• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage DX getting limited retail release on PS4

Seik

Banned
I'm legit surprised that there's still copies available. 2000 is pretty damn limited. o_O

I went ape shit to find some unlocked internet earlier for nothing I guess, but it was worth it for the feel alone. :D

fernoca

I'm legit surprised that there's still copies available. 2000 is pretty damn limited. o_O

I went ape shit to find some unlocked internet earlier for nothing I guess, but it was worth it for the feel alone. :D

You can bet that if you waited, there wouldn't be any copies now. :p

In any case, mine was $10 to ship because of the poster, shirt, pins and CD. In that way, shipping for the game was free since everything else will arrive sooner; and the poster should come in a tube.

LQX

Yea....no way this is is limited to 2,000 copies. I see a announcement coming soon; "due to the great demand was have decided to produce $20,000". Going to cancel.

wondermega

Brian Provinciano is one crazy MF (in a good way). Started making the game as an ACTUAL 8 bit game (and released a great video on the troubles of actually doing this), released the Wii Ware version knowing full well he wouldnt' see a damn penny from it, he goes above and beyond on a regular basis. I'm not sure how he managed this, but if any one-man indie team would do it, he would.

got a link there bub?

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Yea....no way this is is limited to 2,000 copies. I see a announcement coming soon; "due to the great demand was have decided to produce $20,000". Going to cancel.

Doing that would be a shitty move.

It's a good way of selling 2000 copies of their indie game as some people are enticed the by idea of having a rare physical copy, making more copies would lose its charm.

Was the vanilla release of RCR worth playing? It's been sitting on my Vita's memory card and I dabbled with it for like 5 minutes and haven't played it since.

Krejlooc

Banned
Because video games rarely build up any value, this particular one is pretty average and not that desirable, and you have to actually find a buyer for something to be worth anything. I don't claim to "know" that it'll be worthless, but I'm saying it with a fair degree of certainty.

I'm a collector of rare and valuable titles.

This is precisely the kind of game that will be worth quite a bit in 10-15 years. A physical game with a print run of 2000?? Getouttahere.

Seik

Banned
Says Sold Out now. Glad I got myself a copy.

About damn time, tbh.

I thought it would last something like an hour or two, turns out It lasted 2 days. :p

I'm a collector of rare and valuable titles.

This is precisely the kind of game that will be worth quite a bit in 10-15 years. A physical game with a print run of 2000?? Getouttahere.

Yeah, this.

Now imagine a sealed copy...I'll use mine, but I can't say I didn't think to keep it sealed and then buy the game digitally. Then I thought 'Fuck it, I shouldn't spend so much money.'.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
He flat out said on Twitter he's not doing another run so collectors won't get screwed.

I was going to post this same thing.

This is from their Twitter page:

3U298uh.jpg

https://twitter.com/RetroCR

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They should just say "fuck it" and put Knack on the rest of the disc.

A few PS3 discs had 2 games on a single disc. I am sure they could do the same on the 4.

I remember in Costa Rica when I was really young buying a pirated copy of "Crash Bandicoot Collection" which didn't exist of course. I just thought, "what the hell is this?"

It would boot on my PSX a basic UI with the choice of the original 3 games to load.
Thought that was a neat trick for bootleggers to do.

emb

So apparently I get a Steam copy and a soundtrack download with my preorder of the physical copy. I didn't even read closely enough to notice that. Neat.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I love how they release floppy games on a Blu-ray. Hell, they even release DLC as a own disc. I gotta love Sony!

fernoca

Yeah, just got the email with both codes, and yeah, it was (and is) mentioned in the preorder page:

PRE-ORDER TODAY AND ALSO GET:

-The official soundtrack featuring 32 tracks by Jake 'virt' Kaufman, Freaky DNA and Norrin Radd (Digital Download)

-PC and Mac versions of Retro City Rampage™ DX for Steam (Digital Download)

Nibiru

Banned
A very cool collectable to keep sealed but the game itself was not a very good retro experience. It had a ton of great nods to the 8-bit era but the game was kind of a mess.

Top Bottom