't really complaining, I like that it seems that its going to be difficult. But its pretty clear that cover is important given that the bullet swarms in the video often resemble 2D shooters. :p

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jstevenson said:

JS
How long before the media will start getting reviewable copies of the game? We'll get more non godmode footage when they have more of a chance to play the game on their own terms.

newsguy

Oneself said:
I don't know why but anyway I load the trailer, it runs like shit. Like one frame each 3 seconds... :(

Like they said, it's been upgraded! :lol But honestly, I see like a sliver of the video but the little bit I do see looks intense.

kaching said:
How long before the media will start getting reviewable copies of the game? We'll get more non godmode footage when they have more of a chance to play the game on their own terms.
more importantly, when will media start getting PS3s so they can review launch titles?

Not too bad at all. I do still wonder whether the gameplay will match the atmosphere and visuals, but that was certainly impressive.

Oneself

Thanks a lot guys for the youtubing.:D Looks cool even via youtube, so I can't wait to see a direct feed 720p trailer... or... there's only a month remaining..

Top Bottom