• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resogun coming to PS Vita

Qwark

vitadksna.png

Celceta is in there twice... REDO IT.

Edit: Wait, are those different cover arts... I may have jumped the gun.

antibolo

Banned
How are they going to do all the crazy particle physics.

I guess they just won't because they're all just cosmetic, but still.

CamHostage

In fact, it's the same developed that ported Dead Nation for the Vita. That's not good.

So, how was Dead Nation bad on Vita? I haven't gotten a chance to download it yet. Is it the framerate or graphical quality (is it blurry, or chunky, or bare in textures?) or the lighting or the networking reliability? Or all of the above?

Resogun seems like it'll be a different challenge than Dead Nation, in that DN you were trying to port exactly a detailed and busy game, whereas Resogun has an incredible engine with a billion things happening but there are tricks to try that could downgrade the visuals while still impressing on the small screen and without impeding the gameplay. So I'm weirdly more hopeful sight-unseen that the Resogun port will turn out well than I was at the same announcement period of Dead Nation despite one being a PS3 game and one being PS4, but it could go either way.

Hmm... I'll be interested to see how this turns out. I'd rather have Resogun Delta to be honest. SSDD felt like a good fit being slightly trimmed down from the console versions.

Agreed, sometimes modified portable versions of games come out nicely. I actually really love the PSP game of Super Stardust, oddly. Maybe it's just that I played it a ton and found other things to do by the time of the Vita game, or maybe I just like tapping to flare the Fire better than wiggling the stick for whatever reason, but I still enjoy it. So I'm with you, while I am really enjoying the option of buying a game on whatever platform I want it on (unlike a lot of gamers, I almost always choose portable over HD) and I hate the reputation Vita/PSP have of being "port machines", there are times when a little less effort spent being port-perfect ends up making a little bit better game.

Shizuka

So, how was Dead Nation bad on Vita? I haven't gotten a chance to download it yet. Is it the framerate or graphical quality (is it blurry, or chunky, or bare in textures?) or the lighting or the networking reliability? Or all of the above?

I'd say a bit of all of the above. It's in no way unplayable, or anywhere near Borderlands 2 on the Vita, but compared directly to the PS3 version I got from the Welcome Back program after the PSN outage, it bothered me to the point where I couldn't play it on my Vita.

Top Bottom